The fun site I mentioned last night

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Offem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:35 pm

Never claimed to love him LMAO. Just can't stand conspiracy theorists. Nothing like making stuff up just to create pandemonium. As a general rule of thumb, people should have credible sources as proof to back up what they are saying/claiming.
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Highscores: 1

Postby lerchinc » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:11 pm

Sorry Off wasnt calling you a Bush lover. I live it Texas gotta remember im the minority. But I just gave you two places to look. That HBO special was really good. At the end they have a mock election and have a computer expert come in and show how those Dibold machines can be manipulated.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/hackin ... index.html

The lady who runs the organization behind the documentary is at

http://www.blackboxvoting.org. There is a lot of testing that she has done with help of scientists that proves her point.

And the Rolling Stone article really showed some of the flim flam that the republicans pulled of in Ohio in 04. There isnt much conspiracy in either place.

As far as being a proud American Im right up there with the proudest redneck in my state :) But what I am not proud of is the trampling of the proud traditions of what this country was founded on. How can we justify going in and invading another country based on the torture of a people when we are now condoning the same thing? There is more but I am tired and want to sleep :)
lerchinc

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:39 pm

What do you propose I do? Shoot all the fucks in the head and goto prison? Nah, I got better shit to do. Who said anything about conspiracy? Watch the news once in a while and you can see it happening all the time.

I personally could care less. All the stupid fuckers made this place what it is so we will all have to deal with it.

It will only get worse. Like it has been doing for years and years.

Why is wishing for massive deaths ignorant? You got a better plan to rid the world of idiots? I say wipe em all out and give the cockroaches a chance to repopulate the planet with a new improved race of idiots!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Offem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Well, I guess we are all entitled to our opinions, so matter how ignorant or extreme. ROFL I watch the news all the time, do you? Maybe you and I are watching different news channels though...ever hear of CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, and so on? I bet you never focus on or care to watch the positive things though, based on your pessimistic outlook. Nah, you've got better things to do with your time, I'm sure. But for someone who could care less, you sure do have a lot of horrible things to say about humanity.

Also Lerch, nice links. Have read the article you mentioned before; was decent reading. Don't have HBO so I never saw that special, but will check out what you mentioned by the link.
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Highscores: 1

Postby Naiin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:47 am

lerchinc wrote:Ok go google I think its was called Hacking Democracy. It was an HBO special that proved all the allegations. They showed how a voting machine could be rigged.

And if you want to attach that to real life situations then go google the article by Robert Kennedy Jr in Rolling Stone last year. It goes about the case of voter fraud by the republican party like a lawyer presenting a case in court.

I have others if you like :) Kind of a habit of mine.....proving Bush lovers wrong :)

hehehe rigged computers you say?.... let me have physical access to the tcp/ip lines and it is just a matter of time.....
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Worff » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:42 am

Naiin will take care of all those dangling chads too :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:04 am

I get my news from Animal Planet.

I didn't know there were any other channels.

How do I get other channels?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Worff » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:56 am

guess its better than getting news from MTV
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby lerchinc » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Actually Naiin it was pretty neat if your a tech head how they did it. I dont remember specifically but it had something to do with the memory cards that recorded the votes.
lerchinc

Postby Naiin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:42 am

My point is, if ppl are breaking into the defense systems web sites and etc and changing http code... like they did to our website, it does happen... do you think you can keep those that know, and are determined to infiltrate out..... not 100% of the time you wont.... I realize that its entirely too much friggin trouble to just have a simple ballot that is consistant across the nation FOR NATIONAL candidates.. president, vice, etc... and then what ever the local populace decides is fair on state and local ballots (in NC you draw a line to fill in a gap by candidates name....omfg simple)

:finger to electronic balloting
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Previous

Return to Real Life and Opinion