Ideas for Healing Efficiency on raids

Moderator: Officers

Postby Belos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:30 am

There are a number of tool you have to help ensure you have mana to complete a raid event. The follow is a list of SOME. Please add your own ideas.

1. Yaulp/Mount: Check to see is zone allows you to use a horse. If so mount up. When not using a mount make sure to yaulp continually. Yaulp X Rk2 is a 32 man regen per tick and only cost 10 mana to cast.
2. Mana Rgen/Mana Pool clickies: Many group and raid gear now have these clicky effects. Make sure to use the ones you have and research on how to upgrade.

3. Make sure you have a high enough mana pres focus for the heal spell you are using. An example would be if you use Devout Light tohave a level 85 mana pres focus.

4. Anomalous Rock of Alteration is another way to get an additional 3% static mana pres on all alteration spell (heal).

5. If using Devout make sure you are wearing SoD BP as it has a focus to reduce mana for this spell. Group T5 is 19% mana pres, T3 raid 25%. T4.5 27%.

6. Find best healing, beneficial haste and range focus.

7. Always have fresh mod rods

8. Have spiritual and Clarity potions on hand incase raid doesn't have a Enc or Bst.

9. Use balance and epic

10. Max Innate mana regen and Gear mana regen aa's.

11. Max Focused Celestial Remedy AA

12. Max Burst of Life AA

13. Use spires 3 AA

14. Max healing adept AA line.

15. Make sure u have appropriate "Gift of Mana" AA for healing spells you are using.

16. Make sure you can track other healers heal in a channel. Try and keep heals steady, without stacking heals and get into a rhythm. If you find yourself in a cluster of heals, duck can be your friend.
Belos

Re: Ideas for Healing Efficiency on raids

Postby Frogstew » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 am

That's a good list. I didn't know about Anomalous Rock of Alteration, but just looked it up and it doesn't look too hard to get.

Another thing that I do on my cleric is use the aaxp, LON mana clicky, and big mana potion. Staunch Recovery aaxp gives me all my mana back. I have a clicky that can be used once a day that gives 5k mana back (from LON). Plus those 10k mana potions from the veteran rewards. Granted, you can't use these as often, but I'd used them to one-group mobs like Mad Mary Anne in TOB... long fight, so you need lots of mana. Saved a Big Bynn fight once using those... when we were down to like 20 people alive, but no mana!

Ozzadar
Frogstew

Postby Bateow » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Belos wrote:4. Anomalous Rock of Alteration is another way to get an additional 3% static mana pres on all alteration spell (heal).

Quoted for truth. The LDON raid is a pain without dps. I failed it once and was booted from zone on the final mob because I took so long. Bring a ranger. Headshot works on 90% of the mobs. Will drop your clear time substantially. Let me know in-game if you need this and I can help out.
Bateow

Postby Belos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah that LDoN raid is a pain as you need to clear a zone of mobs that are packed fairly tight. But they are gimpy white/green mobs mostly. My tanks can pull 10-15 easy...sometimes do 20, and keep aggro. With decent dps, like rangers with headshot, mobs fall fast. Did this with Pogen and had Quest and maybe another dps? Took a while but around a hour. Good group can crank this out under a hour. Think there are 2 chest at end. Not much to be had other then the alteration aug.
Belos

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Clerics are overrated, ask my merc.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby cliffy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:31 pm

It also drops a clicky from inventory HOS click for bards.
cliffy

Postby Belos » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Sweet!!! Do any still play bards?
Belos

Postby Fenina » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 pm

I do! I do!
Got Zombie?
1-800-ZMB-KILLS

ImageImageImage
Fenina
Officer

Highscores: 2

Postby Iamdera » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:23 am

16. Make sure you can track other healers heal in a channel. Try and keep heals steady, without stacking heals and get into a rhythm. If you find yourself in a cluster of heals, duck can be your friend.

Is there a usual channel for healers (my appologies if that is in another thread I haven't read yet)?

Thanks,
Iamdera
Iamdera

Postby Belos » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 pm

tfheal i believe is the channel, but I don't think it is used much anymore.
Belos

Postby Ceruis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Belos is correct. If we could get all healers in there it would be great and make hashing out somethings a ton easier.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby sinadar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:46 am

An additional note for a cleric for mana issues. If they have a necro in the group, then that necro should be using Mind Decompisition. It's minor but it helps increase mana regen (Necro's don't twitch anymore seeing the spell is useless until SOE gives us a new up to date spell to compensate for the mass amount of mana pools).
sinadar
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 am

Druids have Spirit of the Whie Wolf, single and group versions. Makes healing more better.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Return to Class Specific Discussion