A Professor's View

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Furlistab » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:06 pm

You guys should just all move to Canada where things arent so fucked up. :monkey
But I still love technology
Furlistab

Postby Serano » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:10 pm

I dunno - I was driving down the street today in October - there was a cool wind blowing but the Sun was out - and I really din't want to be in Canada. BTW - USA isn't BAD - its not the BEST - but it is still great. There are problems in the US - but things are so good in the US we look very close at the minor problems that we do have as if they were terrible problems. Our problems in the US are no where near as bad as some of the probs out there in the oppresed nations on earth.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Stonecrush » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:20 pm

To add to what Serano said, we look at our problems so bad and make it so well known (in attempts at being the center of attention I am sure) Other nations critize us, even though they too are just as bad in similiar sitautions.

I don't like Canada! that is all... :)
Stonecrush

Heh

Postby bill » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Myles Standish. His deal was this:

No work, no food. You want to live in Plymouth? Great, get to work.

Food was not a right then anymore than it is now.

Is this man a monster? I don't think so.

As for healthcare, we are the only Western civilization without standardized health care. The flip side is, why is it do you think that people come from all over the world to places like Boston for health care?

People want everything both ways, you can't have it.

Go to Canada where you get the cheapest health care money can buy. I dare you. In America, you get what you pay for. Literally.

Do I think the industry is being a little unfair, definitely.

Oh, the automotive industry...yeah they're doing great. What were those fine fellows striking about again? Yeah, America's motor industry is out of money for that high priced health care that was deemed a "right".

Yeah right, nice hole to dig out of.

I like it here, but like anywhere things could be better. I'm not even gonna go into gun laws in places like Canada versus here. I'm not a fan of automatic weapons but .... the 2nd ammendment IS a right.
Last edited by bill on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Postby Wreaking » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 pm

I don't feel sorry for the people that can but choose not to work. I feel sorry for the average Joe that works 40-50 hours a week and his work can't afford to offer health care benefits.

There is no easy solution. Agree with Serano about you get what you pay for and the Canada remarks. I have heard people on wait lists longer than they are expected to live up there for surgeries/operations. Free is all good if you get it at all.

I say offer tax incentives to the small businesses to be able to offer cheaper health care. Aimed at the the mom and pop shops and start up companies. Give America a reason to be the land of opportunity again.

But how do you pay for this? The middle class is already shouldering a huge burden, welfare, social security, etc.

People forget everything costs money and someone foots the bill, raise the minimum wage and things trickle up/down until that raise buys you the same amount of food because goods prices increase to compensate for wages paid.

Hillary copies a magazine idea to give every child a 5000 savings bond, sounds great in theory, well she doesn't say how we will pay for it.

I want to move to Theory, everything works there!
Wreaking Havokk - 75 Berserker in Boxer Briefs

"My muscles make me a thousand promises of pain to come."
Wreaking

Postby Serano » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 pm

While I didn't say get what you pay for this time- it is definatly my running creedo.
I give credit to Drannor a Mass guy for ssaying it this time. oddly enough.

at birth if you were givin 5k.

hmmm

5k at 6% interest with no other contributions would equal 181,357 at the time they turned 60. And by the time a child born this year turns 60, 181,357 should be enough to buy a car.
Last edited by Serano on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

hah

Postby bill » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:34 pm

I just think you may have rubbed off on me a little.
bill

Health

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:46 pm

I am renouncing my citizenship and becoming Mexican so I can get some decent health care here in the USA.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Stonecrush » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:06 pm

I DON'T TRUST MY GOVERNMENT! to run my health care.... haha sorry but the caps are what I mean by saying :help

I don't trust those bastards. Their health care system and gov retirement plan is SICK. I think they should cut back on it, since they make so much money from kickbacks etc...

Oh well.... Tired, GF wearing Pink wig and I am gonna go have fun!
Stonecrush

GAH

Postby Mechell » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:16 pm

ceruis your an ass :-p I can NOT believe you posted this.. i swear i'm going to shoot you myself when you get back!
Mechell

Re: GAH

Postby Ceruis » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:10 am

Mechell wrote:ceruis your an ass :-p I can NOT believe you posted this.. i swear i'm going to shoot you myself when you get back!

Promises, Promises. :banana

Your professor is still an ass. Luv ya.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Previous

Return to Real Life and Opinion