/derail talking about warriors raid roles

Moderator: Officers

Postby Baromen » Tue May 16, 2006 12:27 pm

I'm actually feeling pretty good. I'm just talking about where the hard times are.

When your raid leader doesn't give instructions to tanks/doesn't switch a tank all night/EVER waits for one warrior's discs to go live with 3 other wars on the raid/whenever your tank #4.

It sucks when you're sitting there and you see every tank being called upon to tank p3 but you... which doesn't mean you're not tanking. It means that when you see Zyzzerzaz on HoTT you're going to die because you'll grab aggro and get 10 rounded... nothing is more fun than living about 20 seconds without a heal only to die.

I lost half a yellow bub of experience on our last time raid alone.

I'm pretty happy, but I'm a long way off. I'm not bitching about anything, I'm just letting you guys know what warriors deal with primarily because zyzz put up a LOL WARRIORS and dran and I jumped on him.

Yeah, I didn't want Meso to die so I made sure I had good aggro before she started casting. That wasnt the first time I was up there and I was dealing with 3 or 4 max. Getting 10 was shitty.... until they brought 10 more...

But as you can see, even with the #3 weapon in the game in my primary hand I really don't do a ton of dps. Obviously I shouldn't compare to a necro, but I was there for HOURS looking for shit before meso came out so I knew about how long each fight would last.... then meso casts one dot... it felt so fast I thought O nuked the shit out of it. Even though I was able to kill 3 or 4 at a time with potions, it was amazing to see how a real dps class can do it.

NOT ONLY THAT, but on our last time raid a MONK was tank mezzing two of inny's adds and I had to burn discs to stay up on one. While he was tank mezing he was burning them both down.

I guess you trade utility for specialization.

:punch: <--click me-->:-({|=
Baromen
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue May 16, 2006 12:56 pm

NOT ONLY THAT, but on our last time raid a MONK was tank mezzing two of inny's adds and I had to burn discs to stay up on one. While he was tank mezing he was burning them both down.

Did you notice that monk is ToB+ Geared? He can prob mend better then I can heal:p

nothing is more fun than living about 20 seconds without a heal only to die.

And nothing is more fun then getting aggro off 1 heal on a tank, only to ahve the aggro kill you in 3 rounds and no1 picks up aggro off ya :p

It goes both ways man. Warriors HATE no getting healed when they die, and Healers HATE when tanks cannot get aggro off them.

I am not buying the poor this class or poor that class crap.

The cool thing about EQ is the class balance. And IMO - the classes are pretty damn CLSOE. Warr mitigate like no other - mages DPS like no other - Rogs dps like no other - BST can dps anc cast like no otehr..ect...ect..

Its just the game man. I hate dieing to aggro when a tank cannot get it off. Tanks hate dieing when they dont get a heal, but for some reason tanks take the stress more IMO.

When I grp with Way in a raid / xp setting - he gets fucking pissed when he dies. But what do yu expect - you are the front line man. Your gonna die :P
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Meso » Tue May 16, 2006 1:18 pm

:jester i've seen Zyzz in the hott window so many times i just thought he liked to tank.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby ForsakerTrull » Tue May 16, 2006 1:30 pm

Zyzz got more ac then most of the tanks :thumbup

Trull
ForsakerTrull

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue May 16, 2006 1:39 pm

I love the AA Silent Casting - I can abuse Healing and mobs still dont aggro me....45 min reuse timmer is ghey tho.

I still mitigate like a bard...pffft
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

haha

Postby bill » Tue May 16, 2006 1:42 pm

I don't mind dyin, I mean for the Tribe, of course!

I mind dying because ppl were chatting or scratching their asses. Huge difference.

Plus losing XP just gives me something to do after the raid hehe.
bill

Postby Baromen » Tue May 16, 2006 1:58 pm

zyzz, you're not getting it. If a warrior isnt' tanking, he's useless. If a tank is not going to tank anything, replace him for anyone.

If you have a cleric, shaman, druid in your group in p3 and you die over 20 seconds for the 4th time it gets frustrating becasue there's ntohing you can do but rely on everyone else. When someone is slacking, you get to die.

I don't let casters in the hott window even if I know my cleric is slacking and I die because I'm working hard. It's a uniquely frustrating class.

Baromen
Lurker

heh

Postby bill » Tue May 16, 2006 2:08 pm

Its like the old saying, a wizard with full mana is a waste.

If you aren't trying to get aggro when you should, you may as well be a wizard with full mana lookin at the ground.

You are doin the right thing Baro =)
bill

Postby Serano » Tue May 16, 2006 2:13 pm

That is silly.

With your weapons you are going to do more DPS than a typical TF ranger who isn't nuking. Only reason Rangers are standing back and shooting is that it keeps us out of the AOE - our Melee damage is greater than our bow shooting at this level. and standing right next to a warrior I am going to get the same DPS as he is if we have similiar weapons. I mean sure there will be differances and spikes but unless you completly outgear a warrior they are not crappy DPS.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Baromen » Tue May 16, 2006 2:22 pm

so would you take a warrior as dps in an xp group?

Baromen
Lurker

hehe

Postby bill » Tue May 16, 2006 2:29 pm

/chuckle baro nice comeback
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue May 16, 2006 2:44 pm

If a warrior isnt' tanking, he's useless. If a tank is not going to tank anything, replace him for anyone.

Negative. Do you mean just because you are not tanking somthing you " Feel " worthless?

If a warr is not tanking somthing ATM - he is playing back up while dpsing the mob(s).

Why dont you see this as value to the raid? How is this so worthless or a role? If the shit goes down - you are the last resort.

And god damn it - even if your melee damage disc is for 30 sec - thats still better then nothing. I refuse to beleive a Warr is only mitigation - they may not be a Rog - but shit man - even if you do 1 fucking point of damage - it added value to the raids goal.

Fuck it - I am making a Ogga Warrior :P
Last edited by Zyzzerzazz on Tue May 16, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Jahras » Tue May 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Baromen wrote:so would you take a warrior as dps in an xp group?

I do, I also take SKs as dps in groups!
Jahras

Highscores: 2

heh

Postby bill » Tue May 16, 2006 2:46 pm

I take Sk's as DPS and then ppl leave my group all pissed off.

Some ppl are damn picky.
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue May 16, 2006 2:47 pm

BTW - big differance between a Warrior in a XP grp - and in a Raid situation.

Dont confuse the two.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

PreviousNext

Return to Class Specific Discussion