Got my Pre order..

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Got my Pre order..

Postby print » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:29 pm

Well I went and ordered the EQ2SE $89 today...I have to say the little (starter kit is cool as hell) and its free with a $5 dollar deposit from EBT. I would recommend if you plan to try it get the free starter kit...
print

EQ 2

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:10 pm

I might consider buying this game just on the chance we form a Tribal Fury in EQ2. Problem is, I only have a 700 MHz system. Eventually, I'll jump to a 2.8GHz system with 2 GB memory...But thats a couple months down the line.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby arielyn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:41 pm

well, i for one am planning on starting a TF in eq2, if i decide to move to eq 2

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

/sigh

Postby Rozy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:42 pm

/sigh got the pre order....went to install the character creator thing and wouldn't ya know it...my brand new geforce video card wont work with it >< . DAMN U SONY!!!! urg :cry
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=936734]
Image[/url]
Rozy

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:36 pm

Well, at least you found out NOW, not when the game went live.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Aboobaka » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:38 pm

The things they make you buy :razz
Aboobaka

Postby deladriendil » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:15 pm

If you get the Starter Disc if links you to a place online to test your PC settings to see if what you have will work.

Got mine today also.

For those that are going to order the Collectors Edition please keep in mind that it ONLY comes on DVD-Rom. So if you do not have a DVD-Rom in your PC you are screwed (like I am) and will have to go buy one. Good thing is that they are pretty cheep on Newegg.
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby Rozy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:14 am

when buying computer stuffs....pricewatch.com... very cool can find good stuff cheap
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=936734]
Image[/url]
Rozy

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:04 pm

Yeah, I need a DVD before I get it.

newegg.com has fantastic prices, but just for shits calculate the cost with the zip code 99709. They only send UPS, and UPS practices wallet rape on Alaskans. I can actually get stuff CHEAPER at our local itty-bitty-independant computer store that doesn't have the overhead for volume buys. :(
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Aboobaka » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:06 pm

I bought the CD rom version and yes, I need a new vid card as well. I wonder if you can switch to the DVD version if it's better, or if you have to buy that version. Anyway, will be doin some shopping. Goof, I believe it's slated to come out 11/16 so you've got some time to upgrade. I did the system scan...it took a little time, scanned, and then the line that's titled your system had no info in it at all. I'm gonna try it again though.
Aboobaka

Postby Guardrail » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:38 am

No real difference in the two Aboo... cept it wil take less discs to install from a DVD's. I think EQ2 cd version is 10discs if i recall. I ordered the DVD even though i dont have one yet but will be installing one soon.

Cheers.
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby deladriendil » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:36 am

Think the install size is expected to be something like 6gigs. I can't find where I got that # from tho.
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:38 am

pretty sure you can get fine DVD players for your comp for under $50.

I think I put a DVD player in all 3 of mine. Ok at this point you realize that my budget is a little more flexible. But in my defense - one of my computers is essentially the same computer I bought/built in Dec00/Jan01 with a new (yes NEW) P3/650 and board to go with it in it. The second is the Comp I built in Spring of 02 essentially with no changes since 02 (P4/1.6Ghz - Gforce 3 128 Ram) and the third is my dream machine I built upon return from Iraq.

I gotta be able to splurge with SOME of the deployment cash since my wife blew 90% of it on a new minivan. The ONLY thing I skimped on with my new comp was buying an EXCELLANT Gforce FX 5600 w/ 256 Ram. [Well, I also havn't set up a RAID zero yet either. $$$ 8-( ] That was mostly cause I didn't want to drop $500 or more on the zippityest card that is out right now essentially in proto. I am really thinking the TOP of the line cards GForce and ATIs right now are early releases of the next standard so instead of dropping quality cash for RIGHT now quality I figured wait until This winter/next spring to get the finished version of the new cards when they add on 256 MBs onto the cards to max my performance - plus be better compatible with EQ2 when released. Sad thing is - I will have to get 2 of these new next Gen cards to power graphics on the 1.6 comp and the newere 3 Ghz comp I built this year in order to side by side EQ2 with my wife. At least my P650 will get the Chaintech Gforce 5600 then however. Hell at that point it will prolly be time to build a 4th computer with the spare parts again - as my Daughter will be turning 5 next June and will prolly no longer want to share the kids computer with her brother. hell they are already good at not wanting to share now!

So back to the point - getting the DVD version is a nobrainer for me.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:47 am

It's really ironic... newegg.com has nice DVD drives cheap - and the shipping to Alaska is MORE than the part!!! Yet as we lack any computer superstores (and WalMart only carries some odd brand-X drive) I'll probably end up paying it.

I gotta get that pre-order soon so I know how much upgrading my system will cost :) I think I'm at min sys reqs, lol.
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:32 pm

I really think that the main upgrade most players will see for EQ2 is just the vid card - and Really - I would NOT get it until after EQ2 is out because if you get a new card now - you don't have what you will need then. EQ even said so - when asked what vid card is ideal for playing EQ2 they said - it hasn't been made yet.

Well - I imagine anyone still maining a P3 system or below will be looking for any upgrade as well. So for those people they would be looking for a P4 MOBO, P4 processer (with hyperthreading), a new Vid Card (this is likely EVERYONE) and... a new powersupply. most people that have a P3 do not have a P4 ready powersupply - and your next Gen graphics cards are hungry bastards. Going for the cool max style power supplies rated at 520 or better is a serious must of the future. I will need two new Power supplies on my top two systems when I get new Graphics cards as well.

So once I get a new Power supply and vid card for two systems I would essentially be a monitor and a Mobo/processor shy of a 4th computer$$$!!!
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Next

Return to EQ2 and Other games