Link from EQClerics - Showin the Exhaulted Augs from SoF

Moderator: Officers

Link from EQClerics - Showin the Exhaulted Augs from SoF

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:13 am

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22024

*Note Slot 11 Augments

I guess they want everyone to go with the fucking GM armor - GM created Augs, Bazu/Lastblood and have 700+ hp/mana gear....

Personally I am not impressed...

Why not just have raid gear thats 750+hp/mana?

Why require 1 slot to have 4-5 pieces in it to make it 750+ stats?

I guess to just keep people playing more right.....Oh well
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Bilnick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:00 am

Personally I am not impressed...

I totally agree.

SoF gave tradeskilled items waaaaay too much power.

These tradeskilled armor sets are way too good considering the drops are from trash mobs.

If you have the plat, all you need to do is camp the bazaar to get these items.

I am not sure what the devs are trying to accomplish with this new gear. Group armor was pretty good in TBS and close to what most raiders were wearing.

Seems EQ wants to go into easy mode. Oh well.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Horcrux » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 pm

In a sense we had this same problem when DoN first came out. GM armor then (including the GM symbol and an aug in the other 2 slots) far surpassed what was the norm for group armor in OOW (tier 1), and the Crystal bought gear from DoN vendors. So in a sense, crafted became the best groupable gear around. However, it did not compete with raid gear until you obtained a raid aug (Bazu, Last Blood, etc). This is no different than SoF. Lets compare a high end crafted + crafted symbol + 2 groupable augs (no last blood, bazu, etc) with the tier 2 drops coming from bloodmoon.

Elegant Duskwoven Robes (with Sublime Aug, 120hp AG aug, and DoN slot 12)
AC 71
Str 23 Dex 19 Sta 22 Cha 20 Wis 22 Int 22 Agi 19
Hp 570 Mana 450 End 450
SvFire 31 SvDis 15 SvCold 31 SvMagic 15 SvPoison 15

Glossy Silk Robe (with 120hp AG aug)
AC 62
Str 11 Dex 16 Sta 19 Cha 11 Wis 8 Int 16 Agi 16
Hp 440 Mana 340 End 0
SvFire 9 SvDis 17 SvCold 23 SvMagic 11 SvPoison 25
And a bunch of Mod 2's

So, currently the high end groupable crafted armor is probably about tier 3 quality groupable gear in SoF (tier 3 class specific armor hasnt really been found as far as I know). Tier 4 SoF groupable gear is currently higher than even high end crafted + high end groupable augments. The high end crafted does not start competing with SoF raid gear until you add raid augments (Bazu, Last Blood) into them. There is no foci or mod 2s until you get the raid augs. Thus, its only raid gear competing with raid gear, which is what makes sense.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Bilnick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:05 pm

Actually the Level 70 DoN tradeskilled armor was a decent replacement for lower end raid items at the time. TF has been a lower end-mid tiered raiding guild for most of my time here.

When DoN stuff became Available TF was in the Plane of Time, as were other lower/mid raid guilds. My Plane of Time BP (if I had won one) was 87AC 210 hp. The DoN BP (which I am wearing now) was 99AC 185hp. The time BP had a nice focus and some shielding, so overall the Time BP was better, but not by a ton. The best type 12 aug available to me was a 45 hp/mana/end aug. DoD wasn't even released yet.

Fast forward to now. The L80 SoF tradeskill BP is 130AC 410hp with no type 7 or 12 aug, compared to the Demi BP 143AC 375hp which is where most low/mid tiered raid guilds are now. That is fairly close and not out of whack. But since you can add a Last Blood or Bazu aug to the SoF crafted BP it throws everything way out of whack. Why would I bother with a Demi BP now? A SoF crafted + LB would be 175AC 620hp w/o a type 7 aug.

What they should have done is make a new aug instead of using a type 12 aug for the SoF crafted.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Wreaking » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Why not just have raid gear thats 750+hp/mana?

Thats about Tier 3 SoF raid items. Tier 4 will be 900-1Kish.

For the bazu aug person here is the best you can do for a plate bp with Sublime augs and Elegant armor. AC 160 HP 590. Last blood that would be 175 AC 610 HP.

Not counting whatever you stick in slot 7. For Tanks maybe the 30ac 60 hp aug, for others maybe the 100/100 aug. Tier 4 group is about that stat. Casuals can't get the bazu/last blood though and will be closer to 130 AC and 410 HP which is about Tier 2 armor.

They have mudflated all of the items (group and raid) and made the group game harder. Cept weapons have anguish ratios.

Tradeskillers, smiths/tailors/jewelers are making a killing this expansion as well as the bazaar farmers/traders dealing in the Tier 1 attuneable gear.
Wreaking Havokk - 75 Berserker in Boxer Briefs

"My muscles make me a thousand promises of pain to come."
Wreaking

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm

yah - did an analysis on this for Chain

http://tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12480

when I upgrade BP to Elegant and Sublime it will looks SOMETHING like

Elegant Wirewood Cuirass (Augmented)
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE ATTUNEABLE
Slot: CHEST
AC: 140
Effect: Improved Dodge III (Worn)
STR: +26 DEX: +25 STA: +27 CHA: +26 Wis: +23 INT: +26 AGI: +27 HP: +655 MANA: +590 Endurance: +590 SV FIRE: +37 SV DISEASE: +38 SV COLD: +36 SV MAGIC: +35 SV POISON: +37
Combat Effects: +5
Attack: +50
Regeneration: +6
Mana Regeneration: +4
Damage Shield: 3
Shielding: +7% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +5 Accuracy: +11 Stun Resist: +4% Strikethrough: +2%
DoT Shielding: +4%
Recommended level of 79
Required level of 75
WT: 3.5 Size: LARGE
Class: RNG ROG
Race: ELF
slot 1, type 7: Hivegrime Stone of Vitality
slot 2, type 11: Sublime Chest Symbol of Growth
slot 3, type 12: Bazu Seal of Dodge

I have already upgraded my Wrist symbol to Sublime

and it is just sick! like 600 HP an everything else similar to above - still in Elaborate - but had a Last Blood in it already. It should be obvious why I picked my Wrist as the first upgrade to Sublime. most likely piece of gear to keep the longest.

