Bids for Ornates leftover from Minis: ends 1800 13 AUG05 EST

Moderator: Officers

Postby Serano » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:58 pm

Drannor:
We are NOT using the new policy in this auction, that was posted AFTER this thread was begun.

Goofy:
iii) All members via the Forums.
c) After one week if there is no interest in the item, it will be sold for Guild Funds.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Bid

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:32 pm

I guess that is a no. I'd think it was something like raid bidding. Guests get to bid if no members want it. Oh well, just a observation.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:45 pm

yah - as you aren't a member 3 wouldn't apply.

however a day or two after this auction went up we modified our policy somewhat.

henseforth:

- members can bid on raid drops usable only for no drop
- if no member wants a no drop- it is /ran for guests if any

All droppable loot is avail for ALL CLASSES at raid - any droppable loot we dont auc during raid due to time or circumstances - will be avail for bid on by ALL CLASSES that ATTENDED the raid they droped on.
Serano
Officer

Loot

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:37 am

Lol, now I could get a BoC and sell it!! I remember fighting for that option a year ago and getting shut down by everybody. What changed?

And the way I read it now, if I'm at a raid, I can bid on stuff too against members...If its dropable? Or is it members first...then guests? I wasn't clear from last message.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Bids

Postby Warzle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:56 am

Ornate leather wrist: 4dkp
Warzle
62nd Druid
Misty Thicketer
Warzle

Good point

Postby bill » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:01 am

We were thinking of you when the change was made goof.

What changed?

Our content has shifted and the amount/quality of droppable gear has shifted. Attunable gear still is valuable enough where the desired classes generally win the bidding. but the option is there.
bill

Postby Meso » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:42 am

ornate helm 4dkp
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Krysstian » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:40 am

Warzle-60 druid

Who is this person and was he at the minis raid Friday night? I don't recall the name. Do I need to outbid him or does my bid of 3dkp for the ornate leather wrist still stand?

Ornate leather wrist - 5dkp
Ornate leather sleeve - 3dkp (if he's allowed to bid)

3 and 3 if my bid still stands.
Krysstian

aye

Postby bill » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:22 pm

I asked that Krysstian, Serano stated this falls under the old rules. Any guilded can bid. Any non-guildy can bid on anything not being bid on.

Torizzt originally bid 1 on everything to cockblock that. heh.
bill

Postby Warzle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:34 pm

who is this person? I am a proud member of Tribal Fury - thanks for asking.

I was not at the raid but understand that the bidding is open to all members.

ornate leather wrist = 6dkp
Warzle
62nd Druid
Misty Thicketer
Warzle

hehe

Postby bill » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:41 pm

No offense was meant Warzle, Kryss was discussing what I had mentioned about how a change in policy that was made public soon after this was posted would have prevented you from bidding since you were not present.

However, this is under the old guidelines, you are free to bid =)
bill

Postby Serano » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:17 pm

These are the times of changing policy - all future bids on forums will be under new (or whatever is current then) policy - so this is the last hurrah to bid on an item that droped at a raid you weren't at.

Goofy, Under the new policy guests will NEVER get droppable loot unless we dont' notice it or it is so cruddy we don't even want to sell it in the bazaar.

Anything that no members (that were present for said future raids) want to bid on - will be sold on my guild bazaar mule. Who is curiously taged "Twinked Alts."
Serano
Officer

oh yeah

Postby bill » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:39 pm

Forgive my ignorance on that last point, serano is right.
bill

Postby Sadinmagi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:42 pm

When you say that people are bidding that didnt attend the raid, I hope that you take into account that they tend to use their mains name for access to forums and for posts, when they my have been on there 2nd toon or another alt for the raid, and should have right to bid as if it had been done at raid time.

Now since I was on Ruuv at the time, and my bid is ignored on an item in favor of another in attendence on a toon that is the right class for that item, I can accept that. But if none in attendence needs I hope I can bid on the basis of need for an alt, and beyond that I am sure some people will hope that a low DKP bid by them will be accepted even if it is a greed bid by them and item goes to the bazaar. Just resist the temptation to bid to high and outbid a guildie with alts that can actually use an item.
Sadinmagi

guys

Postby bill » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:20 pm

since droppables are all/all, we don't care if you destroy the item after you bid.

Which toon you bid with obviously is important so we can subtract the DKP.

The toon spending the DKP HAS TO HAVE BEEN PRESENT in upcoming situations like this in order to bid.

You can have 85 alts, if the one spending the points wasn't at the raid, that toon cannot bid.

I can't bid on loot with Waystin's DKP on a raid that Drannor attended, dig it?

EDIT
I don't mean to pick on you Sadin don't take it that way, but I want to address this line:

Just resist the temptation to bid to high and outbid a guildie with alts that can actually use an item.

Ultimately, the goal of farming loot is to equip our raiders. Not our raiders alts. Consider that when bidding against raiding toons. Granted those alts can become raiders later on, but we are in now, not later on.

Raolf (the original one) said a funny quote that I've never forgotten.

"Do we raid to get gear to help us group better, or do we group do get loot/xp to help us raid better?"

I've always held this in a rhetorical sense. The answer lies within the individual. I raid to further Tribal Fury. /shrug
bill

PreviousNext

Return to The Bazaar