Split from Jum's TS drop post

Moderator: Officers

Postby Horcrux » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:44 pm

I just havent seen antok or his zerker on much at all since SoF heh. Kind of surprised he's allready Crystalos keyed. As a side note, I stumbled into the quest that keys you for it, I think, and found out the hard way it cant be soloed. And I also found out the hard way that they have coded some mobs to summon before they even get damaged, ouch.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Antok » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Horcrux wrote:I just havent seen antok or his zerker on much at all since SoF heh. Kind of surprised he's allready Crystalos keyed. As a side note, I stumbled into the quest that keys you for it, I think, and found out the hard way it cant be soloed. And I also found out the hard way that they have coded some mobs to summon before they even get damaged, ouch.

I'm only keyed on the test server currently, and I didn't actually do the key quest, although I do have a walkthrough for it. I'll put it up later.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Horcrux » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:17 pm

That'd be great Antok. Crystalos and the Mansion are the only zones I haven't attempted to kite in yet, only because I cant get in them lol. Well, and Crypt of Shade, has that zone even been found yet?

Horcrux

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm interested in any quest walkthrus. Can post em here, email em to me or PM em to me here. The more I know, the more I won't be bored with this game. Since most of my gear is 300+ already, without augs, the gear really doesn't interest me.

My question is this, regarding gear, do you need to get the tier one shit as a base and work your way thru 3 more tiers and upgrade the original item or is each tier its own thing?

Meaning, can I skip tier 1 & 2 if its not a upgrade and go straight to tier 3 or do I need to get tier 1 and 2 to get tier 3 stats?

Also, I guess the new shit has room for slot 11 or 12 or something augs that can be made from jewelcrafting which give 250 hp/mana type stuff? Is this right? Somebody clear this stuff up for me.

I only get to play 1.5-2 days per week so I don't get alot of chance to find this stuff out first hand. Any helpful information that helps me will always offer the option to help you too.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:30 pm

A few months after I started Serano I heard about the Test Server. I started Serano after playing around with EQ for about 6 months and learning what it is an all. Then I figured out I wanted a Male avatar Ranger as my Full Time Main - and the next Month (Jan 02) I joined TF. in Feb 02 was when I heard about Test. I ALMOST Switched then - but was starting to have fun with TF. shrug. If I had went Test I never would have returned to live servers. I can not play more than one server.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Antok » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:39 pm

From beta, you need T1 armor to get T4 armor. It's supposed to be the base armor piece + crystallos bit turned in = your class specific stuff. I haven't asked anyone about that lately, and am not 100% sure that it went ingame that way.

I don't really play two servers at once, my test toons are just for poking my head in places I can't normally go without adulterating my live toons to do so.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Wreaking » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:45 pm

By default level 80 makes Zi-thule much easier. Groupers won't have that kind of hp/ac though Bil and 8 slots of that gear won't give you that much boost over where you would be. DP is now 4 expansions old. The group game should not be that far behind raid gear. 90% of casuals won't see tier 4 drops in the next 6 months. 70% won't own more than 3 or 4 pieces by the next expansion.

The group game is much harder on tier 3 and 4 mobs, have you tried tanking them? A named? No cake walk. Tier 4 named will be hitting you for 6-8K. You will need that gear. Maybe not in demi, but it should make us farm status Demi and DK faster and get to TSS.

Honestly raid gear stagnated from Demi until TSS, especially weapons, more specifically 2handers. Will be nice a year from now to be farming TSS, doing Anguish or demi to equipt new recruits and trying TBS raids. Will be nice to be 2 expansions behind instead of 4.
Wreaking Havokk - 75 Berserker in Boxer Briefs

"My muscles make me a thousand promises of pain to come."
Wreaking

Postby morbi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:55 pm

When I asked, "what are our raid plans now?", it was hypothetical. I know wepons ratio will not be high and there will still be some nice augs. The gear will still be nice, just that bazaar might hold some better "drops" especially for casters, Also we do this for the fun of the game, not to just to gear up.

I do think it crazy that I could gear up my SK or cleric boxes with equivalent gear through the bazaar (if not now in a couple of months) to a long time Tenet member or maybe someone in TF that has been in guild for a number of months.

The fact that a Demi geared tank jumped above, at least in hp, the tops tanks on a server by buying new top end cultural gear is just crazy.

And the idea that orum gear...and many spells outdated so quickly is bizzare. I really don't know what sony was thinking.

But i guess oh well...EQ still lives on!?!?
morbi

Postby Meso » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:06 pm

holy derails Batman :jester
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Antok » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:13 pm

The fact that a Demi geared tank jumped above, at least in hp, the tops tanks on a server by buying new top end cultural gear is just crazy.

astoundingly, AC too.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Wreaking » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:17 pm

The raiders (endgame) will outpace that guy soon enough. There are new "bazu type" stones for TSS, TBS, SoF raids, maybe even DK? And their tier 4 is much more ac and 900+ hp. 2handers over 1K hp lol.
Wreaking Havokk - 75 Berserker in Boxer Briefs

"My muscles make me a thousand promises of pain to come."
Wreaking

Postby morbi » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:21 pm

yes its been derailed. Looks like the topic has touched a nerve though. Maybe we could splice thread for Jum and put much of this in member or general section.

Lol more ac and hp...crazy. How does this effect our discusion on anguish?

Also if ts items drop in raid and we get one of our guild members to fashion them into augs and armor, are we gonna open up the guild auction forum (atleast i think it was its own forum) again?
morbi

Postby Horcrux » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:26 pm

This guy on Druzzil Ro is an anomoly IMO. How many in our guild could afford a single piece of this new gear, let alone a whole set?

Also, there are certain clickies, effects, foci, etc, that are invaluable in raid content items that arent obtainable any other way. Necro Anguish Robe clicky for one, if someone offered me a choice between Ang Robe and any new cultural Armor/Aug combo I wanted, I'd take Ang Robe hands down.

Horcrux

Postby Antok » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:58 pm

Horcrux wrote:This guy on Druzzil Ro is an anomoly IMO. How many in our guild could afford a single piece of this new gear, let alone a whole set?

probably 9-10 of us at least.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby EQIsenhart » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:28 pm

why afford it when you can just make it?
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

PreviousNext

Return to The Bazaar