/derail talking about warriors raid roles

Moderator: Officers

Postby Daioe Sozenports » Tue May 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Oggas are so over rated.. make a gnome!!!! :thumbup
Daioe Sozenports

Highscores: 13

Postby Baromen » Tue May 16, 2006 2:50 pm

zyzzerzazz wrote:BTW - big differance between a Warrior in a XP grp - and in a Raid situation.

Dont confuse the two.

so would you take a warrior instead of a:

ranger
rogue
beast
monk

as a dps class on a raid if both were LFG RAID?

:punch: <--click me-->:-({|=
Baromen
Lurker

hehe

Postby bill » Tue May 16, 2006 2:52 pm

Don't be a hoser and do your job =p

Die like a champ! Or die tryin!
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue May 16, 2006 3:11 pm

I would take a Warr over a monk if we have enough pullers already

I would take a Warrior ovr a rog if the mob was a ranged DPS mob

I would take a Warrior over a ranger if the mob was really mean and could possiably plow thru tanks like it was his job - aka - Master of Hate.

I would take a Warr over a BST if the mob was Ranged DPS only.

Its all relatiev to the situation. Only 2 Warrs on your Ikkinz 4 Raid - the LFG Warr gets the invite. Period.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Baromen » Tue May 16, 2006 3:17 pm

obviously we could argue this forever. Unless you've done it, you won't understand the frustrations.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Xanaii » Tue May 16, 2006 4:24 pm

True enough said I must agree.

Zyzzerzazz. You would take a warrior over a beast if a mob was range DPS'd only...? But, don't beasts have DoT's and DD's? =P I don't remember warriors getting either /eg.

hah, not to fuel anything there man.

But honestly Zyzzerzazz has a point, if you aren't tanking, you still aren't worthless, you're still adding to the raid dps no matter what you think, so what if you aren't doing as much as the other classes who's jobs are to do dps, or to heal or whatever. It's like a pet. They don't do anything but add and they are damn useful. My warrior is only DPS, never use him to tank. And think of the SK, we aren't the best tanks, paladins are most always considered better and picked over us in a group, I would choose one over me in a group as well ( mostly cause I don't want to tank anyways, and also cause I don't want to fight a dipshit Paladin over aggro if I don't know him and he can't control his stuns ). monk,ranger,rogue,beast all out dps SK, warriors out DPS sk unless we're chain casting, warrior of the same lvl AA and gear that is, hell even less as I proved with my own warrior.

So, point is. And what I was going to say in a post awhile back but forgot somehow. Is that it only feels like you're worthless because you're number one abilitiy is not being used to it's potential if at all. But you have other things you can do as well, everything to add to the raid. ( I honestly don't think of groups anymore, I have enough AA's that i don't care about them unless it's a DoD mission to get gear ). So you tank mobs to save the raid, if you aren't MT, ST or 3T. Then you're DPS, no matter if it's low, high, or average. Or you're backup when things can/will go wrong. And when plowing, and you're still not designated as an MT, who cares. Not all those designated are going to be on the ball and one or another is going to miss a mob, just stay back and watch, notice what caster is getting smacked on that no other tank is paying attention to ( poor casters ) and run in there and save there lives, even if it means your death, because unfortunately, as sucky as it is, their life means more then yours, that's the life of a warrior. You'll get a rez though and life is good.

Which I've noticed you do many a time Baromen and I myself get rather upset watching you die saving someone elses life because you get no heal, which I don't know the entire story behind the healers in your group or others so I can't blame them or berate them, but still upsets me when I see so many around, but there's lots of mobs around, people can get confused easily, or are in the middle of healing other tanks who are getting their arses beat. Life of the warrior though and you'll get a rez, it sucks, you've voiced ti sucks, we all know it sucks.

You've said you love it though. So keep it up.
"Back in the old days we had to run around Shady Swashbuckler in cloth armor, barefooted, being trained both ways, to max our Sense Heading."

Hope Guides Us. Pain Binds Us. Truth Reminds Us.
Xanaii

haha

Postby bill » Tue May 16, 2006 5:18 pm

Playing a warrior is very much like leading a guild.

It is a shitty job, but strangely rewarding ;)
bill

Postby Baromen » Tue May 16, 2006 7:10 pm

yeah, not having specific instructions for healers to watch specific tanks (ie: healers watch teh following tanks: a, b, c, d) = death to me over and over and over. It got to the point that one night in time I just started shooting arrows because it was pointless.

Backup = speed bump. I should start keeping track of how many times I grab aggro on an MT death and die before a single heal lands. Like I said before, backup = you're alive for 12 seconds because too many healers don't think you'll be able to do it and decide to wait for the next tank/can't switch targets in 12 seconds/aren't paying attention/don't realize I've activated furious and think hott is wrong/etc

You choose a class because of their strengths. I picked a warrior to tank. If I wanted to dps I'd be a rogue.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Serano » Tue May 16, 2006 9:38 pm

I would pick ANY class in EQ to fill a DPS slot - you bet!. I have picked a cleric to fill the 6th / DPS slot.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Wed May 17, 2006 12:12 am

backup = you're alive for 12 seconds because too many healers don't think you'll be able to do it and decide to wait for the next tank/can't switch targets in 12 seconds/aren't paying attention/don't realize I've activated furious and think hott is wrong/etc

Is that what you think? We just say fuck it and wait forthe next tank because we dont think you can do it?

Gimmie a break lol
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 12:40 am

I don't really know but sometimes I have aggro for 12+ seconds with furious up and then just lay down. While I'm swimming around the potranq I think about things like "why didn't a heal land?" and I try to get creative to support all possibilities.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Wed May 17, 2006 7:09 am

I ask myself the same kind of question sometimes: Why wasnt aggro pulled off me?

I think we both need to make opp toons and have a little therapy session where you play a cleric and I play a warrior.

Honestly, in a riad situation - I have made it a habit of NOT healing the tanks that gank aggro, this is on raid targets only - not a plow.

If I have Pavelx as teh MT vs TT, and see Jumjam ganking aggro, guess what, my target remains on Pav untill Pav dies.

Its a matter of utility, and Warriors a a tool of controlled death to save the soft. Why get all discouraged when you die? XP Loss ? Frustrated? Can you see each and every heal that ever lands on you? HoTs - AA heals - ect ?
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

hehe

Postby bill » Wed May 17, 2006 10:00 am

Why wasnt aggro pulled off me?

Imagine if every heal had the same chance of failure that taunt does?

Clerics would be on fire!
bill

Postby Serano » Wed May 17, 2006 10:08 am

Then there are warriors that gank aggro on a raid boss and die and the same warrior will main tank a boss and lose aggro and once lost let whoever ganked it die before trying to take aggro back.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 10:20 am

The best is an Uqua run with 3 clerics I never come close to dieing.

A Time run with 6 clerics and I'll die a dozen times to trash.

What makes a warrior so unique is that you can seriously be in the worst group/raid ever and it's your fault for not getting the job done. Every death to trash is affirmation that you're not good enough to do this. Add in a cleric, druid, shaman in your group and a few more deaths and now you don't see why you should bother.

A cleric could be sitting afk and you'd never know it until you're dead, but nobody takes any responsibility but the tank.

I've confirmed I've had ninja afking healers and my pleas were not taken seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new favorite too! Pallies who don't follow directions and gank aggro on every single mob you engage! There really isn't much more I could be doing with 2EB augs and the dbotw... I know it's being done on purpose... but oh well. Just keep casting those spells pallies!

Baromen
Lurker

PreviousNext

Return to Class Specific Discussion