W signs 35 mpg bill.

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Naiin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:34 pm

Iraq is a prime example of a county that sitting on a ton of wealth if only they would get off their asses to do something about it.

Tough to do anything about it when your religious and social leaders are so corrupt in their practices that the welfare of the general population is in no way on their agenda.... When the people on the street get tired of it, you will see change, there is little difference to the tactics it takes to catch street level drug dealers as it does street fighters... someone on the street is seeing an knowing the info that could stop it.. but they wont... they still think its the right thing to support/shelter for whatever reasons (remember the bastille?... peasants had had enough... Chouczeskou in Romania <sp>... lined up on the wall and shot) Why are we there again? To fight insurgency or WMD (please god someone post a link to the "sarin" or wtfever its called ... so I can laugh at it again... classic example of "wag the dog"... Look around and get a good feeling of what its like to have to rest of the world laughing at the charade we have made... like watching your neighbor trying to scrape an especially sticky dog turd off their feet) The Federal Govt doesnt do a good job at anything but making itself bigger and more "needed"...
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Serano » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:33 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:From the look of things it looks like one of the first good things President Bush is doing.

heh - you people that don't like Pres Bush amuse me.

I wonder if people could list 5 bad choices Pres Bush has made.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby EQIsenhart » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:43 pm

1. Going to war in Iraq.

2. Reducing monies in federally funded programs to assist college students.

3. Vetoed SCHIP (State Children's Health Insurance Program) which would have greatly help federally-funded health care benefits and plans to families and children. His argument was because it was going into the direction of socialized health care.

4. The whole social security reform thing which turned out to be a joke.

5. He withdrew the US from the Kyoto Protocol which was in place to help regulate our emission of greenhouse gases.

6. And one extra one, the whole make all current illegal immigrants legal? Hah. The last thing we need are 12 million ILLEGAL immigrants suddenly made legal are you kidding me?
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Shoolace » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:13 am

I thought I would add my two sense.

1. Wire Tapping
2. Patriot Act
3. Alberto Gonzales or something like that. "I don't recall" really
4. No Child Left Behind
5. Commuting Libby's sentence
6. Blackwater
7. Turning a trillion dollar surplus into trillions of dollars in debt
8. His so called Tax Cuts
9. And Torturing... need I say more?
Shoolace

Postby Serano » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:36 am

EQIsenhart wrote:1. Going to war in Iraq.

2. Reducing monies in federally funded programs to assist college students.

3. Vetoed SCHIP (State Children's Health Insurance Program) which would have greatly help federally-funded health care benefits and plans to families and children. His argument was because it was going into the direction of socialized health care.

4. The whole social security reform thing which turned out to be a joke.

5. He withdrew the US from the Kyoto Protocol which was in place to help regulate our emission of greenhouse gases.

6. And one extra one, the whole make all current illegal immigrants legal? Hah. The last thing we need are 12 million ILLEGAL immigrants suddenly made legal are you kidding me?

1) Going to War in Iraq was a good move. Got rid of a guy that violated a peace treaty with the world.

2) I disagree with the Federal government providing money to students to go to college. Good move

3) SCHIP is a broken program - too many loopholes that provides health care to children WELL above the poverty line that the program was not designed for. Also - had loopholes that allowed for adults to get the monies that were intended for children. Wrong number 3.

4) Social Security reform got denied by Congress and is a legislative initiative that he recommended and congress rejected. SS is broken - shame that no one wants to fix it because it would affect their re-election.

5) The Kyoto protocol is a flaming joke. It doesn't fix emmision problems world wide - it has severe problems. bedsides this whole program of labeling anyone that is opposed to anything at all that has a Green flavor is automatically a nutjob is funny. Its part of the whole cult of human involvment in climate change (CHIICC) where is you don't jump in the cult you are a nut job - regardless of the science. Humans do not understand the global environment enough to know if human interaction with it is having a global effect.

6) Amnesty for illegal immigrants. Well - unlike Regan - he proposed that the illegals pay their back taxes in order to earn amnesty and the the right to APPLY for legal residency. Better than never getting those taxes and keeping them here undocumented.

Ok 6 tries 6 fails. Try again.
Serano
Officer

Postby Ceruis » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:44 am

Naiin wrote:
Iraq is a prime example of a county that sitting on a ton of wealth if only they would get off their asses to do something about it.

