PP to RL money

Moderator: Officers

PP to RL money

Postby Ekibyo Drakmord » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:34 pm

I was bored so I looked up EQ at wikpedia.com and i was surprised to see how much plat is equal to a US dollar.

wikipedia.com wrote:The researchers discovered, to their surprise, that EQ's money was in fact more valuable than the Yen (although this is no longer the case; there are now about 2900 platinum to a U.S. dollar which is worth about 113 Yen), and its GDP per capita is higher than that of China and India.

I find it amazing that people will actually spend real life money on something you cant hold in your hand.
Ekibyo Drakmord

Postby Serano » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:26 pm

Um.. you pay a subscription fee and you can't hold that in your hand.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

pp

Postby Lemme » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:41 pm

I think that was just a study on what the eq economy would be if it was in the real world.

I cant believe someone spent time and money to do that.
Lemme

rofl

Postby bill » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:01 pm

I pay car insurance every month.

I have never held my insurance.

hehehe, I know what you mean tho. But the concept is bigger than you lead on to realizing.

What's the stat, 10% of the nation's money isn't virtual.

90% of America's "wealth" is in credit or debt form. Dig that.
bill

Postby Toisrus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:54 pm

I have seen an academic publication analyzing the economy of Norrath and how it holds up against economic principles.
Toisrus

indeed

Postby dantenx » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:55 pm

It's definitly worth RL money.
Not a whole lot though. Last year netted me 14 grand and that was nice, but not enough to keep me from getting a real job. My real job is more like 25 grand a year.

I took this screenshot last month.
rpgreseller.com/moneyshot.jpg
I ate thermal paste in kindergarten.

*Cockwave on
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1164750
*Cockwave off
dantenx

and

Postby dantenx » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:03 pm

by the way, I'm starting to look for someone to take over the business. Anyone living in Boise?

profit split + free room and board. Easy college money for playing your fav game. (you know it's your fav game!)

I've been expanding the business a little bit and am reaching for 2-3k per month this Summer.

*Cockwave on
*Cockwave off
dantenx

Postby Worff » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:10 pm

Hmm why would they have to live in Boise? Sounds totally telecommute lol. Or do you do other things requiring a storefront?
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Boise

Postby dantenx » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:15 am

I said Boise because that way I can train in person, and I also would be able to lend out the use of my computers NP. For half the business, 7 accounts need to be up. The other half requires the ability to run 12.

One of my roomies was supposed to take over for me, but he's too lazy to get stuff done. Takes him a month to get a toon to level 8 because he's too interested in playing other games, won't reprice or restock traders in the baz. Pretty much the worst business partner on earth.

Sounds like Boise didn't get any calls. My next shout out is if there's anyone that is stuck at home due to disability, etc. EQ can be a good income but I want to give the oppertunity to someone that fits the bill as a work at home life and won't be holding themselves back by doing it, but moving forward.

*Cockwave on
*Cockwave off
dantenx

Postby Worff » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:03 am

That would be me hehe :) .. well not disabled, but have been looking for work for quite some time... and/or residual income... so I'm definately interested if its workable. I have 3 comps that run EQ pretty well, sounds like I need more tho lol.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Return to The Bazaar