Blacksmithing

Moderator: Officers

Blacksmithing

Postby Torizzt Darkwolf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:06 pm

Hello everyone ...as some of the members of the guild know Im one of those tradeskill sickos so I have a favfor to ask of our members.Im working blacksmithing atm and Im at 222 ..if you have any of the following items you would like me to combine and hope for a skill up and to actually make the item for you or you would just like to donate them I would appreciate it very much.All combines for guildies are allways free.

Bazu Blooc

Bazu Skin

Tanned Damaged Bazu Skin

Damaged Bazu Skin

Pyrilen Flame

Tanned Ruined Bazu Skin

Ruined Bazu Skin

Pristine Bazu Skin

Tanned Bazu Skin

Any Broken / Twisted / Cracked / Worn / Damaged / Splintered / Smashed / Dented / Bent / Mangled / Gashed ....Magnetized Armor Pieces.

Any help is allways greatly appreciated

Thanks Torizzt
Torizzt Darkwolf

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:37 am

Stand in line tor, there are currently several members looking for the exact same stuff., myself for one. Best advice I can give is bite the bullet and do the vah shir smithing quests and farm the war in hollowshade moor before they nerf the hell outta it like has been proposed by SOE. Ive been trying to farm the war but its so blasted boring and such a pita getting the correct mobs to be up to spawn I'm making very slow progress at it. As far as the bazu bloods and magnetic pieces are concerned I have been snagging anything in guild bank, and making em into upgrades free of charge for other guildies. I figure guild donated for free they go back to guild for free. Since the server merge there has been zero bazu/magnetic stuffs donated to guild bank. Dunno if this is due to other peeps giving em to players straight out, not many peeps hunting in the overpopulated wos zone or peeps selling the stuff in bazaar to a new market of noobs. Good luck on skilling up man your gonna need it as well as a large bank account to support your habit.
Azzenkar Emberune

tradeskills

Postby Lemme » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:39 am

Might want to save any combines you get for a week. Supposedly the minimum chance to skill up enhancement is coming this next patch. Would hate to do some combines and then find out that magnetic and bazu armor is on that list.
Lemme

Postby Serano » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:37 am

And you missed the big dump of bazu parts I gave to Azzenkar that one day.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

bah

Postby Lemme » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:45 pm

Wah, I want a big dump of magnetic pieces too.

Just my viewing, but magnetic doesnt seem to be selling very well in bazaar, and the price for broken pieces seems to be insane. Havent bought any broken pieces in ages. Never seen a piece drop myself, and my supplier seems to be playing alts now.

Wtb a good skill up route for smithing. Sickles are just sick, too many subcombines.
Lemme

Postby Meso » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:20 am

Trust me you DO NOT want to do Bazu or magnetic as a skillup path.

Average is 20 combine attempts per skill point.

At 222 I can't believe Pyrilen flame is even on your list. The cost and risk is just too high. At 250 I did a Pyrilen flame combine and was quite nervous. ( 4 flames at 20k each )

There is no easy route. Each path has it's own pains and pitfalls.
The least expensive path is the vah shir route. Work the war for the wolves and owlbears. You don't even have to work the war anymore, it's pretty much on a cycle unless someone sways it. If in a hurry get a wizzy to tag along and AE.
This used to piss me off immensly as I tried to solo the kills and some ace would run thru and aggro tag the whole of the islands. But if nobody else is there it is quite efficient. Just please be considerate of others.

Past 250 it becomes quite painful to proceed with any speed. I liked Sickles when they would sell to get back some of the investment. Lately they don't sell well as too many are using them to skill up. So I have found an alternate use for them - tribute.

They are a major PITA with some 22 combines per sickle. If you get organized and do batches of subcombines with an alt to hold stock it's not too bad.
They cost approx 400pp to make and tribute for about 1300pp. Most of my toons have very nice tribute accounts now.

To keep semi-sane with finances you have to try to maxamize your success rate. Blacksmithing and Salvage AA for this aspect as well as geerlok or trophy.
Wisdom or Int, or Strength for better skillup. I have used a special gear set with wisdom stats in combination with KEI and some focus (preferably Wunshi).

I just hit 280 (294 with trophy) and expect to spend about 100K to go to the top. I seem to have averaged 5k - 6k cost per skill point.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

bah

Postby Lemme » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:49 am

I made myself four charged magnetic pieces at 224 plus 10 percent. No failures. Dont think I have had any failures making magnetic pieces, and just one making bazu. Not like the bad old days of velious tailoring.

