2.0s or not?

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

2.0s or not?

Postby Serano » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:02 pm

CUT FROM the post your next quest thread:

and we have NO policy against doing any hit that someone can spawn for a 2.0 In fact the chest rewards for 2,0 hits make them worth doing. so by all means peeps should post them.

since when is sadim not in the guild? or are you thinking of sadinmagi?
Last edited by Serano on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Horcrux » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:12 pm

2.0s are out. I asked people to stop freaking out about them, but we haven't even started them yet and people are already whining.

Uilea put it bluntly and honestly without going into more detail in that post. I know its not guild policy. Epics in general are such a PITA to schedule. Last night we could barely do 2 hits without people whining about wanting real loot targets. The thought of working someones 2.0 when we arent close to being able to finish them right now is even more drama. I'm just going to leave it at that for now. However we raid what the guild wants to raid. If the guild wants to start plowing 2.0s, we'll do them. However we have seen the very exact opposite of this so far.

And I'm sorry I must have gotten Sadim and Sadinmagi mixed up.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Ranjaling » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Was cleaning them up for you Aub and I accidentally deleted Gildans post. If she still needs the hit please have her on priority as her post was right after Sadim's.

Sorry Gildan
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Horcrux » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:39 pm

Yeah she still needs hit and she has priority.

Horcrux

Postby Serano » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:41 am

Uilea put it bluntly and honestly without going into more detail in that post. I know its not guild policy. Epics in general are such a PITA to schedule. Last night we could barely do 2 hits without people whining about wanting real loot targets. The thought of working someones 2.0 when we arent close to being able to finish them right now is even more drama.

Yes Uilea made a post somewhere back that her priority would not be raids past 1.5 for peeps. There was a time when we strongly discouraged the same. however - practically all classes first raids post 1.5 are just as easy to beat as their predecessors and yield Quarm quality loot. 2.0s are a valid target for peeps to request on their my next quest hit list. As we should note there are only about 4 peeps with current quests on there right now anyways. So her focus was working quests she knew about and felt she had the force for - and raids that would progress us and yield loot. That did not establish an anti 2.0 policy for TF

SO -- our official guild policy is - post the quest you are working on and maybe someone will get to it. Regardless of if there is a . in it or not.

The official Serano policy is that I will not log on and stop what I am doing because you are saying in /gu who wants to help me in X zone to kill the next part of my quest. I might have nothing to do and will join you - but otherwise try out my Guide.
Serano
Officer

Postby Uilea » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:54 am

I wanted to do them for exactly that reason Ser (good lewtz) but right now we still have people needing their 1.5s and 2.0s are a can of worms I'm almost afraid to open. Some of the pms I got from people stopped just short of being threats about making sure they got theirs done first. Eventualy, yes, we will do them. In fact it may be really soon if we keep getting cockblocked in Ink and need some loot mobs. But right now they are not being considered for a target by any RL, so they just gum up this thread that's supposed to be a reference for rls.

Can we make another thread for 2.0 hits? It's not that they won't be done just that we're not working on them now, and having a nice reference thread without requests we aren't currently working towards is helpful.
Uilea

Epics

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:45 pm

I would think you would want to finish off 1.5 epics before you worry about 2.0 epics. Until you are one MPG trial away, which will probably be Endurance, why bother? A lot of the 2.0 epic mobs can be soloed or 1-2 grouped. Let the person worry about getting it done themsevles until they have no other path to take except pull in a raid for a kill. The loot is only 210 or so gear. You guys farm mobs with must better loot.

I would think if you start hitting 2.0 mobs and getting people to the point where all they need is the Anguish globe, and then they have to wait months and months to get access to that zone, you are going to give them the thought that maybe they need to leave TF to goto a guild that can get them their globe. Hopefully you don't have any fucks that think like that, but we all know how that goes.

Just some random ramblings...
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:45 pm

nope.

2.0 = 1.5 = non weapon quests.

All quests are equal in TF.

Don't post it - I don't track it. Raid leaders have the option of limiting the scope of what hits they are willing to run. Some raid leaders will simply NOT run a raid in obsolete content and some will not lead a raid into something we have not seen.

So - having multiple threads for differant quest types is not productive. One thread to rule them all.

There will never be 100% completion on all 1.5s. We have currently more peeps with a 1.5 than are working one. Look at the BOOMING quest request thread. So far as we care - only those in that thread are interested incompleting theirs. so the gates are open to request ANY quest hit you are working on that requires 18 or more peeps to suceed.

