Arena Champion Badge

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

Arena Champion Badge

Postby Lyannah » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:55 am

Just throwing out some info on a quest I want to try sometime soon cos it looks like alot of fun. Reward is http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=47628

Basically its 43 waves of mobs getting progressively harder as you go along. Lots of kiting involved. You can leave the task at any time and retry from where you left off. The charm reward is 153 hp/mana/end 10 all stats, 20 ac and 10 avoid, accuracy and 5 hp regen.

Hail Knight Champion Eddard at location +255, -589, +6 in East Freeport to start the instanced.

Throw a slipgear aug in that and it'll be very nice indeed IMO.

Anyone up for it gimme a yell. I need to lose the kobold skull charm.
Lyannah

Postby EQIsenhart » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:28 am

Thats interesting timing I did my first run through some of it we got to wave 32 the orcs wiped and going to regroup our strats for it.

There are 41 waves to be exact though.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Lyannah » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:34 am

Yea from reading alla alot of peps get stuck on 32, there is a whole lot of responses from peeps describing how they dealt with it.

And you are right, 41 waves not 43. Still look like a whole bunch of fun to me :thumbup
Lyannah

Postby Keld » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:05 am

I have tried this, but forgot which wave it was we got to before quitting. I know my charm has at least 40HP on it right now though. For waves with adds I've heard of people kiting adds and having MT or someone else peel one at a time off kiter. This would be really fun to do again and definitely worth it to finish.

Keld

Postby Jimbop » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:12 am

I would love to do this, and finally get rid of my PoP charm. It's currently my oldest piece of stat gear I own.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Charm

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:19 am

I'm in.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Horcrux » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:35 pm

Kiting was no problem for when there was only a few mobs. However, as the mob count started to grow, aggro started to act very weird. Wave 32 I kited all 7 orcs at once. Isen single peeled and they killed 2 orcs in a row. However on the third one aggro got funny. Somehow someone got aggro from me transfered to them, and orcs started peeling off me and onto the group, until eventually all 5 orcs found the group and we wiped. Still thinking of how that happened and how to prevent it.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Deg » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:22 pm

wouldnt mind doin this one either =)
Deg

Postby Yoshikawa » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:31 pm

ill try this, always wanted to
On the black wind forever we ride on together
Destroying your evil with freedom our guide
When the master will storm us
He'll stand high before us
Our hearts filled with splendour
Our swords will shine over the light
___Valley Of The Damned - Dragonforce

Yoshikawa Matsumori - Lv.75 Monk
Yoshikawa

Argo

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:57 am

Yes, I started this yesterday and did up to wave 23 three times for various people. It seems if you do not have constant steady argo on the mobs while kiting, they will sometimes leave the kite and head to the group. I found if I monitor them a simple snare, landable or not, usually brings it back. Not sure the story on how this happens.

All in all though, good times.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Horcrux » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:39 am

Finished wave 32 last night with the 7 red con mobs at start. Had a druid start on the kiting and he did some AE snare I think? He did something that built huge aggro. First orc was semi easy after that for a monk to peel. He peeled 2 orcs and we killed em at the same time. After that, it was near impossible for me or the monk to peel. I melee'd the mob and with 8 anger procs I could not dislodge it from the druid. So had chanter chain cast tash and slow on the orc to finally be able to peel it. However, now the chanter has aggro on all remaining orcs, not just the 1, so she could not come back to camp and group could not cast spells on her for fear of tranfering aggro. First time she peeled I could pull aggro off her cause she had her chanter oh-shit AAs up and lived long enough for me to build up morea ggro than she had. Then she died anywyas and lost aggro. We pulled 2 more single orcs off the train this way, think she died each time but it ended up working. Then just tanked the remaining 2 down at once.

The key here was that whoever was peeling mobs from the kiter can NOT be casted on by the rest of the group, and he can only take the mob half way to the group. Another tagger needs to tag mob from half way to rest of group. The reason for this is who ever peels a mob from kiter, has an ammount of aggro with the rest of the mobs in the kite, even if small they are now on the hate list. If said puller gets back to camp, and say a cleric casts a spell on the puller, the cleric is now on every mob on the kites hate list. Eventually enough aggro will build up by casts by cleric on the puller that it will overpower the kiters aggro and mobs will start peeling off and rushing group.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Jaella » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:57 am

Yep, thats how we did it. Took some practice but we got-er-done :)

Found out the best way to get agro off of me was a warrior getting snap agro in Dev room.

EDIT: Oh, heal pots and runes ftw :jester
Jaella
Tired

Postby Bilnick » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:09 pm

Jaella wrote:was a warrior getting snap agro

Isn't that an oxymoron? :jester
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Jaella » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:12 pm

LOL Bil.

Actually, Drig did very good after 1 x slow and 4+ tashes. I just had to remember to move outta melee range then mob went for him pretty fast :)
Jaella
Tired

Postby EQIsenhart » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:21 pm

Aubrianna posting out L33T strats out here in public! pfft..

Hehe, we did it TWICE similar to how he described I will be working on a detailed strat with maps included.

The best thing is you don't have to have an "uber" group to do this even Time geared people CAN win this thing all the way to max you do however need these if you don't have the gear...

Practice.
Patience.
Teamwork.

I will be posting soon so look for it!
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Next

Return to Quest Discussion