Aged Left Eye of Xygoz

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

Aged Left Eye of Xygoz

Postby Found » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Thought I'd give a little input on killing Xygoz for the Aged Left Eye of Xygoz.

Aged Left Eye of Xygoz
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
AC: 135
STR: +10 DEX: +15 STA: +10 CHA: +5 WIS: +10 INT: +10 AGI: +15 HP: +135
MANA: +135 ENDUR: +135
SV COLD: +25 SV MAGIC: +20
Attack: +10 HP Regen: +1
Required level of 60.
Effect: Faerune (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)

So yea most people know, but this is a fantastic item to use while kiting or non-damage offtanking since it has massive AC and isn't a weapon(no ripostes). There are a few tricks though to killing the guy that drops it I've discovered in trying him several months back.

Map of Veeshan's Peak

First off, a couple of things to note. While it appears he's close to the zone in there's actually a wall of rocks etc that blocks the way to him. You'll need to run all the way around the whole damn zone to get to his room. The mobs in this zone are on Ring of Scale faction, and if you don't have the faction it might prove to be a pain in the ass getting to him. There are a couple of ways to get faction if you don't want to go through the hassle of flopping your way or plowing through 1,000 mobs. Mobs in Castle Mistmoore give + Ring of Scale faction but they're pretty small hits. If you have a pet and don't mind getting bad faction with the League of Antonican Bards then I suggest killing this guy in South Karana around loc -200,-200:

All you have to do is kill this guy a few times till he's KoS, then every time he pops he'll attack you and your pet will kill him. So you can set your guy up and go to sleep/work while you get faction, good stuff. Bigger faction hit than killing trash in Mistmoore. Respawn is 6 mins. Since the goal here is just to become non-KoS, dubious faction is fine. I forget who exactly I conned to check my faction, but I guess you could just zone in to Veeshan's Peak and /con. The mobs in Skyfire give bad Ring of Scale faction but they always scowl regardless of your faction - so don't bother conning those. To get my druid faction, I dire charmed a bull elephant and did the same thing with Vhalen.

Ok now for the next little trick. Xygoz seems to proc this AE fear that's unresistable unless you're a Pal/SK with fearless AA's maxed. When I first tried boxing him with my Druid/SK my druid was constantly feared. I tried hiding behind the wall near his room but the wall was no protection from the fear. He only fears three people at a time though and I'm pretty sure it's the top three on aggro list. I realized I could heal through a wall not far from the zone in, just barely in reach:

For whatever reason, you can heal from that spot and not ever get in combat. You'll get a raid timer but it just immediately starts counting down from 5:00 mins. Great thing about that too, is when Xygoz does die, the healer won't get any bad faction :) Pretty sweet, but make sure you have some kind of extended range for heals and try to pin yourself in to the corner in Xygoz's room. As far as I remember Xygoz hits for about 2200 and procs a stun. Tash stick + Willsapper are a bonus, it's a long fight solo.

Good luck!
Found

Re: Aged Left Eye of Xygoz

Postby EQIsenhart » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Very informative and well written Found.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Return to Quest Discussion