Bst DS 1.5 hit

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

Bst DS 1.5 hit

Postby phishn00 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:42 am

To make this work, we need a high HP tank (15K plus) and 1 or 2 healers for him (1 should do to chain CHeal if named doesn't drop tanks HP to fast).

We set up on the south side of the rock where he spawns and pacify the 1 or 2 mobs that are close to him, the MT then pulls (not to far though, he is tethered) the named and tank keeps him occupied. No one is to attack him at this time.

The rest of the people are to pull the minions 1 or 2 at a time and kill them of quick. The minions are mostly slowable and very resistant and hit for 500s. Once all the minions are dead, the Girplan Spiritleech will be unlocked, and everyone should attack and burn him down fast.

This sounds easily 1-2 groupable, just out of curiousity, what were the problems before? I know that many of our tanks can handle a mob hitting 1k for a very long time with just a druid healer, and trash mobs that only hit for 600 max could easily be tanked by half our necros.
phishn00

Postby Serano » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:03 pm

so far as I could tell being on VERY late and missing it - Jeren's hit was hosed because this is an event that needed a chanter or something.

Morinous's was hosed because someone killed the trigger mob or something. Havn't actually been to the fights but that is what I gathered.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Jeren » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:02 pm

The first time, it was two groups, with 1 tank. Which was when we was under the believe the named could be killed without killing minions like I was lead to believe. The 2nd time, we had an enchanter, but the problem was that the minions either resisted Charm 90% of them time, or charm did npt last long enough for the charmed mob to be killed. By the time we managed to kill 4 of them using this method, the first one we kill repopped. Thus this method is only good if you got several enchanters trying to charm as you have to kill them all off fairly quick.

The best method and most proven one is the one I suggested. That way the named is kept occupied while the minions are being killed, since you can not pull a minion without the named tagging along. The kiting the named method works too, but if you get stunned, you pretty much toast.
Jeren

Postby Jeren » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm

On another note, the NPC that spawns the Girplan is on a 2/2 spawn time (2 hours up, 2 hours down). So be hard to set a specific time, unless we have backup hit incase she is not up. Then check to see if mob is up after that hit,
Jeren

Return to Quest Discussion