Heroes TV Show: Post your unanswered questions!

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Heroes TV Show: Post your unanswered questions!

Postby Redeemed » Wed May 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Where the hell did Sylar get the ability to freeze objects, make snow, and use it as a weapon?

If Sylar still doesn't have the ability to heal, Why didn't he die when the Mind reading cop shot him in the first or second episode? (can't recall which)

I like the show, but damn these loopholes are never ending.

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

"A raid wipe is nothing more than a Beautiful Disaster"
Redeemed

Re: Heroes TV Show: Post your unanswered questions!

Postby Horcrux » Thu May 17, 2007 1:24 am

Redeemed wrote:Where the hell did Sylar get the ability to freeze objects, make snow, and use it as a weapon?

If Sylar still doesn't have the ability to heal, Why didn't he die when the Mind reading cop shot him in the first or second episode? (can't recall which)

I like the show, but damn these loopholes are never ending.

#1. Have you read the online comics? I'm not sure if it specifically states who he got the freezing power from (actually pretty sure it does not). However, it uses it in the comics. He also used it to freeze Molly Walker's Dad in one of the first episodes. Molly's Dad was the guy who was frozen in the middle of breakfast before his brain was eaten. Thats the episode when Matt finds Molly in the closet. Cryokenesis was among Sylar's first obsorbed powers, sometime right after telekinesis.

#2. People tend to think (I read the official forums for Heroes far too often) that Sylar has obsorbed a sort of "Thick Skin" power. It fits in that not only did he not die (but indeed did drop, so got hit by the bullets) when Matt Parkman shot Sylar when he tried to kill Molly Walker again, but also when Mr Bennet shot Sylar while Sylar was toying with Mrs Bennet in their house. Sylar flew back into the wall that time too. If you read the online comics, theres one that has a scene in it just after Mr Bennet shot him, and he is prying bullets from his stomach/chest area. They didn't go deep enough to do mortal damage, but still when in and made him fly back. And, it explains why he would say something along the lines of "you know that wont hurt me" when Eden points a gun at him while he is imprisoned, right before she kills herself.

In the episodes where Mat is teamed up with the FBI chick, we see a few photographs in the files of Sylar of people with their head cut open. So, Sylar more than likely obsorbed about 5 powers between the "6 months ago" episode when he took telekenisis and the present day episodes when he started killing on the show. This leaves a lot open as to what Sylar can, or can't do, and gives the writers a lot of leeway with Sylar. One ability that he is thought to have is a sort of super reflexes/speed ability. This is shown from the "Homecoming" episode when one second he is at the bottom of a bunch of steps, and the next he is standing infront of Peter. Also, it somewhat explains how he prevented Hiro from killing him. When Hiro was aiming his sword at Sylar's neck, he touched him on the neck. Even though Time was frozen, that slight touch was probably enough to set off his reflexes. And his original ability, his aptitude for understanding how things work, could have told him what was going on (that someone froze time) and how to counter it with his abilities. If you watch that scene closely, you will see Sylar's eye move a split second before time unfreezes. Managing to counter Hiro's time freeze may or may not have been too hard. Gotta remember that between his super memory (stolen from the bartender), and his ability for knowing how things work, he is (or easily could be) the smartest man ever.

God I love this show. You can get so deep into discussing whats going on. That and I love Sylar. Specially in last Monday's episode. It was kind of funny the scene with him leaning against the wall eating ice cream while thinking of how he was going to kill millions by nuking New York. And the very last scene where hes testing his new power and says "boom".
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Redeemed » Fri May 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Well I don't read the comics, but the open ended sylar and peter characters are driving me nuts :)

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

"A raid wipe is nothing more than a Beautiful Disaster"
Redeemed

Postby Horcrux » Fri May 18, 2007 3:27 pm

Redeemed wrote:Well I don't read the comics, but the open ended sylar and peter characters are driving me nuts :)

Peter isn't that open ended. Though he is pretty dumb somtimes. Maybe he should have met the waitress with the good memory before Sylar ate her brain, then he'd be able to remember which powers he has. He has so many powers too that he doesnt know about (Eden's persuasion power, possibly the Haitian's power block and mem wipe ability, and every ability Sylar has, so does Peter now, he just doesnt know it. But its funny the situations he winds up in, and he doesnt think of using his powers to get himself out. Like he could have saved Ted from the FBI if he had thought a little bit, instead of grabbing Clair and going invisible. Or like when he faced Sylar in Mohinder's appartment. All he did was throw Sylar back with TK, then go invis and turn his back on Sylar? You can tell he did that because when the glass shard "killed" him, it went into the back of his head. Pretty stupid IMO.

I love how Sylar is trying to become, and views himself as, all powerful. Hes stealing even the more rediculous powers (like the metal melting one) that he will never use again. I guess because he can? And in the 5 years gone episode he makes the comment that he has finally consumed enough powers, and that now all he wants is to eliminate the competition lol. It seems weird to think the Sylar in the present day could get "full".

Horcrux

Postby Venerran » Sat May 19, 2007 2:14 pm

I'm wondering how future Peter gets that big scar down his face...looks like a sword wound to me, Hiro maybe? And how is Future Hiro so much better at english that this one. They sound like 2 totally different people. Can't wait for the new on Monday...

Oh, you hear about the spin-off show for Heroes that's gonna air during the shows Hiatus? Supposed to highlight a new hero every week, and then at the end there's gonna be a vote and the fans pick their fav. newbie hero and they will be in Season 3. Hope that doesn't screw things up.
Venerran

Postby Horcrux » Sat May 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Venerran wrote:I'm wondering how future Peter gets that big scar down his face...looks like a sword wound to me, Hiro maybe? And how is Future Hiro so much better at english that this one. They sound like 2 totally different people. Can't wait for the new on Monday...

What I'm wondering is why the scar didn't heal since he can regen. Must be a really nasty cut he's going to get. And gotta remember, not only is there 5 years difference between present and future hiro to improve his english, we've no idea how much time he has spent time traveling and such. Remember he spent a long time in the past to save Charlie, and in that short ammount of time he got betteer at english, when no time passed in the present. And actually, its a somewhat fake accent on the actors part. The actor speaks fluent english and japanese, however his english is basically without accent.

Horcrux

Postby Horcrux » Sun May 20, 2007 3:04 pm

30 hours until the season finale!!!!!!!!!

Horcrux

Return to Real Life and Opinion