No Saddam link to Iraq al-Qaeda

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Criploc » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:14 pm

Dont let me even get started on trying to explain anything to these Libtards.
Bush said we were going after all forms of terrorism, not just those involved with 9/11.
Saddam should have been taken out of power long ago.

Any nation that would continue to sit back and let a mad man like Saddam torture, pillage, rape, maim and kill hundreds of thousands of people and had the power to put a stop to it are no better than Saddam himself.
Criploc

Postby Lyannah » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:43 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:we can't leave or stop now that we've opened up the box

The problem with the current war is that it is on 'terror'. There is no 'terror' army, only people spread throughout the world that feel the US and accociates are doing something horribly wrong. Beacuse they have no army, they use terror tactics to attempt to get their point across.

Because there is no definitive terror army, this war does not have a definitive end - Bush will stay as long as he wants to, and the longer he stays the longer terrorism is a threat.

I am not attacking anyones sense of patriotism, or their desire to protect their nation at all costs. It simply seems to me that the threat of terror is greater while the troops are overseas, and the best form of protection would be to 'stop poking a dangerous animal with a stick'.

At least thats my 2cp
Lyannah

Postby Criploc » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:22 pm

Nah thats not even right.

You dont EVER give in to criminals and murdering terrorist scumbags. You dont continue to turn over your lunch money everyday to the local school bully.

When you start doing that, they will always own you. Either you stand up strong against these coward types and push back or you just hang a sign on your back that reads, "Pussy"
Criploc

Postby Lyannah » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Your summing up there Crip is exactly the logic the terrorists are using to justify what they do.
Lyannah

Postby Bilnick » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:30 am

What did we do after the first bombing of the World Trade Center? ...nothing

The bombing of the USS Cole???....nothing

What did doing nothing accomplish?

The terrorists were counting on the US doing nothing after the second World Trade Center bombing. They counted wrong.

We have to take the fight to the terrorists. There is no other solution. They will not stop. We cannot either.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Angyish » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:38 am

going on what dicussion i saw on this page.

why don't we pull all national gaurd,army,navy,airforce,marine detachments out of the middle east, every country and while we're at it every country in the world but germany and japan, and south korea.

why don't we build walls around the country not fences, but real solid walls that you can cut through with a bolt cutter. once these said countries have destroyed themselves from war since they simply can't get the fuck along why don't we go take their oil and natural resources and then go back behind our walls and let the world run itsself for once.

fuck terrorism if we don't let anyone in its hard for them to bomb us.
Angyish hatesyouall
\www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1257831
my video (http://media.putfile.com/pactum)
retired
Angyish

Postby Lyannah » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:11 am

Bilnick wrote:We have to take the fight to the terrorists. There is no other solution. They will not stop. We cannot either.

You seem to be missing my point. If the terrorists were all huddled up in a small town plotting their evil deeds by all means go get them and punish accordingly.

However they are spread throughout the world. And the longer the war continues, the more people will get pissed off at the US and their associates and attack again. The war is not hurting their cause, it is inciting their hatred and causing more acts of terror.

A war is not the answer to this problem. Do you honestly see this war end by Al-quada saying 'ok we give up, stop all the attacks and we promise noone will blow up anything else'? Politicians need to work through the various issues and rally support from the various nations - not just the white western nations.
Lyannah

Postby Keld » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:07 am

There is no end to the war against terrorism. Unless every single one of them is killed and their beliefs forgotton, which won't happen, there will always be those people. If you don't fight to deter them, then they have no resistance and can do greater harm. If you just sit there and after 2 towers in NYC fall down with thousands of people dying and think, "We don't need to fight for this," then you're just wrong.
The fight against terrorism isn't just in Middle East, its everywhere in the world.

Keld

Postby Lyannah » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:50 am

I don't disagree Keld. My point is, this is not a battle that can be won with an army - other tactics need to be sought after.
Lyannah

Postby Bilnick » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:54 am

Killing these terrorists is the ONLY way to deal with them.

Remember these are people who are willing to hijack a plane loaded with people and fly it into a building. These are people willing to strap bombs to thier wives and children and send them to a crowded area and blow them up.

Saddam Hussein gassed thousands and thousands of his own people. Tortured people for meaningless reasons.

There is no negotiating with these "people".

It is unfortunate that much of the free world is afraid to stand up and fight these people. It is far easier to criticize those that do make mistakes rather than stick your own neck on the line isn't it?
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Reck » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:59 am

Solving violence with violence is not the answer. Trying to find out why these groups hate western way of life is one to come to a possible solution.

My neighbour and his family are from Afghanistan they walked for 3 weeks in desert to be able to get out of the violence, they are great bunch of people I have ever met and they do not understand what the problem is.

