No Saddam link to Iraq al-Qaeda

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby EQIsenhart » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:54 pm

I am not "OK" with my government lying to me. A good deal of you know I am no fan of George Bush. Everyone has a bit different view, but the thing is we can't leave or stop now that we've opened up the box.

We need to finish what we've started and get the hell out. The truth is though your never going to have a functioning democracy in Iraq, at least for along time. Those people have never had a democracy for hundreds of years and are quickly forced to change their entire government in a matter of years? USA was formed by our founding colonies after winning our independence from Britain, however, it took many years for the country to get used to the change and to hammer out a good standing government. Iraq is no exception, except they will have a harder way to go than we did.

I respect our men and women in the military so much. The latest cases of raping and murdering of innocent iraqi citizens by US soldiers is heartbreaking but only shows a small small % of the hard working men and women. I don't mean to be a band wagoner but I've always disliked and not trusted Bush. He is no different than his father only worse. The war in Kuwait against the exact same villain? for what? Desert Storm was a joke and this war is along the same lines only much more costly for not only our people but their people as well. Add in the conflict in Israel that is rising more and more. The world can be a scary place.

In the end though, what's done is done Bush NEEDS to finish this I firmly believe. I don't agree with what he did, however, since he has done I know as an American, he needs to finish this, withdrawing all troops would only make matters much much worse, and what ground we did gain would be lost. But, yes the world is becoming a scary place, which is one reason I am glad I live in a small quiet town and have little old ladies as my neighbors that bake me pies. Soon, I will have my love from Denmark living with me so all is good. :razz
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Bilnick » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:21 pm

Random responses to previous posts.......

Was removing Saddam Hussein the right thing to do?

The main reason I recall for going to war with Iraq was to remove Saddam from power since he would not allow the UN weapons inspectors to do thier job, as he agreed to at the end of the 1990-91 gulf war.

At the time I think it was safe to assume that since he wouldn't allow weapons inspectors to do thier job, he was likely hiding something. If he had nothing to hide, why wouldnt he just comply with the terms he agreed to in 1991?

How about we deal with the mass killings and rapes in Darfur, Our previous Prime Minister wanted to send everything we have to stop the militants in Darfur since they have killed over 2 million in the last few years. But the US administration will not step in there because there is no Oil to protect.

Hmm I seem to remember the US sending troops to a different lawless African nation in the 1990's..... I don't recall how much oil Somalia has though.

The US military is stretched kind of thin from reports I have read....maybe other countries could step up and lead this instead of waiting for the USA or Great Britain to take the initiative.

We prefer to allow law abiding citizens to own guns in the US. I have a few guns myself. I own them for hunting, target practice, and just because I want to.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby wileyc143 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:34 pm

blah blah blah............. you want a realistic answer?

I will fucking take this fight to Afghanistan , Iraq , Iran .............. where the fuck ever I have to.............. so that its not happening on US soil. I took an oath to defend this nation and will. I have a family and friends that I look out for and I along with any of the soldiers in this country are willing to defend with our lives if we have to.
wileyc143

Postby Naiin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:42 pm

wileyc143 wrote:blah blah blah............. you want a realistic answer?

I will fucking take this fight to Afghanistan , Iraq , Iran .............. where the fuck ever I have to.............. so that its not happening on US soil. I took an oath to defend this nation and will. I have a family and friends that I look out for and I along with any of the soldiers in this country are willing to defend with our lives if we have to.

I am not questioning loyaltyor sense of duty when i see the Iraqi conflict..... I do question the moral authority do initiate an attack against a sovereign entity... you headed to Korea to stop the GREATER threat than a jackass blowing up a car???? No, you are not... the same political cowardice that sent you and you brothers in arms to die and shed blood, doesnt see the "need"... wtf wmd ... Kim Jong Ill obeys the UN???..... tell that "Iraq was a great threat" shit to someone that beleives it.... the american military men and women deserve better..........
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Bilnick » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:45 pm

I think the US still has a large military force in Korea.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Naiin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:54 pm

Bilnick wrote:I think the US still has a large military force in Korea.

Yeap, they get shot and killed regularly... so even more to my point NORTH Korea... heading there? Tanks blazing? The troops currently stationed there are a part of the longest Armistice Treaty in modern history... HELLO cease-fire.. not a PEACE treaty.... there is still a 50 some-odd year war festering there, where we defend another country from "Communist Aggression" also notice we sent enough troops to actually secure a stable boarder?? You know all those crazy North Koreans blowing up stuff in Seoul... ooohhh yeah that ISNT happening........ Now.. back to WMD.. you know the BS reason we went to Iraq?? Korea has more WMD than Iraq was ever capable of producing AND we know where it is..... so again I say take that "Iraq was the greatest threat of WMD vs US" shit somewhere else.... tell it to some other dupe.
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Naiin

Postby Serano » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:16 pm

actually our military force in Korea is smaller now than ever. Down to one full up combat brigade now and some ADA and Aviation and other support stuff.

On another note - lets not confuse the issues that the media presents as to why the government said we went to war and why we chose which fronts to wage our war on. The war on Terror was brought to us by AL-Qeda - however - just because one attack was brought by one agency - a link between them or not was not the USs justificatoin for removing the Bathest regime from Power in Iraq.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Jamjum » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:48 pm

Reck wrote:I am glad Canada stayed out of the war

canada has military?
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby Keld » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:02 pm

OORAH to what Seraph said.

Keld

Postby wileyc143 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:33 pm

LOL naiin I have been in Korea I have been to the DMZ those kind of things aren't going on.

I loved Korea that was a great tour. :thumbup
wileyc143

Postby Ceruis » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:35 pm

Lets face facts, the storry was written by someone in the BBC, a new organization that hates Bush. It might as well have been CNN writing the story. I use to watch BBC and CNN during my last tour in Iraq and I was amazed at their inaccuracy in reporting what was happening in Iraq, especially on crap that I was reporting to higher several hours before. I have no confident in any new origanization really, but whatever.

Interesting link I found about oil imports, http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petr ... mport.html Of course it from a US gov't agency so who knows.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Reck » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:38 pm

Out of all the news channels I can watch MSNBC and FoxNews are the worst at reporting, they always get it wrong and focus on the wrong aspect of the story.
Reck

Postby Ceruis » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:03 pm

I don't like Fox much either though some of their shows are funny.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Jahras » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:32 pm

FoxNews

Haha yeah, fox news is hilariously bad. The best part about it is just that it gives the daily show and colbert more material heh.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Worff » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:22 pm

Wuupas wrote:
FoxNews

Haha yeah, fox news is hilariously bad. The best part about it is just that it gives the daily show and colbert more material heh.

LMAO JAH no kidding eh :jester
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

PreviousNext

Return to Real Life and Opinion