Heroes takes a break.../cry

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Heroes takes a break.../cry

Postby Horcrux » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 am

So, is anyone else as depressed as me that Heroes is taking a 5 week hiatus? Especially after the cliffhanger they left in tonights episode. Of course, I could be the only one who watches it and be the only geek....but I doubt that...
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Areo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Ya that sucks, I hated the last damn break they took. I don't get why they throw these in there. Do they need more time to film? I bet they lost some viewers who got used to watching it and then got used to it not being on and then throw it in there again. Doesn't make sense to me.
Areo

heh

Postby bill » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Hello, Spider Man 3! Isn't Stan Lee part of that whole deal? He creates Heroes correct? Dude is busy. Moreover, notice the little "do you have theories? We want to hear them," bit?

I don't think they know what's going on anymore than the rest of us. I think Stan is winging this entire show by the seat of his pants, like a real sci-fi hero heh.

I really enjoyed that last bit from the guy in the kitchen who's name escapes me atm, said you can either live with meaning, or live happy. You can't have both.
bill

Postby Wamadoorn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:59 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna have Heroes withdrawls for a few weeks :cry. But then again, I can always watch reruns on SciFi or streaming online video at nbc.com, it's pretty cool they have all the episodes available to watch whenever you want... makes it easy to catch up or whatever if you have a decent Internet connection.

Yeah Bill, Heroes is definitely associated with Marvel Comics, thus all the comic driven stuff on the web site, tie-in with SM3, etc. Being there was a lotta advertising going into it, you can bet Stan Lee is all over it for the publicity trying to plug Marvel whenever possible. Plus, near the end of the episode before last, when Hiro leaves Ando and gets on the bus? The crazy-lookin old coot driving the bus was Mr. Lee.

Heh and how about meeting Hiro's father a few episodes back? Soda-spitting double-take priceless.
<this is where a cool sig image would go>

Wama's Lame Crap
Wamadoorn

Highscores: 6

Re: heh

Postby Horcrux » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:02 pm

bill wrote:I really enjoyed that last bit from the guy in the kitchen who's name escapes me atm, said you can either live with meaning, or live happy. You can't have both.

Mr.Linderman....

But yeah, it is Stan Lee. But if you think about it, Spiderman 3 is done lol. Doubt he has much left to do with it other than oversee stuff. And you can definately see his hand in Heroes. And yeah, the writers for Heroes are definately writing to the fans. The very last 5 seconds of last monday's episode proved that. Peter's hair has been a fan icon for a long time. Theres been a huge battle between viewers over whether the hair makes him attractive or hideous lol. And he final scene with Sylar giving Peter a lobotomy, and having his bangs fall on the floor proves they follow debates and fan boards lol. The 5 week break is also because each episode takes, I've heard, 15 days to shoot. so they can only get so far ahead of production so to speak, then they have to take a break to get more cought up. That and the story is so spontaneous and random that I bet Stan Lee is changing and making up a lot as it goes along. So far it is working great, and I hope it keeps up like this, but the spontaniety has a chance of going bad.

Heh and how about meeting Hiro's father a few episodes back? Soda-spitting double-take priceless.

I must have missed something, who is Hiro's dad? I noticed that the bus driver was Stan Lee, but how is the character behind Hiro's dad significant?
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Return to Real Life and Opinion