Hmm funny thing about the above - I have already replaced the Slot 7 with something else right now...

but I can't reallyu upgrade Magelo yet.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Totally blows imo

They basically gave us VERY little incentive to raid anything under TSS, when we can just farm group shit and get fat better armor pieces.

How lame is all I can think of......
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby EQIsenhart » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:33 pm

jewelry slots? weapons?

the cultural armor is only at max 8 slots and VERY few people are going to have full cultural + sublime augs - unless you are very very rich or are 300 yourself and even then not easy.

Our dps isnt getting any better with cultural armor still need TSS weapons and stuff to progress further - still need POR jewelry etc
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:48 pm

yea your right - guess I am just pissed that the Roley BP I want is basically junk now - and I have been wanting that BP for like years.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Brikksx » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Why don't you cry about it "Saddlebags"
A Brother From A Different Mother

"If i am not back in five minutes, Just wait longer"
Brikksx
Officer

Highscores: 4

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:27 pm

Bilnick, did I see you say you thought tradeskills were given to much power?

Does anybody even understand how hard it is to max every tradeskill?? And in reality, there was pretty much no reward for doing it?

Does anybody remember how hard it was before the memorized recipes and having to put each item in the container for every combine?

Granted, now maxing stuff is 1000 times easier with this addition to the interface, but it is still no easy task to max your skills to make them useful. And if you can max them, then you should be able to do something powerful with them.

Now, things may be going overboard with the ability to make 700 gear with augs, I guess. But there has never been anything useful for a person to make with max tradeskills except for some subpar gear and subpar augs. Except for my Haversacks, of course. Now, a tradeskiller actually has value and is getting something for their years of ignorant combines.

At least that is how I see it. I have never profited on anything but my bags. I do combines for gear and augs all the time for free just because I can help somebody out. And I work on improving the things I can help with for no compensation and usually getting little help, if any, doing it. But, thats just me. I made my millions on bags, but if I was poor, maybe I would charge something for my services.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Ibnuz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 pm

For a guild that raids as casually as ours this is about the best thing that could happen to us.

It allows all of us to get some upgrades without waiting for months to accrue enough dkp to outbid someone else who needs that raid drop just as bad as we do. These changes will allow TF to gear up and progress at a much faster rate and it will also require less of us to be completely dependent on raids to upgrade *any* of our slots. Now people have at least 8 slots they could upgrade from bazaar gear, farming, and maybe even a pickup group or two on Shyra to get a Bazu aug.

There are always two ways to look at things. Here are three easy "pros" in my book.

1. In this case this makes all the Demi visible armor slots drop in price (with less people bidding you will spend less dkp buying them).

2. You feel less dependent on everyone else for your upgrades. Here you can farm and do something on your own time which can be much more rewarding to some when they have put in the time and effort to construct upgrades for themselves.

3. It should allow TF to make leaps and bounds progression wise. With people gearing up faster (in AND outside of raids, instead of just in raids) we should be able to tackle more difficult encounters and chew through content to catch up to TBS or at least TSS.

I think there are some very positive spins on these changes. :)
Ibnuz

Postby Ibnuz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Brikksx wrote:Why don't you cry about it "Saddlebags"

Great quote! Loved Ace Ventura!
Ibnuz

Postby Meso » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Consider rings and earrings. Some of the most competitive DKP bidding items.
High prices and takes time to get it.
Dwerium, for me anyhow is better than what I had and fills in until I can replace it with something better.

The high lev cultural is not going to flood in anytime soon. the key items may drop off trash, but they are quite rare.

This expansion is certainly a thumb up the ass of those that think raiding is all there is to EQ.

It gave the game back to groups and soloists. For that I applaud them.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Bilnick » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:Bilnick, did I see you say you thought tradeskills were given to much power?
Does anybody even understand how hard it is to max every tradeskill?? And in reality, there was pretty much no reward for doing it?

Does anybody remember how hard it was before the memorized recipes and having to put each item in the container for every combine?

Tradeskilling is tough, but does not require anywhere near the effort raiding does in my opinion. I haven't spent alot of time tradeskilling (almost none in fact) but the efforts of one person cannot compare to the efforts of 54.

If the armor created was no drop that would be fine. You put in the effort to get 300, make a set of armor for yourself. But for me who has put about 10 hours in 7 years into tradeskills, all I need is a load of plat (and the price will drop over time) to get the exact same stuff. I could farm the drops or pay Isenhart to make a BP + Symbol for me, and for essentially 0 effort on my part have a 700hp, 175 AC BP that I will not replace for at least a year.

IF the new tradeskill BP was around 150ish AC and 450ish hp fully auged that would be fine. But when endgame raiders are digging out thier old Lastblood augs and putting them into a new tradeskilled item and getting Solteris level armor..... that is overpowered. Less than 10 guilds in the entire game can beat Solteris, but if I have enough plat I can have armor comparable to any of them. Stupid........
Bilnick
Officer

Next

Return to Trade Skill Discussion