Things you did when you were a true newbie...

Enter at Your OWN risk.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Ayragon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:39 pm

oh but my greatest newbie error, until about level 6 or so...........spam clicking the attack icon, and thinking how awesome I am because I know exactly when its going to pop back up....

:banana
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

heh

Postby bill » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:07 pm

Rallying the elves on Hamburger Hill in Greater Fay as then the player count on Vaz in Gfay was about 80 or so during peak times. Vaz was a green server then.

I remember making a Wood Elf bard named Elvice on Sullon Zek, good team (GOGO GOOD TEAM!) during Project M. I had a gnome skeleton helping me kill shit for hours in Steamfont hiding behind the big cog near the minotaur cave.

I also remember being a plains cat in Western Karanas. I attacked a griffon and it didn't go so well heh.

I remember my first magic item that I could not summon as a mage was given to me in Mistmoore, it was a Nobles' Robe!

Barelron I remember what the Ykesha swords look like!
bill

Postby Naiin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:45 pm

There is a gnome warrior on this server called Evis Isdead hehehe
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Areo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:48 pm

Remember being scared to turn level 9 cause then I would have to actually go get my corpse and would also lose my insta gate home, lol.

Remember I died swimming and my corpse was really deep. So I went to the pok, stood very close to my port back home (to make sure I could find the way home), and asked for a under water breathing spell. Someone cast DMF on me, I ran all the way back and was really pissed that I had fallen for that joke. You can't even get in the water!!
Areo

Postby Naiin » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:37 pm

areolus wrote:Remember being scared to turn level 9 cause then I would have to actually go get my corpse and would also lose my insta gate home, lol.

Remember I died swimming and my corpse was really deep. So I went to the pok, stood very close to my port back home (to make sure I could find the way home), and asked for a under water breathing spell. Someone cast DMF on me, I ran all the way back and was really pissed that I had fallen for that joke. You can't even get in the water!!

Page down FTW... or go 1st person veiw....
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Bilnick » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Remember being scared to turn level 9 cause then I would have to actually go get my corpse and would also lose my insta gate home, lol.

That is a newb! I had to do a corpse run with experience loss from day 1!!
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Mechell » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:42 pm

Ceruis got me into playing EQ without ever really showing me around or explaining about different Zones. At lvl 15 the furthest i think i had been was to CB maybe LF. Ceruis being the seasoned player of lvl 55 or something and us not communicating other than tells because he wanted me to figure out the game on my own got me in BIG trouble with him. I had just joined a guild "knights of the Green Mist" where two of our 50+ druids were kiting in UP. They had some elysian gear drop and was rotting so they said if i could come get it I was welcome to it... I made it to ME a FEW TIMES.... it was beyond ME i never made it. Yuhri was nice and came back to invis and levitate me. Who would have known ME has see invis and lvl 15 can't have fixed invis on. By my 7th death and not knowing WHERE my corpse was but determine to go find it, ceruis brought some of his buddies from Soldiers of Steel... That was only AFTER he died 4 times running out into the vast wilderness trying to find my corpses. Eventually a necro friend of his logged on... Needless to say he forbid me to ever go there before i hit lvl 50... Hmm I wonder why.
Mechell

Postby Skiba » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:27 am

hmmmm

1. lost body in lava
2. got KoS shm faction which made it a PITA to go anywhere

back in the day when i wa on fennin ro

click that!
Skiba

Postby Stonecrush » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:20 am

Misty Thicket:

First ever real character was Putts (my druid) best halfling name ever.. looked so damn doofy.. Anyway, zoning out from Rivervale, the land of the cheery drunk midgets... I found the sounds of the dark and scarry forest very ominous!

Eastcommonlands

Once hitting level 11 it was time for NRO, running through Kithakor (on the wall, since I was forwarned) I found my way across the stupid common lands, into EC with the huge lag from the tunnel. Seeing every race and class was interesting...

COME SEE MY WARES AT TORCH 1
Torch 2 has the best wares!!!
At the swash come see look at my wares!

And watching morons try and kill the shady swash himself... Only the uber could solo him!

NRO and Oasis.

Watching every train the damn docks where I'd med...
The uber druids/shamans selling sow at the docks.
The having the sow buff wear off mid kite made me panic...
Finally dinging 14! so I could get my own SoW and sell it at the docks for 5 pp! only to die along the way to that dark elf in WC by the toll guards.. That CR made me flip out!

LOIO

K I always enjoyed stirring up the conversations of the who's got the best class, what is the best item, and who is in the best guild in OOC to gain some entertainment and laughs while the boring kiteing of goblins, skeletons, and tigers went on and on.

