Trade Skills

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Trade Skills

Postby Guardrail » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:48 pm

In Norrath there will be other things to do than to fight all the vicious monsters. You can also support them who devote their time fighting evil… or good. There will be a class whose way of living is to create all sorts of wonderful stuff: Armour, Weapons, potions and so on. These people will gain great respect for their effort from their fellow citizens of Norrath.

As a craftsman/Tradesman you will have a whole new tradeskill system open for you. The new tradeskill system will have an entire branch of the class tree devoted for trade classes. The Tradesmen are meant to have a fundamental impact on the EverQuest II economy. Unlike items in EverQuest, items in EverQuest 2 will decay, not over time but by use. This gives a new business potential for the crafter by repairing damaged equipment or replacing ruined items.

Unlike Everquest, in Everquest 2 only the Tradesman may learn trade skills. In Everquest anyone can pick up a tradeskill at any time, this time the tradeskills are for the tradesman, (or women), alone. On the other hand, tradesmen will severely lack combat skills, making all other classes needed for the tradesman for protection, to get supplies and ingredients and of course to have someone to sell their crafted items to. This, combined with the tradesmen being able to create the best items in the game, and therefore also the most sought after and valued items in the game, makes combat classes and the trade class to be dependent of each other. The one needs the other. So a tradesman will never feel left out, or the loneliest, most left out class in the game. It would rather be the opposite, since all the other classes rely on the tradesman for upgraded equipment.

Bill Trost, Lead designer of EQ2, said in an interview that the tradeskills would be far more entertaining than hitting the combine button. There will be unforeseen challenges under the process of making, challenges that need be addressed for the making to succeed...
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Guardrail » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:49 pm

i guess your alt if your allowed one will be a tradesman....hehe
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Serano » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:50 pm

dude, I so heard that trades are being opened up to other classes - not only tradesmen now.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Guardrail » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:01 pm

ahh ok. That would be very nice. Personally i hate doing the mule/alt thing.

I also heard that there will be no bazaar type situation. You actually give items to specific NPC's, set a price and walk away. Even if you log off for a week, your item can still sell.
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

HAHAHAHA

Postby bill » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:01 pm

The following statement:

unforeseen challenges

is the kind of thing SOE banks on. I like that they are turning bugs into *features* heh.

Just my cynical view hah.
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:15 pm

Yeah, they killed the Tradesman as a separate class. Now its something that everyone can do...kinda ruined my (speculative) fun :(
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Artisan Progression

Postby deladriendil » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:26 am

* Regardless of Class anyone can become an Artisan *

http://eq2.stratics.com/content/guides/ ... eintro.php
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby deladriendil » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:32 am

More info regarding the tradeskiller here:

http://eq2.stratics.com/content/interviews/saesumm.php
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal