Scenario 15? Anvil the Blade

Discussion, Trades, and whatever floats

Moderator: Officers

Scenario 15? Anvil the Blade

Postby Serano » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 pm

This scenario is kicking my ass. Played it about 10 times - and this Avatar roasts me every time.

This is the one where you start with Lucln and Firoana and the bad guy has a Katana of pain out. He just smokes me - even when I get an early kill on the chains and the orb that gives him 2 X power extra every turn.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Redeemed » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:22 pm

Scenarios are kinda crappy IMO I've beaten most of them by finishing 4 quests. Disable, Jboots, FBSS give you huge quest advantage on most scenarios.

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

"A raid wipe is nothing more than a Beautiful Disaster"
Redeemed

Postby Wamadoorn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Kicks my ass too. Then again, I pretty much just did the scenarios with my initial mage starter deck and booster pack, so can't do much by the way of changing my deck strategy with just those cards. Probably a different story if I get into it and get a bunch more, trade, etc., but I'm not likely to spend much money on boosters so /shrug. Still a fun toy.

The best I did on it was by getting as much quick damage and high defense stuff as I had available from my cards in a deck. Then I could smoke both the orb and alter by turn 2 or 3. After that, getting a crapload of defense mobs on the board to protect FV and high defense abilities to protect myself brought the game to an even match. If you can make it to the point that the opponent has to exert himself and his sword every time he attacks, he can't apply his uber damage any more.
<this is where a cool sig image would go>

Wama's Lame Crap
Wamadoorn

Highscores: 6

Postby Serano » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm

I am about 9 hours played on this and prolly 50 losses. I suck
Serano
Officer

Postby Redeemed » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:32 pm

Katana of Pain guy?

Yeah he was a pita had completely make and remake decks specifically for this guy. He kicked my ass numerous times.

Until!.... I switched to light units and loaded up the deck with 1 power 3 health guardians. The biggest problem I had with this deck was pulling cards (soothsayers have spoiled me).

When I finally beat him I had a bunch of inspiring dwarfs and a sphinx out.
Sphinx probably won the game for me though.

This scenario says Destroy the Rift and you need to do that asap, so....

-Use lucan to destroy the rift. Begin game play Lucan begin raid and 0 vs 0 hit pass if he uses sidestep then restart the scenario. Lucan will die it is inevitable but it is imparitive that you kill the rift before his second quest phase.

-Second wait til he has pulled out his second Katana of pain and destroyed the first. By then you should have a sunder card pulled and he can kiss his weapon good bye forever.

This is by far the funnest of all scenarios I beat the very last guy on the first try but definately not this dude.

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

Redeemed

Postby Serano » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:59 am

yah - i was always all out on destroying the rift and the chains quick - ussually got it down to the first two turns on both. Once I made it like to 20 turns with them both still up - was funny. Kinda.

About 3 hours after posting last I finnaly beat this turd. So many close calls - when I finnaly won - I was at 1 Health after starting my 4th quest which started combat taking me down 4. blah - lucky I had one health left.
Serano
Officer

Postby Redeemed » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 pm

Yeah I had a few close calls and almost wins with my shadow deck, but after I fine tuned a light deck had chains rift and his katana of pain destroyed I won the the scenario with 6 health completed 4 quests and anvil was at 1 health! haha It felt good after all those times he kicked my ass that I was able to kick his. If I was a bit more riskier I would have killed his avatar myself but I decided to finish the quests.

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

Redeemed

Return to Legends of Norrath