Paying for Loot?

Discussion, Trades, and whatever floats

Moderator: Officers

Postby Uilea » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Makes me less cranky, but I'm still mad about some of those clickies.
Uilea

Postby Offem » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:05 pm

I'm sure there will be changes and all as time goes on....I'm just going to play it by ear and see what comes of these things. All in all I'm rather excited about it! :)
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Highscores: 1

Postby Naiin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:58 pm

The problem I have is.... that NO MATTER HOW RARE.... someone will gain an item due to the fact thier wallet is bigger than yours could ever hope to be.... and that problem ##1 for me.... also, having these cards "do" anything in game (give HP, mana, xp etc) is an abomination to the game IMO... I will be willing to bet 10k plat that inside of a year, the cards will be used as "lewt carrots" to buy the new expansion.... btw lewt carrots arent needed for kewl expansions....*cough* Kunark....

Anyways, if you loved MMs... youre in heaven now.... if you didnt like MMs(like I didnt) then it might be time to look at other games that dont resort to this type of shit.... some days the almighty $ just pisses me off... I wanna log on and be lvl 70 Gabillion with 800 AAs and no raid gear.... I have Visa/MC ready.... :finger
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Horcrux » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:21 pm

i'm addicted to LON allready just going through beta. In all honesty, its sheer fun (for me anyways) lays strictly within the game itself, not in the loot cards. I was also an avid collector of MTG cards in their time when I was younger, so I'm sure this stems from that.

Don't knock it because RL $ can be used to buy the cards. There are allready services that can be bought with RL money, be it PLing, flags, or gear, that LON doesnt even come close to. So what, some, be it very few, of the loot cards have statistical impact on the game. There is a familiar that adds hp but doesnt stack with the cleric symbol line, oh well. Most of the illusions add about 5DS or little resistances, big whoop. And the potion packs are just nifty, but you only get like 5 potions per potion pack card, so its not like their effects last forever. Gotta also add that the item cards are very rare, leta lone the GOOD item cards. Heard some numbers along the lines that theres only a 10% chance of getting an item card in a pack. Nothing the cards could give you are game breaking, most are just fun.

Also, think on the bright side. Thers plenty of people with nothing to spend their money on but EQ. If enough people shell out hundreds of dollars to get the loot cards they want, then thats more money that SoE can hopefully put into an expansion without upping subscription rates!
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Serano » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Anyways, if you loved MMs... youre in heaven now.... if you didnt like MMs(like I didnt) then it might be time to look at other games that dont resort to this type of

I don't see any paralell to LoN and the MMs from DoD. I don't understand the connection.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:48 pm

I see no use for this stuff. The potions are helpful but are probably the rarest of the rare. And there is a useful bauble, probably also extremely rare. I can't see shelling out money on the off chance I'll get something useful.

I'll be passing on this thing. What I can't understand is why they are spending time trying to invent new shit for this game when they have major bugs that need to be addressed before adding more worthless crap in the effort to make more money.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:54 pm

because Sony is about to make an avalanch of money selling this game within a game. Its going to be in the Millions in no time at all. They have prolly made 100K in BETA Alone with peeps dropping $100s of dollars each for better card sets.

The TCG Genre is a cashcow - always has been. making a digital version is just money in the bank. And hella cheaper. no printing costs.
Serano
Officer

Postby Lyannah » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:53 am

I have a Ping's Palliative Potion Pack loot card if anyone wants it. Convince me you're worth it and its urs; or alternatively - hook me up with some phat cash and prizes and u can have it too.

Or someone show me how I can trade it for a chimera mount or king gelaqua illusion :thumbup
Lyannah

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:13 am

I'll give you 100k pp for it.

Basically this is just like buying a scrather lottery ticket. Drop money and hope for the best. Nothing like tapping into a addicts weakness.
Goofydoofy

Postby Naiin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:33 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:I see no use for this stuff. The potions are helpful but are probably the rarest of the rare. And there is a useful bauble, probably also extremely rare. I can't see shelling out money on the off chance I'll get something useful.

I'll be passing on this thing. What I can't understand is why they are spending time trying to invent new shit for this game when they have major bugs that need to be addressed before adding more worthless crap in the effort to make more money.

Because, you dont pay them to fix bugs, you pay them to develope games/expansions.... dont you?

Teh Serano wrote:
Teh Naiin wrote:Anyways, if you loved MMs... youre in heaven now.... if you didnt like MMs(like I didnt) then it might be time to look at other games that dont resort to this type of

I don't see any paralell to LoN and the MMs from DoD. I don't understand the connection.

The MMs were the carrot for DoD, much like LoN cards only dropping in certain New expansion zones will be... mark my word... also they were so un-balanced and easy it was almost sickening, anyways they had to pull and revamp the neriak, hhp, and other MMs because of abuse, I just see an excellent opportunity to counterfeit the hell out of these, just like ppl do armor and etc.... EQ is already about as easy as a game can be, yet they still fart around with baubles instead of actually fixing issues the community has been groaning about for some time.... WTB a challenge... that wont get the reward nerfed and wont be so overly unbalancing as to ruin the game....

There is your correlation =P

I thought we were going 1 year between expansions also... looks like we are being manipulated to me... any dev time spent on a GD card game and not spent on fixing the stupid bugs (like the west bug... HELLO) is just time wasted IMO...
Naiin

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 pm

I pay to play a working game. Not a bugged game that prevents me from playing.
Goofydoofy

Postby Naiin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:05 pm

Well they got ya fooled or you have changed your mind in the past 2 years... because fixing bugs hasnt been what they were focusing on AND we all have bought the crap they peddeled :sad:

Hope the next expansion is better .... /hypocrisy off
Naiin

Postby Serano » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:57 pm

It doesn't matter to most peeps, but the Dev team for LoN is COMPLETLY differant. They hired (bought) a design company in Colorado to make LoN for them. The peeps making LoN have really nothing to do with the bugs in EQ. In fact most of the peeps responsible for the Bugs in EQ no longer work there. The peeps that do work there aren't even aware of what content that is supposed to be working isn't because - they don't know what is supposed to be there anymore.

I asked a FanFaire if they knew what content from Kunark and Velious hadn't been discovered or completed and they were like - no one who made that stuff works here anymore so no one knows.
Serano
Officer

Postby Lyannah » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:33 am

Can someone post a dummies guide to trading cards - i opened the trade window but can't figure out what to do next
Lyannah

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Yea, I'm trying to buy a card from Lyannah but neither of us have any idea how to do it. Anybody help?
Goofydoofy

PreviousNext

Return to Legends of Norrath