The fun site I mentioned last night

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Bilnick » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 pm

I think it depends....

Are Confederate deaths considered USA casualties? I bet that if you could ask a Confederate soldier or his immediate family what country they died for it would not be the USA....

Lets assume you mean Confederate + Union = USA. Then are you counting civilian deaths too? Obviously there would be many more civilian deaths in the American Civil War vs WWII. Japan only killed a handful of civilians in the American mainland with thier bombs during WWII.

Anyway....here are some links

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004615.html

http://www.americanfamilytraditions.com/war_casualties.htm

http://www.rationalrevolution.net/articles/casualties_of_war.htm

http://www.cwc.lsu.edu/other/stats/warcost.htm
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Everybody posts "actual fasts". But all facts are open to interpretation by everybody else. So, the same exact story told to 10 different people can mean 10 different things. Sometimes black is actually white to somebody who is color blind. So, debating is all pretty much meaningless.

Actions speak louder then words. Not happy with something? Do something about it. Sitting around debating things helps nobody. Look at the government.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Although, it does help pass the time during commercials while watching Animal Planet.

:banana
Goofydoofy

Postby lerchinc » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 pm

Adle-

Ok so the grand total of 10 drums of mustard gas is justification for invading a country that had nothing to do with attacking us? This is my point. If the adminstration could have come to the table and said hey we are going after Sadaam cause we want his oil....I would have no problem with it. Instead we are couching an invasion based on the excuse that he had WMD's. When we didnt find those it was the genocide against the Kurds. All of which wasnt news. He was a genocidal dick when we went in the first time. But Senior at the sense enough to look at the situation and say us going in there and removing Sadaam was a can of worms we dont wanna get into.

The worst part of all this Bush has so eroded the bedrock on which our government is formed that I dont think it will be ever the same.
lerchinc

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:45 pm

How about this? Some woman says you are the daddy of her baby. Either you do not get the summons to appear in court on the matter because nobody really tried to make sure you got it, or you don't appear for whatever reason.

You are now the new daddy. Even if you have a private DNA test that shows you aren't, you are paying child support until that kid is 18 or you die. The only way you can not be found to pay is if you have a vesectomy and make sure it is impossible to get a woman pregnant.

So all you women who want a free monthly income, start fucking everybody in town and find the top 5 richest men in your area and name them the father and hope one doesn't show!

Welcome to stupidty in America. Where you can prove without a doubt you are not the father and yet you will pay child support because it is in the best interest of the child, who isn't yours.
Goofydoofy

Postby Worff » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:29 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:... because it is in the best interest of the child, who isn't yours.

Actually, it's in the best interest of the prosecutors on the payroll at the AG's office, who need to produce results that the AG can use to show voters in his next election campaign, to keep their jobs.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Naiin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Worff wrote:
Goofydoofy wrote:... because it is in the best interest of the child, who isn't yours.

Actually, it's in the best interest of the prosecutors on the payroll at the AG's office, who need to produce results that the AG can use to show voters in his next election campaign, to keep their jobs.

Which is EXACTLY why this should not be in their job description....civil servants seem to be taking on the roles of "saviors" in certain instances that are clearly NOT supported in any local city/county charters or state constitutions. In the case above... does the child need assistance? YES! Is it the govt.'s job to snag some poor bastard in process and leave him holding the bag? NO! Communities raise children, not states/counties....

Here is a prime example of how far some Ag's will go to get re-elected....

I know you folks have heard of Mike Nifong and he is an EXCELLENT case of a prosecutor/police going far outside its actual scope of office to "ensure that the rest of America doesn't think that Durham, N.C. is a place where 30 white college men can rape and beat a black women"..... that got the fires goin'....(NAACP, Al sharpton, Black Panthers, etc... all opportunists that flocked to the inflamatory statements being made, made judgements w/o ever examining any facts.. none had been released at the time... and yet... they claim they dont want anyone treating persons of color that way.... puuuuhhhleeezzzzeee... just lost any respect that I was reserving for you) and couldn't anything be further from the truth it turned out....The woman was abused, the hospital records leave no doubt... BUT... it was not the LAX team that she had just stiffed for $800 by refusing to dance after having been paid...(rightfully so, prolly was a zoo in the house, but then again, ask any strippers you may know.. yeah I know a few >.<... no I don't pay to watch them get nekkid =P... but they all claim going to a place like that w/o "muscle" is stupid)

It is the AG's job to actively pursue potential criminals and see justice done, but... the lengths we let them go to while getting it done is amazing somedays...