Personally, Im still hoping the min chance to skill up will help. Yeah, I might be a dreamer, but its my only hope. Sickles are just sick...Im actually hoping they lower the trivial on sickles...more successes would make it less painful, and less points to get would get it over with faster.
Lemme

Postby Meso » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:39 pm

Try Harbinger's spire for magnetic pieces.
Meso
Officer

wow

Postby bill » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:09 pm

I never...ever...thought I would do this but...

I'm going to take up Blacksmithing with Drannor. Just a little for a quest I am working on but....its calling for a skill of around 231 and I figured I have about 85k to burn to get me started..

Teen kinda got me interested with an intro to Brewing. Thanks for that Teen, not sure if I am happy or mad at you ;)

Anyhow if anyone could drop me with some hints as to the best way to get to 100 / 200 I would appreciate it.

Otherwise I am omw to eqtraders!
bill

blacksmithing

Postby Lemme » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:45 pm

Make lots of metal bits.

Lanterns to like 66 ish.

Sewing needles or embroidery needles (forget the name) to like 122.

Look at making your cultural sewing kits to 162 ish.

Then its fine plate to 188.

Now its tough. I did a bunch of the enchanted velium bits, trivials at 222, but has zero resale value, and last I knew, was a manual combine (had to place the components in the forge) because its a quest recipe.
Lemme

Postby Serano » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:10 pm

personally I did the 122 to 163 hump by doing goblin smithing. All the parts USED to drop in Nurga and droga - but now most of the parts ONLY drop in frontier mountain. I think Droga has had 4 revamps?

Regardless - those parts were SIMPLE to farm when I was exping an alt thru one of those zones - which OBTW your cleric / necro team is the right level to exp in Frontier mountains. Which has the side benifit of collecting tons of goblin skins for the charok faction quest. plus you can merchant dive around FM merchants to get free parts. Well practically free considering the cost vs regular smithing components.

from memory - deathsteel ore, goblin brew and goblin salts are the only parts you need. then you buy cheap molds and skill up with worthlless deathsteel weapons! They max out at I think 163/164 with the polearm?

AND THEN -- I stoped. heh. never got smithing past 163. meh. maybe next. got over the trades itch maxing brewing and fletching to 300 and havn't got it back yet - don't know if pottery or smithing is next.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Meso » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:10 pm

The Abysmal Sea quest will get you to 55 for free. NO METAL BITS!! Ahhh
then toolboxes and lanterns till you can do Ornate Chain.
Ornate chain thru gold. The platinum chain gets pricey.
Then Fine Plate.
Then LDON smithing is a good option.
After that run the Vah Shir smithing route and then velium bits.
Farm Sol A for fine steel weapons and cash. I kept FS daggers (best weight ratio) and sold all others to the gnome.

We gotta wait and see how all this changes with the next patch. If I can give any advise lemme know.

Addicted to Smithing.

Oerin
Meso
Officer

Postby Meso » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:00 am

Acrylia chain and plate also work. Only drawback is windstones. But acrylia plate used to sell well.
Meso
Officer

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm

Acrylia is a pita....windstones and essence of wind. only place ive found that drops the essence is the air elementals in twilight sea. So ok mage decide if ya like faction with them elementals. If you plan on doing vah shir smithing do so fast ....SOE is planning on nerfing the hell outta the triv on those combine " to better reflect the net result of the combine" ie they gonna lower the triv cause the items ya make are soooo crappy. Past skill of 248 is where things are looking real ugly for me. Possible options are PoP smithing....wee farm a ton for very rare drops, spend entirely too much plat i dont have...solstice sickles, Black acrylia ....bleh the akheva blood is a pain to get due to rareness. If anybody has a suggestion I'm all ears. Plat is very limited as I am on dial up and cant vendor stuff, my time is limited so would rather go group with peeps than sit farming crap, and I cant forage or track.
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby Meso » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:49 pm

exp in the deeper GoD zones may be some option with hopes of shimmering nihilite and ore. Rare drops but the weapons smithing may be fruitful.
It's all dependant on what happens with the patch. The last few points I've got have been hard won and the ratio is going up from 1 in 20 combines to 2 points in the last 60 combines. I don't want GM cultural to be an effort in leveling. The metallic drake scales are too hard to come by. I want to be max'd skill with the AAs before I go there. But for the next 14 points i'm pretty sure I won't be able to count on sickles.
The patch will take some things away from us. hopefully it will give another path.
Meso
Officer

Next

Return to Trade Skill Discussion