CODE OF CONDUCT

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

CODE OF CONDUCT

Postby Worff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Item number 15. was added to our official "Code of Conduct"... full listing is posted below. This is effective immediately.

CODE OF CONDUCT

1. All members will conduct themselves in a manner that will not bring bad reputation to the guild. Such negative behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Kill Stealing
- Rude Comments
- Stealing Items
- Spamming OOC and Shout
- Ninja Looting
- Training Mobs Onto Others
- Using Foul Language in OOC or Shouts

2. Guild members are not allowed to auction in Guild Chat, but free give-away items are allowed.

3. All members are encouraged to assist other members if they are available.

4. All members are encouraged (but not required) to participate in guild events. These events are only successful if wehave participation.

5. Give preference to guild members for groups when within your control.

6. Arguing and hostility in guild chat is not allowed. If a conversation is going downhill, then do yourself a favor andtake it to tells or keep quiet before an officer has to get involved.

7. #6 also applies to our Message Board. Flaming on the Forums is prohibited and will be moderated.

8. Don't expect to receive help if you don't help others.

9. The minimum level to apply to TF is five levels below the current max, but exceptions may be granted by the Guild Leader.

10. Members are encouraged to use /roleplay over /anon if you feel the need to hide your class or zone location. Please don't hide your guild tag; it's something to be proud of.

11. We are NOT a guild of people's alts. We require that your main character wear the Tribal Fury tag. We'd also love to have your alts; there is no limit to the number of alts/mules you may have tagged.

12. If you wish to leave Tribal Fury and apply to another guild, have the courtesy to /guildremove yourself. Having an open application to another guild while wearing a TF tag will only result in an officer removing your tag.

13. The guild leader reserves the right to invite people by special invitation. Used primarily for real life family members.

14. Please, do not create threads on this forum that duplicate ones that were recently locked due to being or becoming inflammatory.

15.Tribal Fury strives to beat encounters and acquire gear the way the game was meant to be played. We do not support acquiring gear via hacking, buying gear that was acquired by hacking, or buying toons with hacked gear. Tribal fury reserves the right to dismiss any toon with hacked gear.

Changes in this policy will be posted here, followed by an update on our main web page (listed by clicking "Policies").

If you feel you have inadvertantly or unintentionally violated once of these policies, and would like to explain your side, please contact an officer and they will post your story for all of the officers to read and discuss. Keep in mind if the violation is item 15. regarding hacked gear, the remedy to this may be, but not limited to, destruction of the gear in question, so you will be in compliance.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Last edited by cliffy on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: 9) Level minimum edited. 14) Changed from minimum resists to "no duplicate inflammatory threads".
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Re: CODE OF CONDUCT

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Why was my post deleted? I asked a valid question I am wondering. How do you know if gear is hacked or not?
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:52 pm

we are not gear police - but if someone brings to our attention someones hacking then it will become something we will address.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:23 pm

I know I am completely stupid, so explain this to me. How do you hack gear anyway? You screw with some code and a 300 hp item would come back as 800 hp? Or are you cheating somehow to get the normal gear or what? I have no idea about any of this stuff. Is there a way to tell if it was hacked or not? Somebody could say I hacked all my gear and I could say I didn't. Is there anyway to tell who is lying?
Goofydoofy

Postby Worff » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:I know I am completely stupid, so explain this to me. How do you hack gear anyway? You screw with some code and a 300 hp item would come back as 800 hp? Or are you cheating somehow to get the normal gear or what? I have no idea about any of this stuff. Is there a way to tell if it was hacked or not? Somebody could say I hacked all my gear and I could say I didn't. Is there anyway to tell who is lying?

Nah it's not magically getting new pants to appear on your ass, or making those pants have better stats... it's hacking to be able to obtain known loot you normally could not get by yourself or even a small group. Some apps have shown little playtime, for instance, and also were not in guilds prior to app that raided the content of the armor they were wearing, yet had full sets of TSS or Solteris raid armor.