Why are we there again? To fight insurgency or WMD (please god someone post a link to the "sarin" or wtfever its called ... so I can laugh at it again... [/b]

I can finally turn in my MOPP gear and promask now! I'll let everyone here know that the expert on chemical intelligence has spoken. :thumbup
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Serano » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:51 am

Shoolace wrote:I thought I would add my two sense.

1. Wire Tapping
2. Patriot Act
3. Alberto Gonzales or something like that. "I don't recall" really
4. No Child Left Behind
5. Commuting Libby's sentence
6. Blackwater
7. Turning a trillion dollar surplus into trillions of dollars in debt
8. His so called Tax Cuts
9. And Torturing... need I say more?

1) Wire tapping terrorists. Good thing. I am 100% behind it - thank you Federal government for wire tapping criminals to prevent loss of American Lives! WOOT!
2) Patriot act was passed by congress. It was the Presidents job to enforce it. Go Separation of Executive and Legislative powers!
3) Alberto Gonzales never did anything wrong in his job. With 150 Federal DAs - they are each appointed by the incoming presidents. When a president leaves office - all of the old presidents DAs resign. After one term some presidents ask some of their DAs to leave. Some presidents fire the ones that are not doing the job according to the way the president expects. Alberto Gonzales upon taking the Job of AG - found some problems with the execution of the jobs by 10% of the DAs that were now working for him. He cleaned house within his authority. Good Job Al - too bad the Media had targeted you for removal regardless of you acting within your authority. Goes to show you how little peeps question the Medias persecution of people that committed no crime just because they don't like them.
4) No Child Left behind. OMG what a terrible program. Pay schools more for succesfully graduating Studends. It is SO the federal governments fault that school Administrators lie just so that they can get more money - and degrade the standards in order to take part in the Federal program. However I agree with you on this one. Terrible program because I am opposed to federal support to education.
5) Presidential pardons are the right and duty of the President. There is a reason that he has those powers and we don't. Besides Libby was trying to do what he believed was supportive of the government and they gave him a ton of time for lying. Hell - Lying is the right of all Americans - you just can't do it about someone else or under oath.
6) Blackwater. The Government pays Blackwater to do a number of services around the world and here at home. From training local cops, Border patrol and pulling security and training missions abroad. That individuals contracted by the government commit crimes is not the fault of the President - altho he is responsible for crimes committed that he endorses. As he did not endorce any crimes committed by Blackwater employees he has nothing to be ashamed of other than of the actions that he did not approve of.
7) Bush took office with over 3 Trillion Dollers of Debt. I think he has brought it to 6 Trillion off the top of my head. You can blame US debt to Foreign Investers on Every President from Carter to Current Bush (Nixon only spent in the Black and is the Only President to do that since Coolage to do that. So I agree with you here - it sucks. Damn Congress for voting on those spending Bills that President spent. Oh yah - did you forget that its congress that appropriates money not the president? The way Nixon spent in the black is he vetoed anything that spent more than they took in. Nixon was one fine damn President. Too bad he covered up those that were working on his behest when they committed crimes.
8) Tax cuts. He said he would cut taxes . he did. Damn him for doing what he said he would do.
9) Torturing. Yah authorizing torture against Prisoners at any time is just terrible - we are supposed to be the good guys.

Good try and MUCH better than Isen did - you have 2 out of 9.

2 reasons from Shoo that Bush made bad choices on. Supporting Federal funding for education and apparently authorizing or allowing torture to get approved that he may have had knowledge of.
Serano
Officer

Postby Serano » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:56 am

Ceruis wrote:
Naiin wrote:

Why are we there again? To fight insurgency or WMD (please god someone post a link to the "sarin" or wtfever its called ... so I can laugh at it again... [/b]

I can finally turn in my MOPP gear and promask now! I'll let everyone here know that the expert on chemical intelligence has spoken. :thumbup

We went to war with Iraq with the intelligence estimate that Iraq still had Stockpiles of Chemical agents. THis was not the only reason - but was one of the good ones. 101st discovered 25 X 25 GAL Barrels of Sarrin and 82d discovered 12 X 25 GAL Barrels of Sarrin (GB Nerve Agent) south of Baghdad at a Artillary Factory. I have 2 eyewitnesses from each Division who shared the story with me. This information was released to the press - to date - I have never seen it published anywhere. But don't forget Saddam Hussein wanted the US to think he had Chem weapons - that is why they sent information to their commanders to use it against the US attack. So that we would intercept those communiques and think they had them. This is why they made up fake chem factories and mobile BIO labs like GEN Powell briefed. It was part of a huge deception plan that we bought . we were suckered in and Saddam paid the price for his deception. SO lets review - he both had Chem agents - and pretended like he had more, AND that is not why we went to war with him - just one of many reasons.