So.. we have a community dividing, a girl raped and abused, three men's lives in tatters, and the real culprits of this crime, slink off .. unpunished... thank you fuqhwhads....

So.... seems the govt cant seem to do the jobs they are commisioned to do... wtf would we want them to do more?

"Here you go Bob, you fucked that up so well, we want you to do some really important/hard shit!!"
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Yep.

They should all be treated like terrorists since they cause more damage to this country then any bomb.

Away with government and their cronies!

Free Scooter Libby because he is a Bush cronie!

Weeee...This country is so screwed up due to politics, it is pitiful.
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goofydoofy

Postby Offem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:09 pm

And yet these people who "can't do their jobs" are the ones voted into their respective offices. Seems like it's the voters who need to pull their heads out of their asses if you ask me. Sure, if you didn't vote for them, then good for you. But you are not the entire voice of the people.
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Highscores: 1

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:42 pm

You can pretty much look in any thread open to the public and I'm sure I've said someplace in that forum that 99% of the people on this planet are complete idiots. So, that pretty much says it all.

Then again, it doesn't matter who votes for what when it is rigged.

You don't think elections can be rigged these days? The people in power get away with anything they want and nobody can do anything about it.

Hopefully the Sun will explode soon.
Goofydoofy

Postby Offem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Proof of electoral riggings please? Would love to see something that is not a conspiracy theory.
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Postby lerchinc » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:10 pm

ask the people in ohio about vote rigging :)
lerchinc

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Proof? Is that a joke?

I didn't say it did happen, although I'm pretty sure it has. And if it has, you think the people who did it are just running around admiting it? I'm sure they could and Bush would pardon them anyway.

Where is the proof that billions of dollars have been funneled to things that they were not supposed to be used for? Where is the proof that anything illegal happens, ever? Illegal shit happens daily and sometimes you get proof and sometimes you don't. Just because something is covered up doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Then again, it doesn't mean it did happen either. Bottom line is, if they want to rig something or do something illegal, they will and thats that. I have no doubt shit like this happens on a daily basis. Several have been caught and nothing has been done. Several others haven't been caught and nothing has been done.

I wish the moon would just drop it's orbit and slam into this planet and put all the worthless fucks to bed.

I would almost welcome an invasion by China both thru finance and military might. Couldn't be any worse then things are now. Although, that is a hard language to learn.

What happened to the days when every American was proud to be an American? Now it is completely embarassing to admit you are part of this ignorant batch of morons who run this country.

Honor and pride and doing right by the people have been replaced by stupidity, self-centeredness and greed. That is now the American way.
Goofydoofy

Postby Offem » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:58 pm

Yes proof. No, it's not a joke. You said they can be rigged; I want proof, and not another conspiracy theory.

Oh and I don't know about you, but I'm DAMN PROUD to be an American. If you are not proud, or are embarrassed, then instead of wishing for ignorant things to happen, perhaps you should get up and do something about it. There is nothing worse in the world than people who complain about things but don't do anything about it to make it better.
Offem

Postby lerchinc » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Ok go google I think its was called Hacking Democracy. It was an HBO special that proved all the allegations. They showed how a voting machine could be rigged.

And if you want to attach that to real life situations then go google the article by Robert Kennedy Jr in Rolling Stone last year. It goes about the case of voter fraud by the republican party like a lawyer presenting a case in court.

I have others if you like :) Kind of a habit of mine.....proving Bush lovers wrong :)
lerchinc

PreviousNext

Return to Real Life and Opinion