Any quest that requires 17 or less peeps to win - please schedule it yourself on a Sun, Mon, Wed. Much like I did for Tearrin's sky hit. As it turned out- more than 17 showed so a call was made to make it a DKP raid - and so it was. The same MIGHT happen to your quest hit if more than is needed show up and an officer is present.

FYI _ when we are in ANguish - the Epic 2.0 drops will be DKPed until they are rotting. (there is no fair way to decide which peeps get that loot first which for many Epic 2.0 is the only key/roadblock thing needed)

and in the vein - TF has a long history of getting ready for something before we are there. I had my VT key minus my Drop from Emp for a LONG LONG time. We have peeps that are almost done or have their signits done. We didn't wait until we had a Time flag to get to level 65, we didn't wait until we had beat Time to start GoD. preping the battlefield on hits that are accessible RIGHT now - and yeild good loot is fine. Whether they do their pre-hits now or after anguish access - they will still be waiting the same amount of time. having 25 - 40 peeps wearing 1 -3 loots from 2.0 chests will help future encounters.
Last edited by Serano on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Postby Angyish » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:51 pm

One thread to rule them all.

the word association thread?
Angyish hatesyouall
\www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1257831
my video (http://media.putfile.com/pactum)
retired
Angyish

Postby Horcrux » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:16 pm

If someone wants to lead the 2.0 raids and handle all the bitching and whining, and all that comes with it be my guest. I wouldnt mind the night off. In my opinion 2.0 hits are very very much different than 1.5 hits or other quest hits because of the fact they can not be compelted right now. Add to the fact that the effort it takes do do some of the 2.0 hits to yield 1 piece of 210hp gear is more than, say, Volkana (as an example) who yields more and better loot. Or heck, even an Msha which can yield twice the loot.

Horcrux

Postby Worff » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:33 pm

Personally I'm in no rush for 2.0 .. will be nice tho when it comes :) I have to agree with Serano tho on the fact that we start many many quests {cough -BIC- cough}(and now they are all stuck on Crag Queen or something) that drag on forever, and some of those are ones we can't complete yet. A quest is a quest is a quest. VP and VT keys for example took MONTHS .. and I think I can count on one hand the VT raids I got in and the occasional VP groups.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with prepping in advance so when a time comes you are ready. That being said tho, don't expect raid leaders to plan a hit immediately that we obviously have months to complete, but who knows, have it posted and maybe one will... just dont expect it and you wont be disappointed! /NOD I know I'll get a couple groups goin one day for my 2.0 hits that don't require full raid, but again not in that big a hurry since I know I have months to complete it hehe.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Uilea » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:45 pm

just dont expect it and you wont be disappointed! /NOD

This is the problem, you say 2.0 and its like people think they're back in kindergarden. I want MINE first MEMEME SHE CUT IN FROM OF ME. I'M TELLING
Uilea

Re: Epics

Postby Naiin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:57 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:I would think you would want to finish off 1.5 epics before you worry about 2.0 epics. Until you are one MPG trial away, which will probably be Endurance, why bother? A lot of the 2.0 epic mobs can be soloed or 1-2 grouped. Let the person worry about getting it done themsevles until they have no other path to take except pull in a raid for a kill. The loot is only 210 or so gear. You guys farm mobs with must better loot.

I would think if you start hitting 2.0 mobs and getting people to the point where all they need is the Anguish globe, and then they have to wait months and months to get access to that zone, you are going to give them the thought that maybe they need to leave TF to goto a guild that can get them their globe. Hopefully you don't have any fucks that think like that, but we all know how that goes.

OMG.... this makes sense... and is not insulting..... Is this the real Goofy?
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Goofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:51 am

Who the fuck took over my ID?!?

Bitches, you all!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Re: Epics

Postby Skiba » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:44 am

Goofydoofy wrote:I would think you would want to finish off 1.5 epics before you worry about 2.0 epics. Until you are one MPG trial away, which will probably be Endurance, why bother? A lot of the 2.0 epic mobs can be soloed or 1-2 grouped. Let the person worry about getting it done themsevles until they have no other path to take except pull in a raid for a kill. The loot is only 210 or so gear. You guys farm mobs with must better loot.

yeah this sums up my thoughts pretty much too. it really isnt worth it to focus on getting the hits till the mpg trails are over. working on the smaller hits on off nights is not bad since they are new encounters for some which make it interesting.

Uilea wrote:This is the problem, you say 2.0 and its like people think they're back in kindergarden. I want MINE first MEMEME SHE CUT IN FROM OF ME. I'M TELLING

yeah isnt there a guild rule of needing to help out in other quests i would like to say 12 times before people recieve help? maybe things can be reworked once we get to that fork in the road.

click that!
Skiba

Next

Return to Quest Discussion