What do you think?

Moderator: Officers

Whats the worst part of raiding?

Wipeing / Loseing
7%
Waiting...and Waiting....and Waiting more....
35%
Lack of Instructions on the Event
No votes
Starting Late and Ending Late
4%
The Pressure to not F^*k up somthing
4%
Lack of Different / New Targets
2%
Not getting any loots for my Toons :(
No votes
My Real-Life gets in the way....
15%
Feeling bad when I miss a raid(s)
7%
I like Raiding and dont have any real issue with it
17%
Other
9%

Total votes : 46

What do you think?

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:56 am

Please feel free to post comments or help explain your feelings.

Also - this is not ment to be a bish fest..lol...just to help the officers and memebrs to better understand everyones feelings and thoughts.

Thanks!
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Jaella » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:21 am

I voted "other". Worst part of raiding for me is not enough people showing up for the target/zone I had in mind.
Jaella
Tired

Postby Ayragon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:02 pm

I voted for waiting...only because "Waiting...and Waiting....and Waiting more." seemed like a long time. :clubbed:

seriously though....raiding is the best part of the game and no matter the outcome is always fun with TF
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Meso » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:18 pm

waiting is only really an issue when not kept informed.
why are we waiting?
discussing strat . .
raid leader fell asleep . .
waiting on joe cantdowithouthim . .
killing time for that last dkp point . .
event timer / task ongoing . . . (where do we stand with the sisters) . .
phone call . . . raid leader's mom calling . .
Juicy vent conversation going on . . forgot about the non-vent raiders
waiting on AFK'rs . .
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Wamadoorn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:31 pm

I voted for "Feeling bad when I miss a raid(s)" ... kind of the flip side of what Jaella said. I hate not being able to make it to a raid (or being late) due to RL and not being there to help, especially when we end up short that night.
<this is where a cool sig image would go>

Wama's Lame Crap
Wamadoorn

Highscores: 6

hehe

Postby bill » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:47 pm

I voted other.

The worst part is that I'm playing the wrong game!

Don't worry, I'm not raiding there either!

The worst part about raiding for me is that the raid loot isn't handled within the game itself. I friggin hate dealing with it, why should the paying subscribers have to do that crap?

That's my 2 cents anyhow!
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:02 pm

Looting should just be whoever clicks the corpse first.

I beleive in Soviet EQ - the loot bids on you!
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Worff » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:14 pm

I like Raiding and dont have any real issue with it

This is my vote... occasionally something will get on my nerves, but it's usually small stuff and not worthy of dwelling on.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:10 am

I personally enjoyed the option of "pressure to not f@%* somthing up", which itself contained a f@%*ed up spelling :). I voted for the waiting though.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Antok » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 am

wiping on the same target multiple times when we just don't have the numbers to win.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Lyannah » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:59 am

Antok wrote:wiping on the same target multiple times when we just don't have the numbers to win.

wiping on the same target multiple times when we DO have the numbers to win

But I voted missing raids making me sad :sad:

And I miss 2/3s at least

/shakes fist at EST
Lyannah

Postby Naiin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:06 pm

Waiting, waiting... waiting..... waiting..... omfgzorz WTF are we waiting on... usually ONE toon to make it to a hit (WTF!!!!) or some majorly drawn out strat discussion (that should have really been put on Forum in the detail its given in the raid)

Rarely does the ONE toon make the diff.... cant seem to think of a time when we waited for X toon and they saved the day....

Anyone read the long drawn out typed in /rsay strats ?..... they are too busy wondering how many more times we are gonna wait for 45 mins to begin an event :razz (make Hotbuttons for detailed strats on events we do if one feels they simply must have the complete strat in /rsay.... pssstttt one can make them in notepad and then cut and paste them into charname_servername.ini .... 256 char per line limit BTW.... just like all EQ chats)

Im a big fan of spend time preparing BEFORE not DURING.... how many times do you see race car crews rebuilding the winning cars engine DURING the race.... the 5th of Never... ever see Generals saying we will take that hill!!! Get me a radio so I can tell everyone what their jobs are.... doubt one sees that much if ever.... last I knew there was LOTS of planning involved.

Remember the strats we used to go over for Ikky 4 or Inkutiktuthingy.... maps posted w/ some detail drawn on them (arrows... Named placements.... "safe" places... etc) and a fairly detailed description of what was supposed to go down... roughly LOL....

All that being said... I do think that TF RLs are doing a good job on the whole.
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Worff » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Naiin wrote:how many times do you see race car crews rebuilding the winning cars engine DURING the race.... the 5th of Never... ever see Generals saying we will take that hill!!! Get me a radio so I can tell everyone what their jobs are.... doubt one sees that much if ever.... last I knew there was LOTS of planning involved.

Pay me 50k USD per year with bennies and I'll plan raid instructions every day in advance :P
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Naiin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Worff wrote:
Naiin wrote:how many times do you see race car crews rebuilding the winning cars engine DURING the race.... the 5th of Never... ever see Generals saying we will take that hill!!! Get me a radio so I can tell everyone what their jobs are.... doubt one sees that much if ever.... last I knew there was LOTS of planning involved.

Pay me 50k USD per year with bennies and I'll plan raid instructions every day in advance :P

LOL... takes 15 mins..... not really worth 50k a year is it? Maps are online and copy/pastable... MS paint is $$ if you want to make some crude marking on map.... how long does it take to say whats said in /rsay but slightly more vague (ie instead of saying Jumjam or Jarsace or other tank... MT and RT and bait work great for some RLs...) Oh oh oh... guess what... you can say go to the Jelvin hit info in raiding to see whats what.. Jum is MT Brik is RT.. Naiin is bait.... wtf 50k LOL... I love it when ppl act like being a RL is soooooooo hard.. its not IF you prepare and are not afraid to delegate.....dont get me wrong.. ANYONE taking ANY of their time to RL is a position that should be respected (they dont have to if they dont want to and I appreciate that)... but I do believe I was asked my opinion.... their mistake I guess LOL :help
Last edited by Naiin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Worff » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Naiin wrote:LOL... takes 15 mins..... not really worth 50k a year is it?

Ok you have 15 mins .. make a strat for Red Fang and put in hotkeys... GO /starts stopwatch {click}
Worff
Webmaster

Next

Return to Polling Station