Jarheads...gotta luv em

Enter at Your OWN risk.

Moderator: Officers

Jarheads...gotta luv em

Postby Valkorin » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:05 am

Marine Corp General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day
and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this. It's one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous
activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper
rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one..... are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended. You gotta love the
Marines! :spank :jester
"Yeah, I know, it's a game, but I like to play by my own rulze"
Valkorin

haha

Postby bill » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:55 am

I wonder if she had the big guns? :boxing
bill

Postby beallzaman » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:18 am

That was the best comeback line I've ever heard :thumbup
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
beallzaman

Postby Serano » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:40 am

hmm, I don't think he got away with it. Prolly caught hell and crongratulations for that line latter. Remarcable how the reporter siezed on the firearm thing and didn't flinch about the archery. Granted while I might play a ranger in game and my archery skills havn't been practiced in 10 years, I could prolly kill you just as easily with any old bow and arrow as I could with my 9mm pistol the Army thought I should carry the last 8 months I was in Iraq. I prefer an M4/M16 however cause my accuracy is 10 times as far (300 + Meters).

Not that I am a violent killer. If it comes to killin - I expect the death of my enemys to be violent, but I will preferably be at least 100 meters away from the violance. I wonder if the Reporter was a vegetarian. I mean if she eats animals - then what does it matter if the animal was hunted down and killed vs raised in a 5 x 5 box and then killed with a blunt instrument to the brain?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Anakhe » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:15 am

Anakhe
Lurker

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:17 am

Aye, it's a goodie though. This urban myth has been aroud for a while now. First time I heard it it was the lobbyist for NOW and the lobbyist for the NRA waiting for their turn on Capitol Hill.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Return to Humor