Final Poll for Alt/Box Bidding Cap(Bidding cap changed to 20

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Please choose the most appropriate bidding cap for alts/boxes.

Poll ended at Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:11 pm

50DKP
12%
20DKP
74%
<20DKP (please add write-in value)
14%

Total votes : 42

Postby Ranjaling » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:00 pm

Voted for Ralph Nader!
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:15 pm

My vote is for 5 dkp cap. TF has always been focus'd on MAINS. I see the purpose of alts and myself have two. I choose to not raid with them so as to not weaken the raid force with a lesser toon. I have not taken advantage of ANY of the backflag oportunities thruout our PoP experiences just to help get us thru them. TF should only be expected to assist one of my toons in reaching my goals not whichever one i happen to let my cursor drag across on the log in screen. Alts have a place but in my opinion they slow us down more than assist us in reaching our goals. Disagree with me if you will these are my feelings on the topic. nuf said vote on
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby arielyn » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:26 am

azzy as always you are smart and wise.

however i think the real problem that caused this is alts such as waystin.... is he really an alt, or just another drannor main? can you really call any of adle's characters alts?

i would agree with 5 dkp, or actually I'm more with fnord with rot loots for alts , if we're talking about someone like my warrior alt akinis..... but problem is, there are alts / boxes that are pretty important to the guild. I agree with fnord really, however TF is a special type of guild. True it would be awesome if we had 54 people who raided 90% of the time and we wouldn't have to even worry about this, but TF is 120ish people, who raid 30% of the time, so some times alts and boxes make the difference between progression and a win vs still trying to kill the emp ssra listening to zyzz's broken english.

again, I think uilea summed it up perfectly and actually did some research to back her reasoning.

oh and zyzz, if you read this, i found something for you
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mavis-Beacon-Teache ... dZViewItem

/snicker

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Postby Naiin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:53 am

Azzenkar Emberune wrote:My vote is for 5 dkp cap. TF has always been focus'd on MAINS. I see the purpose of alts and myself have two. I choose to not raid with them so as to not weaken the raid force with a lesser toon. I have not taken advantage of ANY of the backflag oportunities thruout our PoP experiences just to help get us thru them. TF should only be expected to assist one of my toons in reaching my goals not whichever one i happen to let my cursor drag across on the log in screen. Alts have a place but in my opinion they slow us down more than assist us in reaching our goals. Disagree with me if you will these are my feelings on the topic. nuf said vote on

Wow.... can it be said anymore eloquently? :stupid
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

alright

Postby bill » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:05 pm

Locking this poll now. Here are the results:

Please choose the most appropriate bidding cap for alts/boxes.
50DKP
11% [ 5 ]
20DKP
73% [ 31 ]
<20DKP (please add write-in value)
14% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 42

Despite some write-in's, the majority chose in favor of 60% decrease in the current bidding cap for alts/boxes from 50DKP down to 20DKP.

As of today, this policy is in effect. That means tonight's raid will be the first to include the new bidding caps. Thanks to everyone involved from voting to discussing and thinking about the situation.
bill

Previous

Return to Guild Policies