Overthere

Finally figuring out that there is something beyond the foggy gray... (I didn't have my clipplane up at all...) OT was the coolest, rainiest zone I'd ever been too.. Think the place woulda flooded!

Hitting 35 in OT! no more could those bastard Goons catch me un aware with my book in my face to med!

The good ole days of hell levels, med books (causing me to become anally retentive about my spell order!), and the constant ability to find damn groups since so many didn't get passed the hell levels :P .
Stonecrush

Postby Keld » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:16 am

I still have to organize my spell books :jester ! Hehe good stuff here..

Keld

Postby Serano » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Had never heard of the PoK book and when I had to help a friend who had lost their corpse in East Commonlands I ran ALL THE WAY from Qeynos Hills through the Karana's, Highpass Hold and Kithicor (at night) at level 9 and I MADE IT!

First of all. anyone thats first character can use a POK book when they are still level 9 is a perma newb!

2nd: I am a total newb because 5 years later I found out you can take damage from the cold (in sleepers tomb) (there is a frozen lake in there that causes cold damage just like lava - well actually lava causes fire damage but I hope you get the point)
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Horcrux » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Serano wrote:2nd: I am a total newb because 5 years later I found out you can take damage from the cold (in sleepers tomb) (there is a frozen lake in there that causes cold damage just like lava - well actually lava causes fire damage but I hope you get the point)

I never even knew there was a cold place to take damage in, since Sleepers was one of the few zones I could never step foot in.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Aenodili » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:49 am

Mistakes as a noob that I will now admit too...

1) Making a ranger with all extra points to charm and to wisdom only.
2) Making a cleric with all extra points to intelligence and charm.
3) Casting temp and virtue on players singlely for free when it cost me 2 periodots PER cast. (*remembers when Aego was the top spell that you could have*)
4) Getting calluses dragging bodies to zone lines cause figured rezzers did NOT have maps like me....(DUH)
5) Binding cleric underwater in Lake Rathetier so I could get the goblin for epic...but forgot to get extra eb items and drowned....a lot before someone came to get bodies and rez me on land. (iirc lvl 57 became lvl 53 that day)
6) Binding just outside Plane of Fear but so close to the zone line I would auto zone into fear...to die...many times. (iirc 42 bodies)
7) Destroyed my bridle for my ranger cause I thought was blocking my arrow shots...or that you could not use both at same time.
8) Making an enemy of someone...got mad and I MAY have once...just once maybe...bound someone at neriak common's gate behind the guards...and they were a woodelf.

But the grand daddy of all...
Accidently mt very badly only ONCE in ooc box in pok....gm had a great laugh...never lived it down since. Especially after I stopped...ppl that were there that day still ask what I did.. I plead the 5th on anything else.
Last edited by Aenodili on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is more then ONE meaning to the word QUIVER! ;)
Aenodili

Postby Venerran » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Haha great stuff in here.

I've only been playing since about the time Omens came out, so I'm still a newb I guess lol...

1st toon I made was a Barbarian Zerker...I think it was Wumaden or something like that...whatever the 'get name' button gave me (cause I didn't think you could get a different name once it gave you one).

Well after running around the tutorial, in which I thought I was helping people...only to be told more than once "Get your own mob" (what's a mob?) I decided to head out to my home city...took me the rest of the night to get thru there...for some reason I felt it necessary to see everything in there and try to talk to every npc. I remember getting pissed at the ones that said "I'm afraid I can't speak now, I'm waiting for someone very important to arrive." wtf, I'm here! lol

Then out into the cold where I was slaughtering goblins...took me awhile to figure out I wasn't getting any experience for them either.

Then someone told me to go to Blackburrow...when I asked where it was they said in a cave in the south...so I spent a long ass time hugging the walls of what felt like every mountain in the zone looking for a cave to get in(now I know how to scroll down on my map :/ )...then I got killed by something...forget what it was though I think it was named...and I know it got me more than once. Crushbone also saw this toon, but with no armor I was only ever in the zone for about a min before being back in Halas because I didn't know you could bind other places lol.

Toon got deleted soon after hitting lv 10...oh...that was also about the time I realized you could swim across the harbor in Halas rather than wait for the raft...You don't wanna know about PoK...I'm still embarassed about my 1st day there lol.

Started up my High-Elf Wizzie Fireborn, and was my main for a long time. I'll try to make these quicker...Learned that Iksar don't care for elves...Guards don't like being nuked, by a lv 20...the ramp in OT is not for a lv 15 (damn cockatrice)...

Ahh hell I'll just stop for now...there's way too many lol

Oh...got a few since I've been with you all too...

Wow you can turn off spell effects?
And the fact that I need to be told how to get everywhere it seems like lol
Venerran

Previous

Return to Humor