global warming?

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed May 09, 2007 2:16 pm

Bush says global warming is not caused by man. Word for word. He blames 9/11 (Not the attack, just that date in general) and the terrorist cells in Iraq. Not the terrosits themselves, just their cells. He has stated he isn't 100% sure if it is their battery cells or their jail cells that are causing all the problems. Intelligence is unclear on this.

He is kinda dumb.
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Wed May 09, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy
Member
 
Posts: 4788
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:15 am
Location: Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Postby Naiin » Wed May 09, 2007 3:05 pm

its the fuel cells silly
Image
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Image
User avatar
Naiin
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:42 pm

Postby Aboobaka » Wed May 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Maybe it's the phone cells.
Image
Aboobaka
Member
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:27 pm

Postby Worff » Wed May 09, 2007 8:07 pm

Naiin wrote:If you till your soil by hand, use a mule to plow, and harvest, shuck, and refine the ethanol to EPA standards... you have spent more energy than it takes to mine/drill fosil fuels and refine/consume them.... so really other than subsidizing the american farmer (the most subsidized individual in the US as it is)... wtf is the ethanol program doing.


Lol dude, thats retarded. Spent more of what energy? And with what emissions? Thats just for starters... or were you being funny?
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Image
User avatar
Worff
Webmaster
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:37 pm
Location: Galveston, Texas
Highscores: 42

Postby Worff » Thu May 10, 2007 11:50 am

Denmark gets a whopping 25% of it's electricity from wind power. Way to go Jaella !!! :banana :bluejump :thumbup :guitar :love
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Image
User avatar
Worff
Webmaster
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:37 pm
Location: Galveston, Texas
Highscores: 42

Postby Bilnick » Thu May 10, 2007 11:55 am

Worff wrote:Denmark gets a whopping 25% of it's electricity from wind power. Way to go Jaella !!! :banana :bluejump :thumbup :guitar :love


Are you saying that Jaella talking is powering those windmills? :jester
User avatar
Bilnick
Officer
 
Posts: 5494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:32 pm
Location: Saline, Michigan

Postby Worff » Thu May 10, 2007 12:19 pm

HAHAHHAHA :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Image
User avatar
Worff
Webmaster
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:37 pm
Location: Galveston, Texas
Highscores: 42

Postby Naiin » Thu May 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Worff wrote:
Naiin wrote:If you till your soil by hand, use a mule to plow, and harvest, shuck, and refine the ethanol to EPA standards... you have spent more energy than it takes to mine/drill fosil fuels and refine/consume them.... so really other than subsidizing the american farmer (the most subsidized individual in the US as it is)... wtf is the ethanol program doing.


Lol dude, thats retarded. Spent more of what energy? And with what emissions? Thats just for starters... or were you being funny?


Was saying in a physics aspect.. its more expensive in energy expended to creat fuel from corn.. there is only one source I know of that is actually cheaper to make... hemp bio-mass (notice I didnt say pot.. you cant smoke this and get high.. just not enough of that stuff in it) which you can get a certificate from the US to grow (go to your post ofice and ask about a 1943 hemp production law) one acre per certificate, Uncle Sam will be by on a prearranged date to pick it up (naval uniforms were made of this stuff up until the 70's not sure if it still is) There are massive feilds in Kansas and Nebraska (doesnt get you high.. remember)

What energy is expended you ask? Well the labor to plant, cultivate, and harvest the corn. (cause we dont do anything by hand anymore.. too expensive)The electricity used to refine it, along w/ the propane used to heat it up in refining, then the gas/electricity to distribute it. With the american farmer making 2-3x what the rest of the world gets on a bushel per-capita basis... why in the hell are we subsidizing them with a govt sponsered program that will cost more to implement and run than we are currently spending, when other countries are going the hemp route (France grows the most hemp bio-mass last I checked)
Image
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Image
User avatar
Naiin
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:42 pm

Postby Worff » Thu May 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Dude, yes it does take energy to do what you say with the corn harvesting and all.. but that is dwarfed compared to the energy expended for exploration, extraction, and processing of oil and other fossil fuels (and all the emissions related to them). Plus, corn plants are vegetation that absorbs a portion of the CO2 anyway. So, E85 should be way better than most fossil fuels I know of.

You may be right about the hemp being better solution than E85 (yes hehe I know hemp bio-mass has no Tetrahydrocannibinol to get you high) .. I dont know anything about making fuels from hemp, just things like rope and clothing etc... but I'd be interested to hear more about it :)
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Image
User avatar
Worff
Webmaster
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:37 pm
Location: Galveston, Texas
Highscores: 42

Postby Naiin » Fri May 11, 2007 11:23 am

Worff wrote:Dude, yes it does take energy to do what you say with the corn harvesting and all.. but that is dwarfed compared to the energy expended for exploration, extraction, and processing of oil and other fossil fuels (and all the emissions related to them). Plus, corn plants are vegetation that absorbs a portion of the CO2 anyway. So, E85 should be way better than most fossil fuels I know of.

You may be right about the hemp being better solution than E85 (yes hehe I know hemp bio-mass has no Tetrahydrocannibinol to get you high) .. I dont know anything about making fuels from hemp, just things like rope and clothing etc... but I'd be interested to hear more about it :)


There are plenty of sites about it, just avoid the hippy crap... love hippies.. they just dont typically make good scientists IMO.

http://www.globalhemp.com/News/2005/Sep ... -fuel.html

not a bad example if you filter out ths politcal slant.

heres a simple google search

http://www.google.com/search?q=hemp+to+ ... S:official
Image
The Way of the soft and yielding overcomes the Way of the strong and hard,
yet few are the number of those who follow this Way. -Tao Te Ching
Image
User avatar
Naiin
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:42 pm

Postby Serano » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:22 pm

User avatar
Serano
Officer
 
Posts: 12840
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:40 am
Location: Victorville, Sunny So Cal.
Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Bottom line is most people are idiots. No matter if we call them experts, scientists or presidents. Basically, complete idiots. So, until people go up in flames when they leave their house, nobody knows anything for sure. Next week it will be global freezing and fruits and vegetables will be bad for you.

The most common sense part of this is that if you spew shit into the air and the world gets more dependant on chemicals and medications, then that is bad. Some real basic stuff right there. Anything other then that will be debated by idiots until it is to late. So, take the easy route. Massive deadly plague wipes out 75% of the people and the rest are forced to be farmers and live like Quakers.

Then we can finally see who is right!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy
Member
 
Posts: 4788
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:15 am
Location: Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Previous

Return to Real Life and Opinion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron