Tweety Rants

Enter at Your OWN risk.

Moderator: Officers

Tweety Rants

Postby Imphe » Wed May 25, 2005 1:45 pm

Me and these rants go way, way back to the beginnings of this game.
I suggest the rant heard round the world as a place to start.

http://tweety.bowlofmice.com/tweety/

Enjoy
Imphe E’asgaidh, Myrmidones of her 67th thumpbash
High Priestess of Typos and Miss-tells; Resident Pinko Commie of Tribal Fury
"What's the point of being in a guild if you play EQ to stand still" - Parousia
Imphe

Location: Buried under a stack of books, somewhere in Davis, Ca.

Postby Serano » Wed May 25, 2005 2:06 pm

I came back to discover Verant got their shit together, and now it's the players that suck.

This and several remarks about Verant just made me laugh - anyone that started EQ after the Release of Luclin has never played a Verant run game. Luclin had Verant on the box - but it was already - no longer the "same" verant that had made OG- Velious. Altho I think Luclin showed some of the vision.

I can't find my super twinked body and I'm only level 2 and a forty minute walk to my corpse.

heh - I wonder what percentage of peeps never played with the under level 6(10?) corpse rot timer. I remember moving my merchant from EC to GFAY for some reason and promply dying when he was like level 4. He had LOTS of crappy crap - but I was freaking out about beating that loot timier because he had fallen off of some lift in Gfay.

Boats. Hey, Einstein, before you petition me that the boats are broken, do an /ooc and find out when the boat left. If it was two minutes ago, IT'S NOT HERE YET.

I remember when boats would break every other patch - I sometimes think that I miss boats - but then - I don't think I would ride them if they were there.

And don't waste your time crying to another guide about how I hate you, because there are only six guides on the entire server who show up for work, and we talk.

OMG!!! 6 GUIDES!!! Damn - that is friggin rocking. GM/Guide spawns now days are MUCH MUCH rarer than a well played ranger. WOW. what a nice time in the life of EQ.

Ok that was my trip down memory lane reading rants from a year 2000 Guide.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

hehe

Postby bill » Wed May 25, 2005 2:11 pm

one of the more happier times for EVERYONE in EQ was when the boats would break and the Xlocers would show up.
bill

Postby Ranjaling » Wed May 25, 2005 3:01 pm

OMG, so much has changed from those days its sick.

I remember always being scared to go ANYWHERE at night because my Barb/Warrior was so blind at night time. I finally got me a greater lightstone and I thought it had to be the greatest item in the game.

Trying to find ports to other continents was such a chore. Druids and Wizards were gods back then. Finding a necro to find your corpse sucked too.

Having to work up sense heading forever just to know which damn direction you were going and having to always keep hitting it.

The boat ride from Qeynos to Erudan I always hated and then the one from Oasis to Overthere was even worse because that boat always seemed screwed up (the one you cought after jumping off the barge and swimming to land, getting on dock in OoT) then finding someone to bind you at the wall by outpost was always fun too. Plus some asshats were always training specs or Cazul to the docks in Oasis and I would miss the damn thing because of trains and have to wait longer.

Running from Halas to Freeport was an all day trip

Running from EC tunnel to FP bank everytime you bought or sold something was so sick. "Bag of melee gear at torch 3, come hail me" ROTF

The "black box" messed up graphics after "luclin?" went live had me and 100's of other players unable to play EQ for like 15 days because of something with onboard intel video or some shit.

Old hell levels were teh sux

Trains in Karnor OMGZ

No maps, got lost everywhere.

Guk & Rathe Mountains were so farmed you could walk around with your nekid lvl 1 and pick up rotting DE masks. HHK had 2 hour waiting lists and Ran Flamespinner was the man. <-- he saved my ass from gobby's countless times.

No autofire

Man the list goes on and on but with all that was harder back then I still have no complaints on early EQ or Verant. So many good memories when this game was new and fresh and set the stages for all mmorpgs to come.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Ranjaling » Wed May 25, 2005 3:25 pm

OH, and who can forget the awesomeness that was the UI and spells icons and inventory looks of them days. Here's some old shots of Dyllan

Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Imphe » Wed May 25, 2005 3:31 pm

OMG those screenshot take me back!

However, Tweety and Lum the Mad made my day so many times. I'll never forget them.
Imphe E’asgaidh, Myrmidones of her 67th thumpbash
High Priestess of Typos and Miss-tells; Resident Pinko Commie of Tribal Fury
"What's the point of being in a guild if you play EQ to stand still" - Parousia
Imphe

Location: Buried under a stack of books, somewhere in Davis, Ca.

Postby fendeesha » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:04 pm

Porting and sowing were the only way I could make money back then! But in a sad, twisted way, I miss the boats! I made a lot of friends on those stupid things. Lots of time to sit doing nothing, you couldn't afk or you would get lost on a zone line and that was BADDDD! Don't put auto follow on either or you would get pushed over the side and either drown or get eaten by fish! And I was SOOOO freaking pissed when they gave any newb to create a character sense heading 200!!! (Btw, I STILL have like four or five 3" binders full of the old /loc maps!)
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby SapphireSniper » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:16 pm

Heh heh me too Fen :)

I actually met my boyfriend in the Taxi channel we had for ports ;) I had made a comment about feeling like Danny DeVito in the tv show of the same name because I was trying to match people looking for ports with porters in the channel who were in their area. :) The rest is history...
EQ: SapphireSniper - lvl 57 Erudite Wizard of Vazaelle (RETIRED)
HZ: Sapphire Sniper, Envoy of Aubadrine, Fiend of Dawn
46 Cleric, 66 Mason, 36 Enchanter, 21 Carpenter
44 Alchemist, 40 Miner, 24 Jeweler, 20 Gatherer, 8 Scholar (RETIRED)
ATITD 2: Sapphire Sniper (RETIRED)
SapphireSniper

wow

Postby bill » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:24 pm

I had no idea the taxi channel doubled as the singles channel ;)
bill

Postby Uilea » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:24 pm

omg I finaly got that link to work and it made my day
Uilea

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:55 pm

you havent played REAL eq untill you have stared into your spell book PRAYING that a mob wouldnt walk up and beat you while you med.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Sikak » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:02 pm

lol what was it lvl 30 or something till you could med without having to open your spellbook? Turning up the sound so you could hear mobs sneaking up behind you. And I still have my old EQ Atlas maps I printed out.
Sikak

Postby Kaylar » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:24 pm

OMG Zyzz, you just brought back a ton of memories. Looking at that damn spell book. I hated it so much. I died a few times because of that.

It was level 35 when you didn't have to look at that book anymore.

Azzy and I both still have all the old maps too. Those where the days. Man did it suck. lol

Also, you can't forget where the bazaar was back then. It was in East Commonlands.... the Tunnel. OMG there was some lag from hell there.
Kaylar

Postby fendeesha » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:12 am

Are you kidding? You know how much money I made porting people in and out of there? And casting strength on people so they could walk with all their plat? LOL
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Return to Humor