Froglok Herbalist and the new expansion.

Discussion, Trades, and whatever floats

Moderator: Officers

Froglok Herbalist and the new expansion.

Postby Serano » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:07 pm

So - I wanted one but didn't want to buy 3 booster packs for a set that is about to be obsolete in a week.

There were about 50 peeps offering 1 froglok herbalist for one booster (some for more)

So I set up a trade with MY booster pack for their herbalist and the remaining rares I didn't have and 2 -3 Uncommons I wanted anotehr card for - and blamo - got the trade.

Meanwhile - the same day I got a booster pack for a trade of about 3 foils and 2 cards I threw in to make it look better. I picked up 2 of the foils and 1 of the cards from a trade I had taken (1 of my boosters for about 8 cards) because I really just wanted one card in that trade but knew I would be able to swing the foils back out.

So while I don't have 4 X of every card in Oathbound - I have at least 1 of every card minus a couple Promos (one of the new cards from last weekend - and Hatred - which I think I have an unclaimed coppy of lying around).

This is all from a game I barely thought I would want to play. now I think I have played about 140 Timed games. More than I thought I would ever play.

Funny thing is - I have only opened about 8 boosters since Beta. And I wish I hadn't opened them! hah - Since beta and in those 8 boosters not a single loot type or foil at all. Be great with the new expansion - I should be able to buy 1 Booster pack from it - and then trade my old oathbound boosters for 50 X commons from the new deck! woot!
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby EQIsenhart » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Look at you Serano, the Serano 6 months ago would be ashamed!

Not only are you enjoying playing the game, but you are now bit by what card gamers have been suffering since MTG.

Collectors Paradise !

It's fun ain't it?
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:37 pm

I don't know what that is.

but yes - When I saw this game unvealed at Fan Faire - I was like Worff. This is the dumbest thing...

But as I had never played TCGs ever - and I used to enjoy being bad at strategy games - I can continue the practice.

But at a certain point I will be running out of things to trade.

I am looking to either play in this Saturdays Tourney which costs $10 which provides 3 boosters (oathbound) 1 New Firona Vie Card (avatar healing) and a visage of Queen Pirounas Loot card - OR buy the tourney pack in 2 weeks when it comes out - not sure. I am pretty sure I will NOT place in the top 6 of 128 that would make me eligible for more than 3 boosters. Dunno atm.

But then I will prolly buy at least ONE booster for the new game on each account. But plan on using those 2 boosters and the 3 I have in stock and the 3 from the tourney pack in trading for commons and uncommons on the new set.

10 new scenarios.
Serano
Officer

Postby EQIsenhart » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:46 pm

u get free queen of pryolinis for playing in this weekends tourney? Hmmm I will probably play also.
EQIsenhart

Postby EQIsenhart » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Herbalist is kind of cool - I would see some good potential in a blue or yellow deck.

His cost is a bit high @ 4, if they'd drop it down to 3 I'd consider using em.
EQIsenhart

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:18 pm

You're welcome!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:02 pm

yes! thank you Goofy, Jumjam, Skiba, Phane, Whylow and Jaella! ( and Isen. he did give me some early commons I was missing $$)
Last edited by Serano on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:47 am

Hey Serano - I think I need to take a gander at your cards and see what I can gank from you :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Serano » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:36 am

I might have some commons you don't if you are not 4 on all commons. but - there are only a couple of Uncommons I have more than 4 of if any - and VERY few rares are at 4. but sure.
Serano
Officer

Postby Ranjaling » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:35 am

So how is that Frog obtained? is he now included in boosters?

Some guy was using him against me the other night and that card is quite good
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Serano » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:36 pm

You - MAY have missed the boat - check real quick and they MAY still eb avail.

They were set to go for 7 days starting 3 PM PST Last monday. Buy 3 Boosters of Oathbound and get a Froglock.

HOWEVER I got mine by trading ONE booster for the froglok PLUS the last 5 rare cards I didn't have a single copy of. There are still a lot of frogs for trade - but might be better off to post a trade for one of them for a booster plus any other cards you think is fair - instead of taking the posted trades trying to score a booster for the one card.

THe other day I posted a trade giving away a Priest starter deck for one card and got the card !! WOOT. that card was better than all the junk in the starter deck. hah hah.
Serano
Officer

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:55 pm

YOu can still buy one.

if you buy 3 X Oathbound booster packs you will get one of these cards which will NOT be available in Foresworn packs.

The Froglok Herbalist can be yours for a limited time from the Legends of Norrath store between Monday, December 3rd at 3:00 PM PST and Monday, December 17th at 3:00 PM PST. Every three (3) Oathbound Booster Packs purchased will add one (1) copy of the Froglok Herbalist (2P1) digital promotional card to your Legends of Norrath online collection.

http://forums.station.sony.com/strategy ... ic_id=6114

Postby Ranjaling » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:16 pm

sweet, thanks for the update.. off to buy 3 packs :guitar
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Ranjaling

Postby Serano » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:02 pm

So the first weekend of foresworn they are having $20 Tournements. JOHNNEY CASH!!!... jeez.
Serano
Officer

Postby Ranjaling » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:09 pm

Thats to much entry fee IMO, $10 was pushing it
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Ranjaling