First in a Series of Important Polls Regarding TF Policy

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Should Alts be able to accrue DKP when not requested?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 pm

Yes, with no restrictions as currently stated in policy.
24%
Yes, but only if the alt meets the requirements on a full member (ie. lvl 70 and any future requirements placed)
40%
No, only a character requested by the raid leader or a main may accrue DKP.
36%

Total votes : 50

First in a Series of Important Polls Regarding TF Policy

Postby bill » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:37 pm

This is the first in a series of related questions which will ultimately help us decide what the best policies for our population are in order to continue to succeed in kicking this game's ass.

The question here is "Should alts that are not requested at a raid accrue DKP for that time?"

Explanation: If I bring Waystin to a raid when he wasn't requested, should he earn DKP for that time?

Real explanation: (The reason there is a real one is because this has 2 magnitudes IMO) Player_X brings their level 55 ranger instead of their level 70 cleric. Substitute any class for the above.

The middle option partially addresses the issue stated above.

This poll will remain open for 7 full days from today. Next Monday we will have a new concept that needs to be voted on as well as having this decision implemented. I strongly urge ALL of you to vote for what YOU think the best decision would be for the guild's best interests.
bill

Postby Serano » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:08 pm

15 votes in 3 hours. HAWT.

OH - boxes get their own poll or does this include them per Ranjaling's definition of alts?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

well

Postby bill » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:36 pm

This is ONLY for "Alts" which are separate from "boxes".

Right now boxes can only get DKP if they are requested. However alts do not share that distinction. This poll will address the issue.
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:34 pm

I'd like the 4th option of just 'No' to be added. I don't agree with any of the 3 choices. However, if that isn't an option, mark me down as the "No, unless...'.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby EQIsenhart » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:56 pm

What's the difference Fnord? You don't like the "requested by raid leader" bit?
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:21 am

Correct Isen. Fnord wants TF to only have mains raid. Which is I think the same posistion of a few others. He is right - prolly shoulda had a "no" option in there just to track exactly how many dont' want alts at all. Shrug I don't think it would carry but it would track that faction.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Ranjaling » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:41 am

Damnit,

I meant to vote for option B but instead voted A by mistake
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Worff » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:50 am

I voted no, primarily because of this reason:

: Recruiting policy utilizes a "Raid-seat" system to determine if a certain class is closed. We use this system to round out the needed classes we need to maintain to have adequate forces at most given times. This system is based on MAINs. Say we have 10 warriors, but they all want to play their rangers one night. :P Well those are the only 10 we have as for recruiting purposes, raid seats for warriors are full. (not exact numbers, just illustrating a point) We are a guild of mains, and sometimes seem to have a waiting list for things like raid-ins etc.. it just makes sense to reward mains more richly than alts.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby saiari » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:31 am

I voted no because
1. It may be taking good loot away from a main
2. It encourages people to gear their mains up more
3. It doesn't help the raid out if someone brings their less geared alt when they could bring their well endowed main
4. If everyone brings their alts we wouldnt win anything
5. If the raid leader requests your alts presence I think that should be allowed cuz sometimes it is needed for purposes of the raid
and i'm really tired now so ill shut up....lol
saiari

Postby Ceruis » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:34 am

I vote yes with no restrictions because sometimes people get tired of playing the same toon all the time on raids. I think that we can rely on the common sense of our guild members not to bring an alt that brings nothing to the table i.e. a lvl 54 wood elf warrior. Let them earn all the DKP they want with their alts, just set a reasonable bid limit.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Bilnick » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:45 am

Ceruis wrote:I think that we can rely on the common sense of our guild members not to bring an alt that brings nothing to the table i.e. a lvl 54 wood elf warrior.

Most people do bring the appropriate character to a raid.....except for backflag hits. One or two people bringing thier 4khp enchanter alt will not kill a full raid, but if 5 or 6 do, all of a sudden 10% of the raid is dead weight. For difficult hits like Uqua, 1 or 2 people can make a difference. Yeah it would be nice if person X had thier main and second character Qvic flagged, but in my opinion it is more important to have as many guildies as possible with at least one character flagged.

My paladin has every flag TF has aquired, how many raidleaders are going to want me to bring my ornate geared magician instead of my paladin to the next backflag hit?
Bilnick
Officer

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:33 am

Fnord wants TF to only have mains raid. Which is I think the same posistion of a few others. He is right - prolly shoulda had a "no" option in there just to track exactly how many dont' want alts at all. Shrug I don't think it would carry but it would track that faction.

My position on the matter is that I would rather win an event because someone logged in their cleric as opposed to sending 40+ ppl home.

So until I change my mind and would rather NOT hold raids than have raids succeed, this faction may as well not raid with alts present.

Or start leading raids without alts allowed ;) I won't stop that faction from doing so.
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:18 am

...this faction may as well not raid with alts present. Or start leading raids without alts allowed ;) I won't stop that faction from doing so.

This faction is well aware that it is in the minority. If you would like this faction to stop giving opinions when asked, I'm sure that can be arranged as well.

Anyway, Serano mistated this faction's position. We're not against alts raiding, only boxes. Everyone needs a break. Our position is just that they should never gain DKP for choosing the alt over the main.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Bilnick » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:27 am

Your faction with Fnord could not possibly get any worse.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Ceruis » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:37 pm

Bil Wrote
Most people do bring the appropriate character to a raid.....except for backflag hits. One or two people bringing thier 4khp enchanter alt will not kill a full raid, but if 5 or 6 do, all of a sudden 10% of the raid is dead weight. For difficult hits like Uqua, 1 or 2 people can make a difference. Yeah it would be nice if person X had thier main and second character Qvic flagged, but in my opinion it is more important to have as many guildies as possible with at least one character flagged

I don't think that a problem becuz the Raid Leader configures the raid for success. He/She sees too many alts or wrong mix of toons he can ask for volunteers to switch toons. If everyone wants to be hard headed he can just scrub the raid and after doing that a few times people will get point. But really I don't see a big problem with that, because most people will switch toons when asked.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Next

Return to Guild Policies