Military Training Should be Mandatory

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby eeventinee » Fri May 11, 2007 9:26 pm

neither am i a military expert, but it seems that it was so hard to find him because he was being invaded and went in to hiding. A special force team would most likely go in all surprise like, not that im for assasinations or anything.
"The path to geekdom for this child has already been paved in 12-sided dice and character sheets."

Long live the poor child named Firiona Vie
eeventinee

Postby Meso » Sat May 12, 2007 12:25 am

if he didn't know it (the bullet) was coming he wouldn't be hiding.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Ceruis » Sat May 12, 2007 5:50 am

Hmm, not the direction I expected talk to with the essay but whatever.

Special Forces would of gotten killed trying to kill Saddam, but even if they succeeded it still would not of solved the problem. Somebody else would of step in that probably would of been just as brutal. As for WMD that Saddam supposively had, we will never know. In the end it doesn't matter. Saddam refused to cooperate with a UN resolution and the US followed through with the invasion that the UN didn't have the stomach for. Why didn't the UN follow through with it own resolution? Simple, the Oil for Food scams and the French and Russian military arms sells to Iraq, that why. At the end of the day it was all about money. All of it was conviently forgoten by a large majority of Americans of course.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat May 12, 2007 9:29 am

This is TF. Your thread will never go as planned. Thats the beauty of it!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby lerchinc » Sat May 12, 2007 9:34 am

See that is a great excuse Alan. But the bottom line is we sold the arms to Saddaam in the first place. Then when he doesnt want to play ball he goes and buys from somewhere else. And BTW Google is your friend there is plenty of proof that he was at the end going to comply with the resolution. IF you read the reports from UN inspectors Sadaam wasnt just saying here this is whats going on. It took some arm twisting but he was giving the UN what they wanted.See Sadaam was a mad man but he wasnt stupid. He knew Iran was going to be a big sheet of glass if he wasnt careful. He just wasnt going to make it easy for the UN.
lerchinc

Postby Serano » Sat May 12, 2007 11:21 am

we are talkinig 11 years of kicking inspectors in - letting them in but prevening access to certain sites - kicking them out again - letting them in - compliance - then destruction of some systems then kicking the UN out - then letting them in but threatening them so they left - it was just crazy.

He was playing the world.

Either way I have multiple source confirmation that the 25th ID seized 25 barrels of Sarrin (GB) and the 82d discovered 12 barrels of Sarrin (GB) both at artillilary production sites. all they didn't find was any mass stockpiles of GB in actual artilliary rounds. Duh - its best to not load the GB into rounds until you plan to use it.

WMD was one of the selling points of going in but it was not the trigger. So it has ALWAYS been irrelevent yet the US media won't let it go. So here we have 37 55 gallen drums of GB discovered - the media won't touch the story - and the media won't let go of the NO WMD found - war unjustified - never once touching on the reason we went in. The way the US and the press have short sheeted the reasons for waging this war is just irresponsible.

The US dismissed all 37 barrels as "pestisides" Duh - do you guys know what GB is - it is a nerve agent 5 times as powerful as a normal Pesticide. That this story has never went anywhere is a source of constant amusement to me.

Did we arm Iraq? Hell yes we did - because he was setting up to wage war against Iran - which in the early 80s had thumbed its nose at the US and the only country since Viet-nam to seize over 100 US citizens for no reason other than them being US ciizens and held them for over a year with no trial, no charge in order to show the impotence of the US and Jimmy Carter. And to show their displeasure of the US standing up the Shaw who the Shia Iranians did not want to follow. Just like the rest of the world the enemy of our enemy was our friend. He was not a good dude and his treatment of Shia, kurds, Christians and Jews was barely better than Hitlers. The second he crossed the international Line our support for him was over.

But I believe Cerius was talking about training our nations Youths to respect themselves, peers and the establishment in a method that would give all americans a common frame of referance on military disipline. To be honest I don't see any gain by giving clueless people one clue towards the military establishment. 9 weeks wouldn't do it. 1 year of conscription would only fuel resentment towards all things military in those that would have otherwise just been clueless.

I don't see a gain in people understanding the military a little better. I am comfortable in people not really knowing that much about things military. I was recently reading a "Jack Reacher" novel - this is a series written by Lee Child. the one I was reading was a Prequel telling the back history of the hero Jack Reacher from when he was still in the military. And this guy wrote the military with the knowledge of someone who had watched the military protrayed in the media and no actual in game experiance. Was hillarious how terrible he understood the culture. In the end a good book was written for other people that only know about the military thru the media. But for someone with real military experance it was terrible. funny the way that goes.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby eeventinee » Sat May 12, 2007 12:53 pm

It wasnt just about the WMDS, it was about imminent threat. That threat was increased by invading because of the simple logic of well shit, if im not gonna be around much longer I better use em. He didn't use any, which leads me to believe that under no circumstance was Iraq a THREAT to the United States, or anybody anymore. By going in to Iraq we send a dangerous message to Iran and at the time North Korea that hey, you guys better get WMD's because if not you won't be safe. By invading a country for not complying with inspectors who you know isn't a real threat and not North Korea after they weren't complying and developed WMD's then whats that say to Iran whos in between?
"The path to geekdom for this child has already been paved in 12-sided dice and character sheets."

