Discussion

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Discussion

Postby Areo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:42 am

Hey Everyone,

Had so much fun with the political debate recently that I thought I would propose a debate of sorts. Antoks comment about discussing things privately got me thinking. That’s a good idea. So here’s what I propose:

1. A topic is decided on. No derails, only discussion relating to that specific topic should be brought up. If a derail is needed it should be put into its own discussion.

2. Everything will be discussed through pms, with a whole community of people the chance of a derail is imminent. Once one or the other concedes to the others point or an agreement to disagree is found, the entire discussion gets posted here for everyone to discuss.

3. Everything needs to be related back to Everquest. A common placing has to be found for even points to be made. Everyone comes from a different view on life and being in this guild is a common thing that we all semi agree on. This will require some creativity, but if taken seriously a little bit, can be viewed very much like life, economy, death, friends, enemies, slackers, uber high end don't care at alls, its all in there.

4. Don't start a conversation unless you are absolutely certain you are firm enough in your beliefs to have a civil, fun, intelligent discussion without getting upset or making things personal. This guild is full of business owners, scholars, students and others from all walks of life. I love you guys and don't want to make any enemies from this.

So shoot me those pms about which topics you would like to discuss, with your creative real life everquest topics and lets get those neurons firing!!
Areo

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:40 pm

What the fuck fun is that? Keep it open for others to play with!

By the way, you can PM me regarding this and we can debate it!

:thumbup
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby EQIsenhart » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:30 pm

I don't know if this is sarcasm at it's worst or what but discussing things through PM's like opinions and the like defeats the purpose of this board. We are free to discuss reasonable topics as freely as we want as long as it doesn't cross the line of flaming and personal attacks.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Naiin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:I don't know if this is sarcasm at it's worst or what but discussing things through PM's like opinions and the like defeats the purpose of this board. We are free to discuss reasonable topics as freely as we want as long as it doesn't cross the line of flaming and personal attacks.

WTF... I wanna flame somebody.......

/flamesheild on
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Areo » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:31 pm

I don't know how to respond to that Isen. I was neither sarcastic nor trying to suppress anyones ability to discuss reasonable topics on this board. Merely looking to stimulate some personal discussion on peoples thoughts. And then have it posted here for everyone to discuss after the point and counter point was finished.

If discussing things in private defeats the purpose of this board then why do we have a function that allows us to discuss things in private. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Wow, never expected that type of response. Figured I would at the worst just get ignored, lol. I know my previous political posts had a heavy sarcastic overtone to it, but I was honestly here just trying to drum up some civil, interesting, fun debate between unlike minded people.

Didn't mean to offend.
Areo

Postby EQIsenhart » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:35 pm

No I am not offended at all. These are your boards as much as it is mine. I just make try my best it doesn't cross over to flaming or personal attacks like I said. You are free to use it how you see fit and however else, you want. I read this differently then is all.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Worff » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 pm

:bazooka: :firing:

heheh
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Bilnick » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:15 pm

The fun of the topics we occasionally discuss is seeing others opinions.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:59 pm

And my stupid, off the wall comments!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Return to Real Life and Opinion