Cleric AA Advice

Moderator: Officers

Cleric AA Advice

Postby Doktur » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:15 pm

Ok, I'm looking at grinding out a few essential AA's, can someone give me a list of what I need to work on? So far I have RC 1, Improved Healing 1, and RS3 and Metabolism.
Physician heal thyself, AND LET THE REST DIE!!!!

-Doktur
Doktur

Postby Antok » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 pm

#1 - Divine Arbitration
#2 - Divine Arbitration
#3 - Divine Arbitration
#4 - Divine Arbitration
#5 - Divine Arbitration
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:13 pm

Almost all the Archtype

Divine Rez
MGB
SCRM
SCM3
The Grp Heal HoT all the way to TSS
ALL Healing CRIT and Healing % up to OoW
ALL Aggro Reduction AA - Spell Casting Subelty
Radiant Cure all the way to TSS

The Healing Ward AA are not every good but can be fun
Bestow Div Aura is ALWAYS good to have up

That should keep you busy AA farming for a while :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Jimbop » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm

I'm working on getting my cleric's healing aa's first before I begin to worry about some of the other essential aa's. Since my cleric is mostly only a bot for me, and rarely used as a grouping cleric, the aggro aa's for the most part don't have any effect on my healing abilities, as my cleric won't pull aggro off my pet. Divine Arb would be nice to get, but since it doesn't affect my pet, I'm holding off on that one too. The group HoT though would be a great aa to get after I get my healing aa's up farther. Does this sound like one of the best routes for me, considering my cleric's main uses?
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:03 pm

Spell Casting Mastery 3 = #1 Priority

Absoutley Jim

As a Raiding Cleric - its INVALUABLE to not pull aggro from any named / add/ or whatever. The aggro reduction AA help keep you out of aggro from spawning adds $

As a pure grp /bot cleric - yes work on the Healing Base % increase and the Crit Heals AA.

BUT remember - HoT are a buff - and are effected by the Buff duration AA and Foci.

Zyzz can get off a 6 tick HoT - when the base is only 4 ticks. But the foci from his gear and AA that increase buff duration keep the HoT ticking longer - thus more bang for the mana.

SCR3 and SCRM is a must for any cleric

Also - Spell casting mastery 3 is a huge must to help preserve mana.

You will notice at LEAST a 20% increase in mana when you get Spell Casting Mastery 3.

As a Bot cleric I would go with Healing+ aa and the buff duration AA priority.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Antok » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Jimbop wrote:I'm working on getting my cleric's healing aa's first before I begin to worry about some of the other essential aa's. Since my cleric is mostly only a bot for me, and rarely used as a grouping cleric, the aggro aa's for the most part don't have any effect on my healing abilities, as my cleric won't pull aggro off my pet. Divine Arb would be nice to get, but since it doesn't affect my pet, I'm holding off on that one too. The group HoT though would be a great aa to get after I get my healing aa's up farther. Does this sound like one of the best routes for me, considering my cleric's main uses?

if you ever - EVER - use your cleric as anything but a pet healer, get dvarb =p it's three aa, and one of the most useful things ever. nearly instant (.8 second) aggroless heal that heals as much as needed.

I would pass on the group hot. I have quite a few levels of it, and mine is still I think only 750 a tick.

I think I would do something like

dvarb
one level of RC
SCM3/scrm
shieldblock3 (better return than any other defensive aa)
+% to healing base aas
direct heal crit aas
other defensive aas

I'm probably missing some - but I would pass on aggro reduction aas until you have a ton of the others. It's pretty hard to get aggro as a cleric. The only times I got aggro were when all the offtanks were dead - and I only bought the new aggro redux aa within the last week.

sidenote: the % to direct heal aas and crit heal aas are pretty much the ONLY things that effect CH, thus, if you tend to use CH a ton on your cleric, might move them up.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Jimbop » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:03 am

Yeah for sure, Divine Arb is one of the best aa's in the game due to the no aggro issue. So far, I've only run my cleric through some of the DoD missions with Isen, Jae, etc... Some of them missions, I'm still surprised I was able to heal them considering I was only moderatley geared, and had about 10-12 aa's or so. I think when we did 70.5 hard, I had about 15, and still managed to heal for it. It may be good to get some SCM soon though after I get some more healing aa's in, as I'm still not really going to be using her for much else than pet healing. Most fights I do, I pull maybe 10-20% of her mana pool. The worst ones may pull 60-70%. If it's pulling more mana than that, there's a good chance I'm fighting too many mobs, and will probably die on both toons. :jester

It may be worth it to look into picking up some of the cure aa's, since some of the things I fight drop DoT's, debuffs, etc. It would definitely make it easier to deal with this with the AA to cure them. There's a lot of different routes to take for a cleric, depending on what the cleric is being used for, unlike a magician who has a pretty clear path of get pet aa's, ans get DPS aa's in.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Jahras » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:19 am

for dok I did

SCM 3
RC1
Div arb 1
SCRM for HoT duration
GoM 3
unfailing divinity (for raiding)

As his first few and was very happy with the results. Getting GoM chains on 1k mana HoTs is really really nice haha.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Doktur » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:52 pm

TY For the tips.
Physician heal thyself, AND LET THE REST DIE!!!!

-Doktur
Doktur

Return to Class Specific Discussion