WTB group for 1.0 drops PST

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

WTB group for 1.0 drops PST

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:57 am

OK, I know he's an alt and all, but I'm dangerously close to finishing Bardomen's 1.0. I am 4 kills away, and I'm sure some people need drops for alts (and maybe a main who wants to finish a 1.0 they never got) that are on the same mobs/zones. I'm posting this to let you know what I'm working on so 1. I can get help 2. I can make sure nothing needed rots 3. no opportunity to hit something you've put off forever goes by.

:guitar Skyfire - Eldrig Teh Old (will solo once the bug is fixed or fabled talendor is gone)

:guitar Plane of Fear - Amygdalen - tentacle whip (should be one average TF group to smash this guy)

:guitar Phinny - backbone - I have this fool on a timer now. Killed at 3am EST by Tavox. I'll be sitting in his room at 1pm. He's on a 12 +/-1 hour spawn timer (I'm sure everyone knows this by now) Tonight's kill yielded a wizzy and mage epic drop, PST for MQ

:guitar Trakanon (Triggered) -
You turn in your epic lute body to this UDB. He returns the lute body immediately (appears in your inventory), becomes enraged, he needs to be killed. He is around level 55-56. Ask to have Rune V cast on you, as the Undead Bard will hit hard, this way you can make it back to your group alive. When the enraged undead bard is killed, Trakanon spawns. He drops Trak guts 100% of the time, and also drops a Trakanonian BP or class chest item (random) but no teeth. If you don't kill this Trakanon in time, the Trak clone will despawn after 20 minutes. UDB will not respawn until another 18 +/- 4 hours. If the real Trakanon spawns during this time, he will kill the UDB.

These mobs are so old that everyone knows them and everyone's seen/killed them, so I'm not about to post strats (unless someone wants to know them) but nothing I have left should take more than a trio or group. Anytime I can log baro on I will to tank whichever parts but trak because bardo has to trigger his spawn.
Last edited by Baromen on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

:punch: <--click me-->:-({|=
Baromen
Lurker

Postby Serano » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:54 am

Skyfire - Eldrig Teh Old (will solo once the bug is fixed or fabled talendor is gone)

"recomendation"

Get a tracker and play baromen with your bard camped out -and friggin kill everything. make sure to report in /gu if a pearlescent drops --- until this freak spawns.

Plane of Fear - Amygdalen - tentacle whip

CHeck with aboobaka, briksx or Forsaker - I seem to recall one of them having an MQ left on this - I might be wrong. Dran and I finnaly got rid of ours!!! Meanwhile I think Brotta is always looking to go to fear to get some drop off of a frightling.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:03 am

I'm helping a cleric friend get his last pearl tomorrow with baro, so hopefully we can find a tracker to find eldrig...

only problem is fabled talendor is in the trail of tears with all the other mobs in skyfire. If he paths over (and it's damn hard to see) he will smash me (war or bard), the cleric, the tracker, and a raid of less than 40 well geared people.

oh, and if anyone who can solo phinny is going to be on between 1pm and 4pm EST who wouldn't mind being on call for a phinny slaying, let me know

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Serano » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:18 am

I bet TF with everyone poping resist could smoke fabled talendar.
Serano
Officer

Postby Rule » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 am

brotta needs eyezriell sword thingy still?
Rule

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Thanks to Sadinmagi I now have my kedge backbone... phinny is no more

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:59 pm

Serano wrote:I bet TF with everyone poping resist could smoke fabled talendar.

dude, I know we could. He's not THAT tough, he's just got a nasty AE which would need to either be resisted or have people RGCing. His hits are no harder than a named in MPG or RSS. Hit my buddy who's a 2.3kAC warrior for about 1500 to 2000 max and didn't quad or anything

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:34 pm

Fear DONE! One group highlighted by Jaella who did another awesoem job even though some rookie bard pulled about 20 at a time.

skyfire is on hold until I can highsun

Trakk is on hold until fabled is no more (I will go to old seb and try to track the UDB so I can figure out his spawn timer)

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Bilnick » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:52 pm

UDB spawns within 24 hours of real trak being killed.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:57 pm

he's 18 +/-4 I hear, so it's about the same. I just need to figure out where in zone I have to go to track him. I'm semi familiar with seb, I just need to do it.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Bilnick » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:59 pm

Back when TF was working on VP access (we were killing trak regularly) I had seen the UDB pop while we were still doing loots from Trak. Dont know if it was a bug or what back then. I would guess the UDB would be uncontested, while Trak probably gets killed shortly after he spawns.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:05 pm

my trak and the trak that is on a spawn timer in old seb are different. I use the UDB to spawn bard epic trak. I hand him a lute body and he goes crazy and attacks me. When UDB dies, bard epic trak spawns, dies, and I get trak guts... walk over to one more NPC and get my epic

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Serano » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:11 pm

right. the fake trak can be killed with one group.

kill reg trak - wait tell UDB spawns - turn in crap - kill fake trak np. THink bilnick and I could prolly duo both encounters hehe.

I recomend a mage to summon a peep if they get banished to fungi king throne room. but virtually any TFer can tank fake trak. Fake trak sometimes drops 1 (one) of the kunark BPs - but not always.
Serano
Officer

Postby Baromen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:40 pm

only problem I forsee is that regular trak will kill UDB if regular trak is up. Seeing as it's fabled trak, I can just about GUARANTEE he's up and the UDB is not making my tracking test worthless (unless I get fabled trak on track...)

When fableds are over, if regular trak is up, I"m going to have to get him deaded first to make sure udb has a nice clean 3 day window to spawn.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Serano » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:11 pm

Correct. Pretty much everyone knows the trak encounter is what we were trying to say. Trak kills UDB if UDB is still up when trak spawns. UDB either spawns 1 day after trak is killed OR UDB spawns 1 -3 days after last time UDB was killed by players or trak. So if UDB is up when trak is up UDB is down in seconds. Then when trak is down then UDB can come up again until players or trak get rid of him.
Serano
Officer

Next

Return to Quest Discussion