Bidding for main while on requested alt?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

If requested to play a different character other than one's main, can that player bid on loots for their main character if the raid leader deems it permissable without hindering the raid?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:54 am

Yes, a player should be allowed to bid for their main while playing a requested alt instead of their main.
81%
No, a player should not be allowed to bid for any other character than the one they are contributing to the raid with.
19%

Total votes : 26

Bidding for main while on requested alt?

Postby bill » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:54 am

If a player is requested to play another character other than their main by the raid leader, should they be allowed to still bid on loot that drops with their main character's DKP for their main character if the raid leader declares that it will not hinder the raid to have the player switch characters to loot the reward?

As of right now there is no policy either way as this was mainly covered by the fact that you could only bid for players online at the raid.

This poll closes @ 11am 9/27/06
bill

Postby Irish » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:10 pm

I agree with this simply becasue if you want to play your alt and the raid leader ask you to play an alt because say like deen or jaella they have clerics and we are short on clerics that night kinda thing.......

I know Jaella has asked a few times to have the dkp go to Jaella and not nenior because she was told to bring her instead of Jaella so I don't have a problem with it

I Do NOt agree with alts or boxes getting things before a ain though unless it is rotting :thumbup

but yeah I agree with letting that happen since it is the raid leader that wanted a certain class then the main
IrishHealer Sunspeaker 75 Cleric Of Tunare, EVER SO PROUD member of Tribal Fury
I am NOT a DRAMA QUEEN .....I am the DRAMA GODDESS!! GET IT RIGHT...
Irish

Postby Keld » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:18 pm

Yes if the bid will be for their main toon.

Keld

Postby Ceruis » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Agree as well. As long as the RL quest you play your alt I have no problem with bidding for items for your main.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Uilea » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:50 pm

If a player is requested to play another character other than their main by the raid leader, should they be allowed to still bid on loot that drops with their main character's DKP for their main character if the raid leader declares that it will not hinder the raid to have the player switch characters to loot the reward?

If it keeps that exact wording yes
Uilea

Postby arielyn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:53 pm

Uilea wrote:

If it keeps that exact wording yes

:stupid

also agree with drannor, the person better be able to log on their main, and get to the spot of the drop without holding up the rest of the raid. doesn't help to hold up a raid for 30-45 min while a main runs there.

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Postby Nennie » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:04 pm

Agree fully as long as it doesn't hold the raid up at all. If you are boxing and know you might want something have your main parked outside. CoH, repops, instance spots, permitting of course.

Just as long as the person wanting to bid understand that's the Raid Leader can deny them from doing so if they feel it is needed.

"This is our last dance...THIS IS OUR LAST DANCE...THIS IS OURSELVES...Under Pressure!"
Nennie

Postby Yoshikawa » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:10 pm

agree full as long as it stays how it is worded now and that the RL can deny the bid if it will be a hinderence.
On the black wind forever we ride on together
Destroying your evil with freedom our guide
When the master will storm us
He'll stand high before us
Our hearts filled with splendour
Our swords will shine over the light
___Valley Of The Damned - Dragonforce

Yoshikawa Matsumori - Lv.75 Monk
Yoshikawa

Postby Shoolace » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:16 pm

If you want to play your main but the raid leader asks you to play an alt, I see no problem with letting you bid for your main.
Shoolace

Re: Bidding for main while on requested alt?

Postby arrern » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 pm

I agree with the situation that if a raid leader asks a person to play an alt, i dont have the problem or box here, then as long as the main isn't to far away ( hint park your main right outside zone) then the person should be able to bid for their main aslong as they have to dkp on their main. If the guild needs certain classes on a raid and the raid leader asks for alts to fill slots it wouldnt be right to penalize a main for not being in the raid due to requested alts for spots the guild couldn't fill with available mains. Sorta long winded there but i do feel for those that are able to put the time into the game to have top alts. if folks get screwed on their alts because they cant get upgrades for their main how long will it be before they just plain wont play alts reguardless of guild needs.
ARRERN (mike) :batt
arrern

Highscores: 17

Re: Bidding for main while on requested alt?

Postby Aithzar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:17 pm

aumak wrote:I agree with the situation that if a raid leader asks a person to play an alt, i dont have the problem or box here, then as long as the main isn't to far away ( hint park your main right outside zone) then the person should be able to bid for their main aslong as they have to dkp on their main. If the guild needs certain classes on a raid and the raid leader asks for alts to fill slots it wouldnt be right to penalize a main for not being in the raid due to requested alts for spots the guild couldn't fill with available mains. Sorta long winded there but i do feel for those that are able to put the time into the game to have top alts. if folks get screwed on their alts because they cant get upgrades for their main how long will it be before they just plain wont play alts reguardless of guild needs.
ARRERN (mike) :batt

This is a thread from two years ago Arrern. Not sure that happens anymore.
Aithzar

Highscores: 2

Return to Guild Policies