Farming Isle 7 for crowns / Cash

Moderator: Officers

Farming Isle 7 for crowns / Cash

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:07 am

Took 4 peeps up to Isle 7 - was planning on killing drakesas they respawned but we were a little slow in getting up there and got up to Isle 7 completely respawned.

Cleared all the drakes in about 90 minutes with 4 peeps and my rez bot. If the rez bot isn't healing on uncertain pulls she can rez up in case of a bad pull.

Only netted ONE crown by clearing drakes - and as you should remember -you can get a crown from ANY mob on the isle. So when the drakes respawn - they "could" have none or some on them. Killing Sphinxs is an ugly proposistion with only one half a group so left them alone.

Going for selling the crown at 100k for now - and will see if it goes - if not gonna lower the price to like 80k in a week or so. So - if I only have about 90 minutes to play and I feel like farming a cash drop - you might see me in sky with a couple peeps randomly. Feel free to go yourself - just get a vet to show you the only 2 pull spots for the drakes. They are on the front corners of the ariely race track only. tough pull for a bit until you learn it and walk the pull back slowlly.

On the raid forum is a list of the 25 or so peeps I have fully keyed to Isle 7 - which if I Recall is 2 necros and 1 SK so you can even do corpse summons if you want to arrange with them.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Keys

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:41 am

You think 1-2 groups could get the key(s) for Isles 7 & 8 or are we talking full raid?

I still wanna complete my key set and I've been thinking about pulling some people together to do it, but I don't know the zone very well.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:42 pm

1 -2 groups CAN do all of sky.

Only real issue is DPS on Spiroc. He is pretty magic resist AS in most forms of magic so you have a struggle getting him down with low DPS before you lose all your DPS. But ultimatly not bad.

For the minimal group in sky (to get keys that is say if you were going from scratch). This is considering level 65 - 70 players that really work good together.

1 knight
1 knight or Ranger/BL
1 Rogue (for Boss kills)
1 cleric (you will have deaths due to DTing bosses.
1 Necro (everyone loves a necro)
1 chanter that is on the game.
1 goofydoofy (since you wanted to do it in the first place)

That group SHOULD be able to kill the boss mobs fast enough.

Best strat I would use for the Keeper Of Souls is to sac your chanter and then max DISC and AA on KoS. Give the chanter some love because he is really going to help you on the next Isle. SO long as you don't aggro the Spiroc lord on your first pull of Isle 5 even if you get all 14 or so of the spirocs at least you should be able to slaughter them NP> just remember they blind. Always kill the Vanquishers FIRST no matter what.

Once you destroy that Isle - and nothing but the SL is up - I would recomend the same strat as KoS - Sac the Chanter as the DT sac - this is considering that you are only going with the group I listed above. Better still to bring a sac box along but that is up to you. Make sure before you engage the SL that the SG is down.

Bee Isle might be tricky with only one chanter but shouldn't be a prob. You will be fighting with 3 bees - the original Center bee MUST be killed last. each of the other two wasps spawn double wasps when they die - so you will have to be prepared to tank mez that. With a minimalist group I would have the 2nd tank/ranger/BL Tank mez/kite the RIGHT bee. have the chanter mez the middle bee and the main tank get the left bee.

when they split the necro can have his pet tank mez the one spawn while the main tank tanks the other and then the spawn from it. Then the group can kill the other bee then its spawn. then relieve the kiter/tank mezzer and kill his bee and its chain. med up a bit before taking the chanters mezzed center bee.

it will spawn a wasp - then a bixie then the queen bixie. Start any long discs during the bixie fight. Have the NECRO FD at the 1st bixie fight. SOMEONE random will get the first DT - and make sure you have your cleric standing before it pops preferably out of line of sight. Then same as KOS burn burn burn. Since the chanter might not have been the one to get the DT - have him fight for most aggro with highest aggro lines available. If you are lucky - sitting the chanter where you were fighting can get him the first DT sometimes from the bzzazt zat or whatever queen bixie is called. If not - try to get that chanter highest on aggro list in case the fight lasts more than 45 seconds. If the cleric DID NOT get the DT - the necro can stand up as soon as the fight starts and drop every bomb in the aresenal.

After you win - rez up - get your keys and tell sirran "I am the wall" backwards or something - whatever my guide on Alah's says.

Pulling Drake Isle is interesting. YOu have to watch the drakes flight path and hit them with a aggro spell - tangled weed is actually what I use - it always gets resisted and casts in 1/2 a second. then you have to SLOWLY walk it back... it is a caster so you have to wait. if you get very far at all it will get back on its race track and add your aggro around until a sphinx gets it and DTs everyone. the only 2 places I have been able to pull a mob off of the arial race track is at the corners of the sphinx platform - offset a bit from the actual spinxes. Imagine if you will a square track in the air - and you can only pull them off the points of the sqaur the the opening of the windmill is on. If you watch drakes for awhile you will know what I am talking about. Keep your cleric or your Necro out of aggro unless you KNOW it is a clean pull without a drake going rogue and aggroing Sphinxes. ALWAYS pull the TRAIL drake in any flight pattern or your long pull will get adds that will invariably not pull at the same rate and one will go tip off the sphinxes.

After drakes are clear - kill one sphinx at a time - but you only need to kill the front left two and front right two. SPhinxes die quicker than any other DT mob in Sky - spells work far better on them. when killing the side sphinxes with the sister up MAKE sure your group HUGS the outermost rim of the ledge. make sure your puller after the DT sac doesn't do a damage on it so he doesn't get summon. Make sure your DTer doesn't damage it either or it will summon. If it summons instead of pulls you can aggro the Sister in themiddle of the building and you will wipe out fighting 2 DT mobs with one group.

anyways after those four sphinxes are dead - you can send in y our sac and then pull sister out of the building a tad. prolly kill her about where the ramp is. Same strat as spiroc lord.

Same strat for Eye of Veshaan on top isle if you want to kill it.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Info

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll have to round some people up when it seems a few are bored and go knock it out for the hell of it.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby arielyn » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:55 pm

the ariely race track

you missed an N and i'm not a race track...

asshat.

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Return to The Bazaar