Exploding things

Moderator: Officers

Exploding things

Postby Orsiris » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:11 pm

It seems like having a chanty/ bard combo in group for raid hits seriously improves my dps. i do more damage with the appropriate songs and with mana recursion i always have a second nuke added that hardly gets resisted.

so roughly guestimating i'm doing an extra 2k dmg over what i would normaly do almost every round. balancing resists vs crits and such.

should we clock the wizzy in this format? oh and does it really matter? i mean i don't know what else you use a bard for besides training. are chanties better off in non-dps groups? does it matter? i just know I do MORE damage when i have them in group. and so i expect do the mages and druids.

school me otherwise if chanty/bard wiz wiz mage druid should be the group im in every raid.

-Ors
Orsiris

Postby Horcrux » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 pm

Performer's Psalm of Pyrotechnics adds 420 dmg to base damage of fire DDs in group.

Weshlu's Chillsong Aria adds 660 dmg to base damage of cold DDs in group

Both the above stack with Ancient Call of Power which adds another 30% to base damage of ALL nukes and DoTs cast in group.

Unless its a full caster group of all wizzies, mages, necros, etc with the bard, you would be hard pressed to get a bard to cater to just 1 wiz and give up more than 1 song slot for them.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Jaella » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 pm

Moved this to Class forum.

Recursion proc has a base damage of 875, can proc up to 5 times on one single nuke. As a chanter I can crit on the proc for 2100 and I'm guessing wizzies/mages crit for more.

Also, if wiz/mage runs out of mana, they can load up a low level (low mana cost) nuke and keep up DPS'ing. I know Uilea said that this kept her up on Redfang.
Jaella
Tired

Postby Orsiris » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:24 pm

Yes, Jaella i recall getting battle-rezzed, you told me to load up a mini nuke and with recursion and 5% mana i was able to continue the fight until the end non-stop. Yeah that was the first time we killed Redfang. i loaded up Wildmagic strike which crits up to 10.5k with bard, costs 284 or somesuch mana, procs GoRM.

Recursion Critted 9k on a 33k crit of EC. (w/bard songs)
Recursion commonly crits for 2.9-3.4 on a insta cast crit of 11-13k. (w/o Bard songs)

Recursion lands a lot even when the initial nuke gets resisted. So in a way it's dumby proof. You can nuke Keldovan and still land a 3-6k crit just from using a regular cold-based arsenal, which all gets resisted as you know. no i have never EVER used cold spells on Keldovan for an entire fight.

Anyway bard songs just amplify all the numbers. And yeah 1 song slot would be better than NO song slots. I'm just trying to maximize my Total damage, i expect everyone else to maximize theirs and if we have to haggle over a bard slot then at least we are working on it. :guitar
Orsiris

Return to Class Specific Discussion