Magicians - Vending Machines that Never Give Change

Moderator: Officers

ok

Postby bill » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:20 pm

First things first, corrections to myself:

Stacking~
The one important thing I found that this doesn't stack with is the necro group mana pump. So, if you have a necro in your group, this spell is useless unless the necro won't be feeding mana to the group. If that stays then its pretty gay. They better change that.

Nistari~
I am CONSTANTLY lamenting over not having enough gem slots as it is before this...every man do his thing, a little bit different...

Fnord~
Any time we raid, I have to click 3-4 buffs off at the very least to bring me to 13 buffs on ave. Between rangers, clerics, shaman and enchanters...then my own buffs and druid buffs...I am lookin at about 20-24 stackable buffs.

DPoC~
Its an augment that focuses the epic and pop pets for pet classes, not just magi. It raises their lvl, how much they strike for, and their regen. In regards to the epic, it raises the epic to lvl 50 which enables it to enrage @ 10% like your pop pets do. 760 points @ NRo.
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:19 pm

Any time we raid, I have to click 3-4 buffs off at the very least to bring me to 13 buffs on ave. Between rangers, clerics, shaman and enchanters...then my own buffs and druid buffs...I am lookin at about 20-24 stackable buffs.

Man, who did you blow? :) I hardly ever had more than 12 on me.

Its an augment that focuses the epic and pop pets for pet classes, not just magi. It raises their lvl, how much they strike for, and their regen. In regards to the epic, it raises the epic to lvl 50 which enables it to enrage @ 10% like your pop pets do. 760 points @ NRo.

Sweet, only about 700 points short now! :)
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Quillmane

Postby bill » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:15 pm

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for Azzenkar lately and this thread caught my attention.

http://forum.magecompendium.com/viewtop ... highlight=

wru bards with Highsun?
bill

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:57 am

Thanks dran, seen a similar thread on mage compendium as well. Simple fact is it seems totally random and the best way seems to be pop that bish soon as the servers come up. If you do find more let me know I want my epic.
Azzenkar Emberune

Pets upgraded

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:31 am

How do todays patches make you feel Dran? Still think Sony is out to punish the Mage?
Fnord Shoggothslayer

hehe

Postby bill » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:16 pm

Well, I honestly believe someone over there has a chip on their shoulder against magi. But I admit since January they've been making some effort to repair their other "fixes" which has kept me from canceling still.

After seeing some of the ways they intended to fix our pets, I realize pet canni could not have lived in its condition. However, it would have been really nice for them to just say "hey, we have to remove this because future changes will make it ungodly."

Not "we are changing it because we feel you get too much mana back /tick compared to other classes. Now here's an example that takes each class completely out of context. enjoy."

That rubbed me the wrong way hehe. I think the whole mage community got rubbed the wrong way.

I have been /feedback'in Elemental Draw critting on our pets since the first time I got a crit and now its fixed. That makes me very happy in pants.
bill

well

Postby bill » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:52 pm

post any changes you notice Fnord, I'm really interested to hear from as many magi as possible.

Sony staf came over to the mage board to relieve me of my fear that part of the fix wouldn't nerf the regen from the DPoC.

With their response, I am still not convinced that they didn't nerf it.

I'll be back tomorrow with my findings ;)
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:41 pm

I don't really read the Mage boards very often. I'm not into parsing logs to figure out my exact DPS, or most of the other stuff I've seen over there the times I've browsed. Any observations I post will strictly be by eyeballing, with no facts to back them up.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

parsing

Postby bill » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:16 am

I've never parsed anything in this game nor do i intend on it.

I respect your eyeballing fnord, so let it rip and come back with some thoughts. As we discussed last night, I think the changes affected all pets, and they also reworked how the foci scale from expansion to expansion.

Some magi had a good point. A warrior gets access to VT. His power scales up with the new gear he gets. A warrior is his gear to a major extent.

So too, are magi dependent on our pets. But, our pets never scale. The foci are so small of a difference from each other that it was barely noticable. Plus there were lots of bugs n shit.

Supposedly now, the power increase from our foci is the equivalent of that warrior getting VT loots.

So the DPoC is akin to that warrior getting the better LDoN armors, for our pets. The VT one is better and so on.

If anything, I thought pets were still attacking slowly. Not the animation but actual melee haste. Need more time to work on my thoughts about that tho, give me the weekend.

I live over at the mage boards to make up for my not trolling here anymore so anytime you wanna ask a qusestion, go for it.
bill

hmm

Postby bill » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:57 pm

bill

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Tue May 04, 2004 5:37 pm

wru bards with Highsun?

If you mean Song of Highsun, frankly, I never bothered to buy it.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

a

Postby raming1 » Tue May 04, 2004 9:37 pm

why not? its great on raids for pulling. well, some times~ not to great if you are gonna high sun it back into 700 more mobs that are gonna come kill you :p
Hey! You- guys!
raming1

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Wed May 05, 2004 2:10 am

Oh, I'd have to go back and find the debate on Eqdiva that spurred that decision.

Besides, I rarely get to raid these days.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

ok

Postby bill » Wed May 05, 2004 9:24 am

I have a problem with Fnord thinking this way too, lemme explain myself.

If you have access to tools and not all of them are commonly used but each tool HAS a use, why wouldn't you buy them?

Even if Highsun doesn't have tons of uses...it has at least one use which is why I mentioned it.

I know I have any spell I can get my hands on because our spells and abilities make us what we are. If you are choosing to not get an ability you are only limiting yourself /shrug.
bill

eek

Postby Serano » Wed May 05, 2004 10:09 am

I didn't buy the vision enhancing line of Ranger spells cause well they didn't do anything for elves. I dont' even know if I can cast them on another player or not.

I never got my two LoY spells - think one is a Dot I wouldn't use and one is an Ice nuke I would. Of course I don't have the 63/64 ice nuke either cause I am too cheap to pay a measly 2k for a spell. Oh wait - I don't have any money. I forget.

Ser
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

PreviousNext

Return to Class Specific Discussion