W signs 35 mpg bill.

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Re: W signs 35 mpg bill.

Postby cliffy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Look at the big picture here, if we screw up we just go extinct. Just like any other animal that ever walked the Earth humans will eventually die off too. Not sure why everyone thinks we are so special just because we have technology and stuff.
cliffy

Postby Aithzar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Well, what Bilnick said is true. The US in its current state cannot shoot itself in the foot. We are passing some legislation to reduce greenhouse emissions and there are many more fuel-efficient cars/trucks/suv's then there were 10 years ago. Take me for example. I bought a new car in 2006. I would have preferred to buy a truck just for the simple fact that noone in my circle of local friends/family has one and its a bitch to do things without a pick-up truck from time to time. Not to mention I don't mind driving them. When I thought about it, the amount of time that I "needed" a truck could not justify the purchase. I ended up with a very fuel-efficient Honda Civic which I love. Young people like myself are making the right choice when it comes to vehicles. Not everyone drives around in some gas-guzzling hog. Do we have a long way to go? Yes, of course. Will it even help? Who knows, the science isn't able to prove very much right now. Does it make use of common sense to say its better to use a more fuel-efficient vehicle no matter the reasons? Yes, duh.

Aithzar/Russell
Aithzar

Highscores: 2

Postby Jimbop » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Yeah, it does pretty much all depend on an individual's uses. The area one lives in can also play a difference. As Skiba will testify to, western NY can sometimes be hit with decent amounts of snow because of Lake Erie. When I went about buying my current vehicle, I wanted something that had 4 wheel drive, so I opted with buying a Jeep Cherokee. It's not too great in gas when I have to drive up into the hills (which I do 3 times a week because of college), but I'll deal with sucking down more gas for the reliability I can have to get where I need to go. Everyone's needs are different. Mine are currently suited by something that uses more gas than a car does.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Previous

Return to Real Life and Opinion