Postby Worff » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:26 pm

<^> you Sony! I'll never play your stupid rip-me-off card game! hehe
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Serano » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:06 pm

I am missing the hate ?

Worff - when I saw it at Fan Faire I was the same way. Then I got to play for free and /gasp --- Liked it.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Bilnick » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:42 am

I thought LoN was free (or included with the EQ subscription)to play? Doesn't every EQ subscriber get a deck to start with? I have seen the LoN stuff drop in exp groups.

I do not understand complaining about LoN at all. Play if you want, otherwise ignore it like I have so far.

One of these days I would like to play LoN.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Worff » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:03 am

Serano wrote:I am missing the hate ?

Worff - when I saw it at Fan Faire I was the same way. Then I got to play for free and /gasp --- Liked it.

Lol I'll probably do the same one day when super bored. I don't see buying booster packs tho I'll just loot some in-game :) I may get one pack at some point to trade loot card or something /shrug
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Serano » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:35 pm

YES -- LoN is 100% free for anyone that had an existing account when LoN was launched.

It costs a minimum of $3 to trade with other people. that $3 gives you a booster pack

for the next 2 days there is a special limited edition pack for $10 (that also enables trading) that gives you 3 X booster packs 1 X Legend card (A limited edition Lucan) and 1 guranteed in game item (a 5 K .5 second cast bauble in EQ - usable once eveery 20 hours). I would recomend anyone that thinks they might ever play LoN to get one of them which gives you the in game item gurantee which is worth it IMO.

Meanwhile - since every current account starts with either a mage or a fighter starter deck - if you take say a couple of the in game cards Switch, Hatred, fishing lure earing you might be able to trade them.

Meanwhile you have peeps like me, Zyzz, Jumjam, Tean with hundres or in some cases thousands of cards - and essentially any card greater than 4 is uneeded - that would be happy to fillin your deck if you wanted some base line cards - you should be able to make almost all 4 of the archetype (Mage, Fighter, priest, Scout ) decks for learning purposes against the scenarios.

Like I said - saw this at fan Faire and thought it was the stupidist thing ever. However While I don't play a LOT and do not have the hours to do any of the tournements (or ANY desire to pay regularly for enterance fees for tourneys that I will lose) playing a scenario with a differant kind of deck than is optimal or losing a couple games to Zyzz - it turned out to not be bad. Granted - I don't have the financial desire to be a big TCG guy - nor the hours or strategy to be a big winner - it is something nice to try like learning Chess, Risk, stratego as a kid. Like trying out the new HOMM, CIV, DOOM style game when I don't feel like logging on to EQ - Altho I admit - I havn't bought a new game sides EQ in over a year and that was a 3 year old game that I havn't played much anyways - time time time.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:44 pm

My hate comes from them taking players away from EQ. Sometimes it is hard enough to get people to help out now you take them and get them paying money to play a card game when they should be helping me get shit done!

Plus, I want more potions!! Exp potions, mana potions, invun potions!!

So, in conclusion, I want loot cards to get potions, but I want them without having to have a card game that lowers the player base of the game!

And, I want it for free!! No wait!!! I want to be paid for it instead!!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Jimbop » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:52 pm

I like playing a couple games every now and then of LoN. I've bought a good handful of packls now, and don't really expect to buy many more at all. I have all the good loot cards I wanted, and I have a good selection of cards now with which to make decks out of. I haven't tried any of the tournaments either, and don't really care to. I just like playing a few recreational games here and there, and that's going to be my extent with the game.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Return to Legends of Norrath