Paying for Loot?

Discussion, Trades, and whatever floats

Moderator: Officers

Paying for Loot?

Postby Uilea » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:24 am

I thought this was a joke at first but nope.. it goes into beta on the 8th.

http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.co ... ategory=eq

It says that they will also be dropped in game, but imo it's really unfair to have any of them new items be a reward for paying extra money.
Uilea

Postby Offem » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Actually I think they're pretty cool (esp. the EQII stuff...my house could use a few more pieces of art heehee). I just might have to invest in this /grin
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Highscores: 1

Postby Redeemed » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:34 pm

5 lesson potions FTW

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

"A raid wipe is nothing more than a Beautiful Disaster"
Redeemed

Postby Teennin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:37 pm

since they only come in the booster packs for the EQ card game they are probably going to be pretty rare.
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Offem » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:57 pm

I thought you can buy other starter decks too, not just the starter at first and then the booster packs? Even still though, 15 cards per booster pack is pretty cool indeed. Drig and I are talking about playing this too.

*Edit* looking at the info I found and posted below, looks like we're all going to get a chance to play, and it won't cost us a thing! :)
Last edited by Offem on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Postby Teennin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Well i am just speaking from experience. I use to play Yu Gi Oh a lot and at $4 a booster back it adds up pretty fast. I had better luck buying the cards i wanted off of ebay. Which i am sure these end up there.
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Offem » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:03 pm

I can see that happening if you can buy these cards at retail stores, but if it's only online, how would they go on E-Bay?
Offem

Postby Teennin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:10 pm

people always find a way =)
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Antok » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:02 pm

some of the bonuses on these are pretty damn absurd.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Re: Paying for Loot?

Postby Offem » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Uilea wrote:I thought this was a joke at first but nope.. it goes into beta on the 8th.

http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.co ... ategory=eq

It says that they will also be dropped in game, but imo it's really unfair to have any of them new items be a reward for paying extra money.

Found this which may put your mind at ease about the unfairness for extra money...

Fan Faire has been abuzz wondering what new game John "Smed" Smedley will be announcing today. This just in: it's called Legends of Norrath.

Legends of Norrath is an MMO card and strategy game built into EverQuest and EverQuest II. The cards incorporate familiar lore and mobs from both games. The client will be integrated into both games with plans for a standalone client at a later date.

All registered EverQuest and EverQuest II players will receive a starter deck for free at launch. The game is free: starter decks of cards will be purchasable for a one-time cost of about $10; booster packs will be available for around $3. The initial deck will have 375 cards. The client will allow you to trade cards with other players from both EverQuest and EverQuest II and incorporates a full tournament system and card store. The Legends of Norrath may be played between players from both games with a seamless client integrated into the game.

Besides offering in-game entertainment for those long camps, cards and card packs will be available as mob drops in both games. They will be incorporated into the existing loot tables in such a manner as to be accessible to all players. Very rare cards will drop which will include a /claim code, allowing the redeeming player to acquire an in-game item that we are told will not be just fluff, but a useful, desirable item.

And, as the coup de grace, every Fan Faire attendee will receive automatic Beta access, with a random starter deck, two booster packs, and two additional booster packs a week. All beta testers will keep their cards when the game goes live.

Gameplay is described as a beatum up combat strategy game. Tomorrow Fan Faire attendees will be given an opportunity to play the game.

Watch http://www.legendsofnorrath.com for more information; the site should go live next week.

http://eq2.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=1044

Hope this clears things up for you a bit :)
Offem

Inc Derail!

Postby Stonecrush » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:28 pm

Man the last thing I collected when it came to cards were those monster cards from 7/11 that told stories about stupid monsters and I was about 12? when that happened... Unless you count Pogs ROFLMAO... Course when I got into some comics I stopped with them and read comics until I got into Computers!

Wow life stories people didn't need to know...

I am gonna have to aggree with Teannin here they will probably nickle and dime yah to death.
Stonecrush

Postby Antok » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:42 pm

adding a 5k mana 10khp .5 sec cast time clicky with unlimited charges is one of the worst ideas I have ever ever heard.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Offem » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:18 am

Antok wrote:adding a 5k mana 10khp .5 sec cast time clicky with unlimited charges is one of the worst ideas I have ever ever heard.

Well, I guess we're all entitled to our opinions...but if you think about it it's really no different than an AA like staunch recovery...one charge every "x" amount of hours.
Offem

Postby Antok » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:31 am

Offem wrote:
Antok wrote:adding a 5k mana 10khp .5 sec cast time clicky with unlimited charges is one of the worst ideas I have ever ever heard.

Well, I guess we're all entitled to our opinions...but if you think about it it's really no different than an AA like staunch recovery...one charge every "x" amount of hours.

vet AA's have been a problem to begin with. wizards have already been balanced around the vet aa's (notably 7th) much to the detriment of the class -- this will only exacerbate the problem, by forcing devs to tune encounters around these clickies.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Jimbop » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:59 am

Personally I don't care for this idea at all. If they really want to have some sort of game like this, they should not have any items that effect the outcome of the actual game of EQ. Buying items for RL money, to me, has and always will be lame. Sony finally supporting it, when they have frowned upon it for how many years with the plat sellers, is disturbing. It makes me wonder how long it will be until someone challenges the EULA in court now, because now technically people will be paying money for a certain item, thus the EULA will get tossed out the window.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Next

Return to Legends of Norrath