Which race/class will you be??

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Which race/class will you be??

Postby Guardrail » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:46 pm

For those that will or eventually make the transition. Have you thought what class you might want to be??
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Guardrail » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:48 pm

In playing around with the Character creator i created a few different races, a barb, halfelf, highelf and woodelf. Im pretty set on going with the WoodElf again and I'm pretty sure it will be a Ranger. Go Figure huh... :jester
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Dark Elf Ranger

Postby Rozy » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:43 pm

I haven't order anything yet...still trying to make up my mind, but i was under the impression that any race could eventually be any class....if that is the case ...Dark Elf ranger for me $$
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=936734]
Image[/url]
Rozy

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:45 pm

I don't have char creater apparetnly you have to buy that or something. But, I am expecting that I will prolly be going chanter with EQ2.

race? meh. I have pretty much played elves - so I think I will swing towards gnome. Yah you really can't have enough gnomes in EQ. If I wasnt' so busy with my other toons - I woulda loved to played up a Gnome SK.

Yah, prolly in EQ I will prolly start up a gnome chanter. Prolly of course roll up a rat Ranger sometime to explore that aspect - hell I guess i will wait until a firm release date before I really put too much effort into the concept. Now to start working on a gnomish chanter name. Maybe Gears. everyone seems to hate that name so it might work good. Carl would be a good gnome name. Then again - I rolled up a HE Paladin once named Harlow and never played it. Just recently ran into an over 55 player named Harlow I was like woah. That is my granpa's name.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Guardrail » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:55 pm

Its called the EQ2 starter kit and you get it free by pre-ordering the game at your local computer game store. Not sure if places like target, walmart will have it though, I got mine at Electronics Boutique.
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:06 pm

yah, I stoped preordering jack - especially when it comes to online games - cause the peeps you preorder it from end up getting it a day after the people that you did't pre order from.

Oh wait - I never preordered anything - I just read about what other people bitched about. Like a pal of mine Preordered COH and was a beta tester - she still had to wait 2 days after her friends bought it on release day to get her preorder
Serano
Officer

Postby Bilnick » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:06 pm

Once you create your character is there a demo zone or anything to wander around in?

Heh I'd probably make a Paladin type character, not sure what race though, but definitely not a frog or dorf.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Guardrail » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Unfortunatley no, i wish there was. :sad:
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Worff » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:21 am

I was gonna be a Klingon .. o wait they havent added that one yet :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby arielyn » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:16 am

WTB someone to make Star Trek Online

i'd have to be a vulcan, just so i could say stuff like are you out of your vulkan mind???? or you're a vulcan idiot, or Tribal V*lkan Fury BEYOTCH*

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

Postby Aboobaka » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:31 am

You could still say that, but you'd have to name yourself Bones :razz
Aboobaka

Postby Serano » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:41 am

I dunno. I think Star Trek online would work much worse than Star Wars does. I mean - it would suck if you were the Captain of your ship and you were like:

BONES, I AM RESPONSIBLE for the lives of 462 crewmen

"uhhh, 261."

what?

"ummm, yah - server isn't letting people log on right now - so we only have... uhhh looks like 189 now - guess a lot of LDs"

I dunno. and would you really want to be a Star Trek Red shirt? YOu know you are gonna die.
Serano
Officer

Postby deladriendil » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:58 pm

You can download the 'Starter Kit' from Supernova and then mount it with D-ware tools. BT roxxers.

Or just pre-order EQ2 and you will have the CD in 3-5 business days (or so they claim).

As for class/race... I have a few ideas in mind but it really all depends on the requirement of X class. Here they are in no real order.

1.) Ratonga Bard
2.) Wood Elf Ranger = BALEETED! (no Endless Quiver in EQ2 so that means I gotta buy my ammo and screw that. Ammo in FF is expensive as hell and I would expect EQ2 to be the same. Sorry Ranger class, You just got bagged!)
3.) High Elf or Dark Elf Cleric
4.) Monk. uncertain on Race. Looks like Kerra and Iksar are the preferred choice with Humans coming in 3rd. Too bad .. an Elf Monk would be PIMP!
5.) Whatever Nist, Foklar, Pens, Snurple don't pick? If all of us PA peeps play it together I could really be just about anything.

It is my humble opinion that in EQLive once you have a cleric at level 65 getting any other class to that point is simple and easy taking alot of work out of the process. We will see if this holds true with EQ2. If so then Cleric will be the route I go. It also depends on who else plays the game as you can create 'Families' and 'Fellowships' besides your basic 'Guild' premise.

Guild = alla EQLive except that guilds have the potential to own real estate. i.e. Guild Halls. Free standing apartments for members, etc.

Families = a group of people with the same last name. uncertain of the in game benefit to this

Fellowship = 6 people that always group together. if one person of the fellowship is not online a particular day they still get xp from the other 5 players kills though at a degraded value. If this becomes a large game of levels then the benefit ceases to be useful to the player that never plays.

Other misc tip of info. Raids are 24 people max IIRC. groups are 6. Apparently they want to take the zerg out of EQ. GL on that chief. This just means on non instanced raid encounters you will have 2 raid groups of 24. weee.
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby Serano » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:26 am

Oh Damn. While I yearn to play a gnome - That Ogre Mage is looking like the pick of the week.
Serano
Officer

Postby Worff » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:28 am

LOL BOO!! Yeah Bones was pretty rough on them Vulcans :P
no doubt Serano the red-shirts that u dont see on board every day always die hehe.

He's DEAD JIM !!!

Worff
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Next

Return to EQ2 and Other games