Fine Steel Weps

Moderator: Officers

Fine Steel Weps

Postby Skel » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:50 pm

Okay --- for those who didn't know, Skel's trying like hell to get tailoring and smithing up to the 200 level. Tailoring i can handle (spiders are cake) but for smithing it looks like the cheapest/easiest route is Ornate Chain. Sellback means i lose about 1pp per combine but i need LOTS of High Quality Metal Rings.

Normally, these are made with HQ ore which is expensive to buy. Even if you farm the raw ore to convert it takes several pieces and a lot of luck to make a dent in the mass or ore i'll need to get 130-190. SO i found out that the ore can ALSO come from metling down Fine Steel weapons. Large weapons give 2 ore pieces, small weapons give 1 ore piece. So far i've managed a lot of success using these to level up but i need LOTS of fine steel. I've been trying to find an ideal spot to farm. Have tried Kaesora, Splitpaw, and a dozen other zones. Rathe isn't too bad but i would appreciate that if anyone lands some Fine Steel and DOESN'T need/want it that i could have/buy it. Vendors sell Fine Steel at 50+ pp which is absurd ...

All i need for tailoring is mass quantities of Viscous Mana (chanter combine).

So to recap: SKEL NEEDS FINE STEEL WEAPONS!!!
Skel

Postby kunglao » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:13 am

I took my BL down to LGuk for some fun ... loads of FS weapons down there ... Sol B might be good, too.
Brother Kunglao Jones
65 Transcendent of Vazaelle, (retired)

World of Warcraft
Otoahhastis, 70 Tauren Druid
Quinlan, 70 Troll Rogue
Vankman, 70 Tauren Shaman

EQ2 - Mistmoore Server
Schfifty Fyve, 32 Warden
Kunglao Jones (reborn), 24 Monk
kunglao

Highscores: 1

Postby Serano » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:22 am

SOL A is MUCH better for FS. The cons ae lower and they drops lots of both HQ ore and FS weapons.
The goblins fall over quick to anyone over 50
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby coldencynikel » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:25 am

I used to camp the IGs in Everfrost for fine steel and pp. Wonder how that would compare to what you've tried.
coldencynikel

hehe

Postby bill » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:14 am

mistmoore yielded truckloads of fine steel while I was last faction farming there.
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:58 pm

Mistmoore & Sol A are both good for that. I bit the bullet and just bought the bricks though. You get back a pretty good percentage when you sell the finished product back to the vendor.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Skel » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:05 pm

Okay i never even considered Mistmoore. Anything i can AE is perfect. Ice Giants do drop thingies, but there's only 3 outside of Permafrost and the Perma ones are too mean for me to farm heavily.

Thx for all the suggestions, gonna log skelly on tonite and check a few of those areas. Looking forward to laying waste to Mistmoore ... i owe those bastards one.

Oh ... and i DID finally finish the Beguile Plant spell quest and it's the suckiest thing know to druids ... but DAMN it was fun AE nuking the ENTIRE Sarnak fort and snaking a few Chokidai Prods while i was at it.
Skel

wow

Postby bill » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:08 pm

holy shit I wish I knew you needed FS back when I was doing factioning in MM. I wasn't even looting bodies....musta been hundreds upon hundreds of weapons rotting....

Plus I was bored out of my fucking skull. If anyone needs Ring of Scale faction GO WITH SKEL! It really stinks solo unless you are ridiculously drunk or high or both or more.
bill

Postby Skel » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:35 am

Yup sure was loads of fun yesterday ... had the whole damn zone to myself. Slaughtered everything in groups of 10+ up to the mid-depth castle (then i had to med and start over). Guess RoS faction is good but i hate the thought of porting my ass to Skyfire just to check it out.

*sigh*

Too much fun smithing.

Yup.
Skel

hehe

Postby bill » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:24 am

If you never went to VP, your faction won't be far off from max. I went from max kos to max ally in about a month or so of off and on farming.

I never bothered checking it till i saw it was maxed.
bill

Postby cexser » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:27 am

damn skel..im in dire need of RoS faction at the minute. its the only thing stopping me from completing uber quest for kick asre back item. ill drop whatever , whenever to help you farm MM. just send me a tell!
cexser

FS weapons?

Postby Tethtau » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:11 am

Has it been so long we forgot one of the biggest FS weapon zones, Unrest? I take teth in and slaughter the zone. The mobs have crap for HP and drop FS like crazy. Not to mention it is one of the least used zones now. Also for smithing if you have indifferent faction to the Vahl do the smithing quest there. by the time you are done you should have 248 in Smithing and the quest is dirt cheap if you farm the materials, Hollowshade drops/Shadeweaver drops.
Tethtau

Return to The Bazaar