Next?
Serano
Officer

Postby Naiin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:51 am

Serano wrote:
Ceruis wrote:
Naiin wrote:

We went to war with Iraq with the intelligence estimate that Iraq still had Stockpiles of Chemical agents. THis was not the only reason - but was one of the good ones. 101st discovered 25 X 25 GAL Barrels of Sarrin and 82d discovered 12 X 25 GAL Barrels of Sarrin (GB Nerve Agent) south of Baghdad at a Artillary Factory. I have 2 eyewitnesses from each Division who shared the story with me. This information was released to the press - to date - I have never seen it published anywhere. But don't forget Saddam Hussein wanted the US to think he had Chem weapons - that is why they sent information to their commanders to use it against the US attack. So that we would intercept those communiques and think they had them. This is why they made up fake chem factories and mobile BIO labs like GEN Powell briefed. It was part of a huge deception plan that we bought . we were suckered in and Saddam paid the price for his deception. SO lets review - he both had Chem agents - and pretended like he had more, AND that is not why we went to war with him - just one of many reasons.

Next?

lol you are a silly man.... :shit
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Bilnick » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:41 am

Bush did deliver on tax cuts. Did the tax cuts help the lowest income earning Americans? Of course not, since people with lower income levels have a 0% tax rate or get money back from the government. You cannot cut 0%. As a taxpayer, I have noticed a nice increase in the per child tax deduction.

Many of the candidates for presient today talk about "repealing the tax cuts" aka raising my taxes. F that.

Public universities are very heavily funded as it is. Compare a state university's tuition with a private college. There are tons of options for getting an education. The government will be happy to pay for your college, med school, whatever, in return you enroll in the armed forces for a certain amount of time. Take out a loan. People will borrow money for a house or car, do it for school. Work full time and take a class or two per semester. Will take you longer, but it can be done. There is no rule that says you need to go to school full time and finish in 4 or so years. Go to a community college. Yeah, you will probably miss alot of parties....but you are going to school for an education, not to get plastered....right? All that said, going to college is the easiest and best time of your life. Almost zero responsibility, all you have to really worry about is yourself.

Increasing CO2 emissions in order to bring the earth out of the little ice age of ~1400-1850 can be considered man's greatest achievement. Now I can enjoy temperatures people in 1200AD had. :)
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Worff » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:32 am

Normally I'd get into this conversation pretty heavy... been sick the past couple days tho and extremely tired... maybe later hehe.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:42 am

#1 bad choice Bush made. Breathing.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby ThinkInk » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:07 pm

This is another worthless law in our books but it makes good publicity.

100 mpg engines and devices have been available for at least 50 years that I am aware. Unfortunately all the patents have been bought-up by the oil companies as soon as they became available and they won't be letting go of the anytime soon. Have you taken a look at all the oil company's profits for the past few years?

But what is so great about 35mpg?

Our 2000 Vette gets 30mpg ( when we not flogging it, which is not often ) and the 1997 Maxima gets 27 at all times.

35 suckes, should have made the requirement at least 50.
ThinkInk

Postby Serano » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:20 pm

yah - my Mustang at BEST BEST Conditions only gets 23. Its normal is Approx 21. With a rare couple times with 20 MPG.
Serano
Officer

Postby Bilnick » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Cars will not have that hard of a time getting to 35mpg average. My 1999 Z28 averages 22mpg overall with my heavy right foot.

One time I drove back from Dayton Ohio to my home near Ann Arbor and averaged nearly 35mpg on the expressway. That was cruising at or slightly over the limit (Ohio state police are notoriously assholish to any out of stater). In 6th gear at 70mpg my 300+hp motor is only churning 1700 rpm. Almost all new V8s have cylinder deactivation now that would add even more mpg.

The hard part about the 35 mpg ave will be trucks. Trucks need to be heavy to haul heavy loads. They need to be big. They need to be powerful. Your average car is designed to haul 750 or so lbs, that weight doesn't even make a truck flinch.
Bilnick
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Real Life and Opinion