Long live the poor child named Firiona Vie
eeventinee

Postby lerchinc » Sat May 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Man serano if your ever in Texas I wanna have a beer with you. I think we could have some definately interesting conversations :) But I have this arguement with my buddy in San Antonio all the time.

The argument of the enemy of my enemy is my friend is frankly horseshit :) I could understand if when Sadaam when in and pulled his crap with the Kurds we went in and slapped him down but we didnt. We didnt go in and slap him down when he invaded Kuwait. Now again I am not military. Dont claim to understand everything. But seems to me in my humble undereducated opinion that there was ample time over the years to beat this guy or put him in his place. This was a war for oil and to save the face of his father. If we were really serious about helping the people of iraq we wouldnt have disbanded the military. We would have given the people of iraq reason to think that we were going to help them. I think this new general is one of the smartest guys that I have seen on the face of this war in a long time. He knows that we need to show the people of Iraq that helping us is going to give them more than if they help the insurgency. All we did was make an ass load of unemployed pissed of soldiers with nothing to do.

As far as the sarin that has been found in Iraq yes it was found. But what was found was 10-11 years old. Definately doesnt show proof of weapons of mass destruction. Only shows that he was not so quick in getting rid of what he was supposed to get rid of in the first place.
lerchinc

Postby Worff » Sat May 12, 2007 5:42 pm

Serano wrote:Did we arm Iraq? Hell yes we did - because he was setting up to wage war against Iran - which in the early 80s had thumbed its nose at the US and the only country since Viet-nam to seize over 100 US citizens for no reason other than them being US ciizens and held them for over a year with no trial, no charge in order to show the impotence of the US and Jimmy Carter.

Funny part is .. we armed Iran too, prior to Khomeini taking over, and trained some of them... because we thought we had a guy in there that would cooperate and that it would last for decades hehe. After that they had to get stuff from Russia and other places in economic depression.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Angyish » Mon May 14, 2007 1:35 am

I like fucking kittens, who cares BUsh is gone in like however many months, and i can finnally stop wondering what thing he's going to do next, here's hoping that we don't get someone worse.

GO VOTE>
Angyish hatesyouall
\www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1257831
my video (http://media.putfile.com/pactum)
retired
Angyish

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon May 14, 2007 9:09 am

The funny thing is, some of you people are stating shit like it is a fact, when nobody here knows the real truth about anything. You only know what you have been told, what you think you have seen, or what the PCP has led you to believe.

The truth of the matter is we have all been brainwashed. The US government has been putting chemicals in our drinking water which makes us all have mass delusions. Aliens have been taking our people away. TV has been feeding us all the government wants us to believe in subliminal messages. We are actually all living in a cage on the moon. Everything else we perceive is just a government led conspiracy.
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Mon May 14, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Worff » Mon May 14, 2007 10:45 am

I think Goofy is "The One" :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Offem » Mon May 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:The funny thing is, some of you people are stating shit like it is a fact, when nobody here knows the real truth about anything. You only know what you have been told, what you think you have seen, or what the PCP has led you to believe.

The truth of the matter is we have all been brainwashed. The US government has been putting chemicals in our drinking water which makes us all has mass delusions. Aliens have been taking our people away. TV has been feeding us all the government wants us to believe in subliminal messages. We are actually all living in a cage on the moon. Everything else we perceive is just a government led conspiracy.

LOL conspiracy theory much?
"Music makes the world go round, just listen closely and you'll hear the sounds."
Offem

Highscores: 1

Postby Areo » Mon May 14, 2007 3:26 pm

Just watch, George W will go down as one of the greater leaders in america. Abraham Lincoln was not a popular man in his day...

Hows that for an unpopular view. lol
Areo

Postby Serano » Mon May 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:The funny thing is, some of you people are stating shit like it is a fact, when nobody here knows the real truth about anything. You only know what you have been told, what you think you have seen, or what the PCP has led you to believe.

The truth of the matter is we have all been brainwashed.

as it turns out I know what I am talking about.

and also I really despise Lincoln as a president. The only Dictator the US has ever had.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

PreviousNext

Return to Real Life and Opinion