Samples of Corruption Questions

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

Samples of Corruption Questions

Postby Ayragon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Need a wee bit of info....if you please

1) Samples of Corruption can be requested by any properly flagged player. Can they then drop task with any other task member able to get a new container from Othamir*?

2) Samples can be requested on either Hard or Easy?

3) Do mobs in the instance summon?

4) Are they snareable / rootable?

5) On easy, do all the models hit approx the same? And how much? Flurry / Rampage or any of that crap? Ballpark Hitpoints on mobs?

6) Whats the deal with the "a shadow of rage"? Can the charm be resisted? Or can you zone out on them and drop agro?

7) Is the zone in clear to start? Whats repop rate on Easy?

8) Can you compare this mission to another that seems similar?

thanks, any info appreciated.
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Jahras » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:25 pm

1) yes

3) yes

4) i believe most are snare/rootable

5) no, there are some that are distinctivly harder than others. the giants are really pretty mean comparitivly. some of the orc casters have a nasty DoT AE

6) he pops randomly and charms one person. it can not be resisted. the person remains charmed untill the shadow is killed, or depops after a given length or time. pets will not attack the shadow and will often kill the charmed person unexpectedly. just kill teh shadow asap and you should be good to go, he doesnt hit hard

7) zone in is clear, no idea on repop

8) hard to say, it's mostly just a dungeon crawl with the added x-factor of the random charms. gaters have caused near wipes for me more than anything else in there. mob gats.. summons tank, more mobs agro in the area.. etc
Last edited by Jahras on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Reck » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:26 pm

1) Samples of Corruption can be requested by any properly flagged player. Can they then drop task with any other task member able to get a new container from Othamir*?

We have not tried this but we think it will work. What is required for Samples is Completing Saga Skins, Becoming the Vessel and i forget the name of the other solo quest.

2) Samples can be requested on either Hard or Easy?

Yes, Hard exp is insane its equal or even better then using LoTD on easy. But you better have 2 15k+ tanks to try it. Mobs are not pacifiable in the hard version.

3) Do mobs in the instance summon?

Cant remember

4) Are they snareable / rootable?

Yes

5) On easy, do all the models hit approx the same? And how much? Flurry / Rampage or any of that crap? Ballpark Hitpoints on mobs?

They all hit different you will run into white con yellow con and red mobs.

6) Whats the deal with the "a shadow of rage"? Can the charm be resisted? Or can you zone out on them and drop agro?

The shadow of rage is what makes this mission need 2 tanks and 2 healers. It cannot be resisted and will spawn at any time multiple times during a mission. If you zone out the person that is charmed will run deep into zone and well die. So there is no zonig when charmed mob is up. NO AFK in mission, if you need an afk everyone must zone out.

7) Is the zone in clear to start? Whats repop rate on Easy?

Yes the netrance is clear to start. Repop is roughly 1.5/2 hours, repops do not drop bloods.

8) Can you compare this mission to another that seems similar?

There is nothing like this mission, thats what makes it fun.
Reck

Postby Ayragon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:46 pm

ouch....ok thanks, clears things up a lot.

:help
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Naiin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Whats the deal with the "a shadow of rage"? Can the charm be resisted? Or can you zone out on them and drop agro?

The shadow of rage is what makes this mission need 2 tanks and 2 healers. It cannot be resisted and will spawn at any time multiple times during a mission. If you zone out the person that is charmed will run deep into zone and well die. So there is no zonig when charmed mob is up. NO AFK in mission, if you need an afk everyone must zone out.

Guess what... on easy missions you can have two charmers up at the same time.... ask Jaella what fun that can be... also drop DS on all ppl before entering.. a good DS will kill/severly injure a caster if charmed. Everything else is as described above... we had Ranjaling and Isenhart tank/pull for our group and we did well.
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Horcrux » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:08 pm

Two charmers can be up at the same time, but 2 people will not be charmed. If one is up long enough, IE mez parked, it will go inactive then start attacking again (weird bug I'm guessing). When it starts attacking someone again, it will be a normal mob without a charmed pet. However if you keep it mez locked, another charmer can spawn and charm someone while first charmer is locked.

We found this out because I tried to keep a charmer locked while we recovered and rebuffed, and another eventually spawned.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Naiin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:11 pm

Aubrianna wrote:Two charmers can be up at the same time, but 2 people will not be charmed. If one is up long enough, IE mez parked, it will go inactive then start attacking again (weird bug I'm guessing). When it starts attacking someone again, it will be a normal mob without a charmed pet. However if you keep it mez locked, another charmer can spawn and charm someone while first charmer is locked.

We found this out because I tried to keep a charmer locked while we recovered and rebuffed, and another eventually spawned.

/nod... much more eloquently put... and more informative too hehehe
Naiin

Postby Horcrux » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:16 pm

Oh yeah, and there is a certain timer that starts to count down once either a charm mob pops or dies/despawns. If another charm mob spawns during that time, the emote will go off and it will spawn, however it will immediately become inactive. So you can have 2 spawn in 1 minute, however second will not do anything. I'm not sure how long the timer is though.

Horcrux

Postby Naiin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Aubrianna wrote:Oh yeah, and there is a certain timer that starts to count down once either a charm mob pops or dies/despawns. If another charm mob spawns during that time, the emote will go off and it will spawn, however it will immediately become inactive. So you can have 2 spawn in 1 minute, however second will not do anything. I'm not sure how long the timer is though.

We had one mob charm parked as Aub described in his post... and all happened as he said.. other mob popped and charmed no one.. the original mob went tottally unattackable.. i tried to nuke it to wake it and kill it.." Your spell will not hold" was the message... on a DD nuke.. not a buff LOL. Just watching the behaivior on the ONLY sample mission I have been on... it definately seemed "bugged"
Naiin

Postby Horcrux » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:22 pm

It does seem very buggy and weird. But its very consistant behavior I've noticed. If its a bug, atleast it happens all the time.

Horcrux

Postby Yoshikawa » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:13 pm

3) they summon in both normal and hard

....But you better have 2 15k+ tanks to try it.....

i call BS on that, isen and i can both tank samples hard, mobs only hit me about 100-300 damage per swing higher
On the black wind forever we ride on together
Destroying your evil with freedom our guide
When the master will storm us
He'll stand high before us
Our hearts filled with splendour
Our swords will shine over the light
___Valley Of The Damned - Dragonforce

Yoshikawa Matsumori - Lv.75 Monk
Yoshikawa

Postby Lyannah » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Can we get a list somewhere of people that can request samples? Its hard enough finding a perfect group for this mission, let alone having to hunt down one of the few that can request it. In a related note, if anyone is doing one and sees me on pls sent me a tell - its the last thing I need to complete key.

Also, I'm all for helping guildies out for punching out sky3 (as many would have seen the other day when I had a queue waiting for me to finish one and start another). I want as many people flagged as possible, and if thats the best way I can help I'm all for that. But PLEASE make sure the group you have put together can handle the one and only mob you have to kill. I don't want to be offensive to anyone, but I'd rather not bother going through sky3 for you if the final named is going to be attempted by a tank with ranger heals and no slow on the mob. He quads, flurries, ramps and hits for up to 2.2k - so make sure your tank is solid, heals are plentiful and the mob is slowed.

EDIT: NM about the list, just saw the ToB list compiled in player journals. Are you sure shobie can request it though? I was grouped with Shobie not long ago and had to get Deg to join because noone in group could request it.
Lyannah

Return to Quest Discussion