Most of my friends when I was young were Seek's, Muslism's, and Hindu's and we never had problems with race and religion, you just learn to accept their customs and do what they do.

From what I have witnessed the biggest problem is that through the eyes of the rest of the world, the US is trying make everyone like them. Instead of changing them like French, British and Spanish colonist did originally with North America then later the US Slave Trade. How about learn more about them accept them for who they are, when will people understand that its not always about the individual, that others have a different view, way of life, religion. And that will only happen when the US finally removes church from state. Our former Prime Minister was kicked out of the church because he supported Gay Marriage, no what his response to the church was. He's faith remains but in this country church is separate from state and the laws of the land rule not the church.

Every time I see Bush on TV he is always saying something about god, when by doing that you alienate large portions of the population and send a very bad example to the rest of the world. Religion and Faith is a private matter between you and your beliefs, but the keyword was private, everyone knows that I am atheist but my 2 best friends are devote christians, I told them right off the bat that friendship is between 2 people as long as your faith and religion stays with you.

I know this has taken a turn but it brings me to the big picture most wars I would say 9/10 wars are cause because of religion. Stop caring who your neighbour is worshiping it doesn't matter. The war on terror is a war that seems to be against Muslims and Bush has not once but on multiple occasions singled out Muslims, that right there is why as long as Bush is president the US is not safe. That would like blaming White Anglo Saxons for everything.

So if your neighbour is a different race, faith, religion or just has a different way of life (gay, lesbian) accept them for who they are, and be their friend, ask about them learn about them, and you will suddenly see that the world is no so different after all.
Reck

Postby Keld » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:03 pm

Hindu aren't violent in any way with their religion, but there are other religions that can be. Protestants, Catholics, Muslims, and Jews. It doesn't matter what the religion is, but then again look closely at each one.

In Islam it is written in the Quran:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors.
And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevails justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression" (2:190-193)."

Its not just in the Quran, read some books about Islam, true Islam and you will see the same thing. There are some good documentaries to watch and learn about how many people feel towards the US and Western influence and other religions. In Islam Christians are classed with pigs, feces and Buddhists (because they don't believe in God).

The reason I bring up Islam is because lots of these terrorists are basing their terror attacks off of their religious beliefs, using them as ways to gather allies and such. It really is a shame, people need to educate themselves, but without becoming prejudiced.

Keld

Postby Shoolace » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:11 pm

I agree with Lyannah in the sense that there is no stopping terrorism. It's simply impossible, there are too many of them. With that being said, I was against the Iraq War from day one. I did agree with the Afghanistan war however, as that war was justified. What bush did was wrong and underminded the American people. He played of the patriotism of the American people, using the support of the Afghanistan War to move into Iraq. By the time the American public found out that the Iraq war was unjust, it was too late.
But that isn't whats being discussed, the truth has already been revealed and Bush has been exposed for the liar that he is. What is being discussed is what to do now that we've toppled the government. The worst thing to do now would be to withdrawl. But the second worst thing would be to just "stay the course" without any sort of a plan. The war on terror will never be over, so we cannot wait on that to be the end of our occupation of Iraq. What we need to do is get the Iraq Army trained and get them to be able to handle the situation, and also help the Iraq government get stabalized. Only then will we be able to pull out. We are past the point of proving if Iraq was a justified war or not, because it has already proven to be based on lies, and move on to a solution for it.
Shoolace

Postby Naiin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:37 pm

why don't we build walls around the country not fences, but real solid walls that you can cut through with a bolt cutter. once these said countries have destroyed themselves from war since they simply can't get the fuck along why don't we go take their oil and natural resources and then go back behind our walls and let the world run itsself for once.

Apparently you are not aware of the US foreign policy up to 1938-39 or so. It was called Isolationism, we did that.... Hitler and Co. took what they pleased while the US, France, and Britain drank deeply from their colonies/territories reasources. Hirohito ravaged the East... Manchuria, China, and North Western Pacific area. Guess what.... Hitler wanted the reasources in the middle east that belonged to Britain and to end the overburdoning war repairations due to France from WWI. The Japanese wanted the Philipenes for the hemp to make naval supplies and clothing. They also wanted the rubber from south pacific area. Now, did ignoring them make them stop the aggression? NO. As a matter of fact it made the bolder. Remember a lil incident called "Pearl Harbour"?
We attacked the Taliban justly and rightfully so, just as we retailiated against the Japanese ,but we didnt finsh the job, the political war machine moved to easier "news clip" pickings.
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Naiin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:42 pm

Reck wrote:Solving violence with violence is not the answer.

Albert Einstien's famous anti-war quote " The same level of thinking that got you here, will not get you out."
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

PreviousNext

Return to Real Life and Opinion