RESEARCH!!!

Moderator: Officers

RESEARCH!!!

Postby Serano » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:00 am

hey Fnord and FIngor - I presume you two are our house researchers - but didn't see you post your research skill in the trades thread. Either way what are you guys and does anyone else have research? what is the cap?

Thanks to a drop last night - we have a combine that needs to be made.

AND - I finnaly got ONE drop for KEI - of 4. Jeez. rare as hell those drops.

Ser
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Fingor » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:56 am

Didnt think to put Research skill in Tradeskills, but to answer your question, the Cap is 200, without geerlok, 210 with Geerlok. And Fingors Research is maxed.

I will edit the tradeskill post to reflect this, also Gorfin has Wizard Research skill of about 170.
Fingor

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:27 pm

Azzy has maxxed research skill as well, and my alt mules are chock full of that kinda stuff. Missing a couple critical ingredients but I do have all of the common to somewhat uncommon drops stashed somewhere. Int casters CAN do research for healer types but can only do research for their own caster class.... ie a mage cant research necro spells. This is what my understanding of how it works...if anyone knows for sure otherwise let me know. I have researched most of Kaylars spells (thx for a couple key ingredients calthine) and would be happy to lend my skills to anyone who needs it.

Azzy
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:32 pm

I never did finish my research /shrug

So see Azz / Fingor for combines :)
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Serano » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:13 pm

doh I think I put the wrong page in the bank. have to check it tommorow for the combine.

Ser
Serano
Officer

skill of 170

Postby print » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:00 pm

I have enough points to make 200.
print

Postby Serano » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:10 pm

correct int casters can only research their own ( according to what I read when over 50 research came out) but can research all priest classes each.

Azz - feel free to examine the guild bank for any rare components you have - there is a link in members - calth updates it once a month. I drop virtually EVERY over 50 research component that I loot whether raid or grouping TF or not - I never sell them. I don't know if any other officers get research drops from other players or not - but I do not typicaly recieve them. Not a big deal - but it would be great to get some of the rare ones for free. As the ammount of researchable spells is pretty huge, I of course would recomend that if we can use a research drop to make a triv spell or SAVE it for another rare spell - we save them for the rare ones. Other than that - like with spells if peeps need it - they NEED to check it out. NOW... clean out the bank. I might want to cancel that account sometime. I renew the account in Aug I think maybe in July - but I think I might want to cancel it before it renews in the winter, well unless people want to keep it. I dunno, with fewer TFs under 60 - most of those spells and research items are obsolete.

Ser
Serano
Officer

Return to Trade Skill Discussion