Tailoring/Smithing Ideas?

Moderator: Officers

Tailoring/Smithing Ideas?

Postby Skel » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:35 am

I've been working on Skel's tradeskills for a while now, trying to get them up to par for the shawl combines. Almost all the skills are over in the 180-190 range, but taloring and smithing remain painfully low (tailoring 117, smithing 123).

So if anyone has suggestions for tricks to get these higher let me know. I HAVE checked EQTraders, but i'm working on a serious budget i can't afford to buy a whole bunch of things.

I may well be asking the impossible, but if anyone's got feedback it's much appreciated

Thanx,
Skel
Skel

Postby Serano » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:15 am

I did smithing for free from where you are to 163 using all of the frree goblin smithing things from Droga --- apparently now that all drops in Frontier mountain off of goblins - havn't tested it tho.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Droga?

Postby Skel » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:27 am

i'm not familiar with that method ... Droga gobbies drop smithing items? Have only been there once or so and was a plow-the-road operation to snag AA exp so no one looted.
Skel

Postby Serano » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:13 am

They stopped after the 3rd or 4th revamp of Droga - but if the same stuff drops in FM - that is a free way to get supplies. The differance was when I was doing it - I was exping in Droga, so the drops were a bonus without having to farm them. Since FM is all green - it might just be so much drudgery to farm there.

The drops needed are goblin salts, deathsteal ore, and goblin bbrew. I think I recently got rid of all the extra brew I had cause I thought that the parts didn't drop anymore until I heard about them dropping in FM
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:35 pm

If you're the patient type, you can go kill adult/mature rockhoppers in Mons Letalis. I don't know your level, but these are decent exp up through about 60, with the nice bonus of dropping hides that can take you all the way to 242.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:41 am

Skel look me up in game I currently save any ldon smithing items that happen to drop and bank em on a mule. This will get you to skill 211ish as I recall. ATM it isnt more than about 40 or 50 temper materials. you still would need to vendor purchase the padding and ore but the offer is there is your serious about smithing.

Azzenkar Emberune
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby Meso » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:23 pm

Old post I know but this might be some help to somebody.

Farm Sol A. Lots of fine steel and HQ ore as well as gems and other items.
I used to farm there a lot. Be sure to have weight reduction packs and as many slots as possible. When you are full go to the gnome vendor. keep all the gems, Fine steel daggers, and large bricks of HQ ore. Sell everything else.

Stackable gems weigh less than the coin you'ld sell em for so sell them when you get to town. daggers have the best weight to profit ratio so sell the other FS weapons.

To convert small coin to plat buy fiery ore and sell it back. You lose about 15% but save a bunch of weight. When you buy something it uses the smallest coins first so this is a bit better than destroying silver and gold. Copper not worth the trouble it just weighs too much.

Farm more, rinse, repeat until your packs are full of gems, daggers, HQ ore, and plat. When you are encumbered head for town, sell the gems, bank the con, and convert the FS daggers in the forge.

Use your first profits to invest in a couple Tink bags to maximize your takeout.

I use a similar method in Rathe except I sell everything and buy opals, much lighter than coin.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Return to Trade Skill Discussion