Example of hacking: Using 3rd party scripts or software (not talking about legitimate parsers, or even showEQ, but those designed by hackers to circumvent game mechanics) that allow you to kill things you normally would need a raid for... so it's legitimate loot off legitimate mobs, obtained fraudulently. Not sure of the internal logistics of these scripts/warez, but I assume they work by modifying the behavior of your character or the mobs themselves, such as "ghosting".

Buying no-trade raid gear can be tougher to know where it came from, but if it's combined with other signs like low /played time and no guild history, it has the "appearance" of them being a hacker, whether it was known to them or not. Just the appearance of being a hacker can have the same result as if they actually did the hacking themselves to those looking, or even to Sony if they actually decided to police it more vigilantly. If someone has been in some decent guilds or has high ass /played time, even if they bought an item or two, it would be rather inconspicous and no one would blink an eye.

Buying a toon: You can buy an EQ char raised up in level and AA's with no gear on at all... thats no problem... there are websites that offer that as a service. However, if you buy a toon already decked out in high end raid gear off E-Bay, you have no clue what that toon's history is, and could be on a "black list" somewhere for being a hacker. Again it depends on the same red flags that would go up on any toon.

Black Lists: These are extremely dependent on accurate and unbiased information that is updated frequently... in other words you can't always believe every claim you see on forums somewhere that someone is a hacker. Even WE could be in error ourselves assuming someone is indeed hacking, it's tough to actually prove to a level it would hold up in a court somewhere. However we are charged with using our best judgement, so that's all we can do :)
Worff
Webmaster

Postby bill » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah sadly I think this policy finally excludes Venthos from applying ;)
bill

Postby Worff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:32 pm

bill wrote:Yeah sadly I think this policy finally excludes Venthos from applying ;)

Haha just a little :P
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Naiin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Example of hacking: Using 3rd party scripts or software (not talking about legitimate parsers, or even showEQ, but those designed by hackers to circumvent game mechanics) that allow you to kill things you normally would need a raid for... so it's legitimate loot off legitimate mobs, obtained fraudulently. Not sure of the internal logistics of these scripts/warez, but I assume they work by modifying the behavior of your character or the mobs themselves, such as "ghosting".

And you prove this how?
Naiin

Postby Worff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Naiin wrote:And you prove this how?

Worff wrote:... in other words you can't always believe every claim you see on forums somewhere that someone is a hacker. Even WE could be in error ourselves assuming someone is indeed hacking, it's tough to actually prove to a level it would hold up in a court somewhere. However we are charged with using our best judgement, so that's all we can do :)

There is more info like this in other posts we've made in this thread.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby cliffy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:43 pm

Worff wrote:
15.Tribal Fury strives to beat encounters and acquire gear the way the game was meant to be played. We do not support acquiring gear via hacking, buying gear that was acquired by hacking, or buying toons with hacked gear. Tribal fury reserves the right to dismiss any toon with hacked gear.

If you feel you have inadvertantly or unintentionally violated once of these policies, and would like to explain your side, please contact an officer and they will post your story for all of the officers to read and discuss. Keep in mind if the violation is item 15. regarding hacked gear, the remedy to this may be, but not limited to, destruction of the gear in question, so you will be in compliance.

Is this going to be enforced?
cliffy

Postby Worff » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 am

Why do you ask? Or you just want to stir the pot some more.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 am

Yup. it will be enforced as we encounter any problems with this. Any apps that come to us with gear or AA or exp that is reported to be hacked will most likely be denied. While we took some TFers back that had some brushes with this policy - it was considered and if they had never left TF they wouldn't have been expelled as none of what was discussed about them had occurred after the policy came into effect.

So we understand that they are done with that crowd and are back home.

Any new information that people dredge up against their fellow players will be considered as appropriate.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Return to Guild Policies