First in a Series of Important Polls Regarding TF Policy

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Should Alts be able to accrue DKP when not requested?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 pm

Yes, with no restrictions as currently stated in policy.
24%
Yes, but only if the alt meets the requirements on a full member (ie. lvl 70 and any future requirements placed)
40%
No, only a character requested by the raid leader or a main may accrue DKP.
36%

Total votes : 50

Postby Serano » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:03 pm

Should Alts be able to accrue DKP when not requested?
Yes, with no restrictions as currently stated in policy.
24% [ 12 ]
Yes, but only if the alt meets the requirements on a full member (ie. lvl 70 and any future requirements placed)
40% [ 20 ]
No, only a character requested by the raid leader or a main may accrue DKP.
36% [ 18 ]

Total Votes : 50

Thinking of a possible way to write this into our DKP
3) Raid Points
a) Raid Points (RP) are awarded for attending raids, quest hits, progression hits and Mobos.
b) All attendees, regardless of Guild Affiliation, can earn RPs.
c) RP’s are tracked with the DKP System. The link to the DKP system is on the TF main page. Ultimately all members are responsible for keeping track of their own point totals.

Would look like re-writing B would be something like this:

b) All main characters that attend raids, regardless of guild affiliation or app status earn RPs. TF member's Alt characters earn DKP if they either meet the same guild application requirements (level 70 currently) or they are speficially requested by the raid leader in order to ensure raid success.

That look about like what the poll would seem to indicate? Or we want to do a refinment on the poll before calling this the word?

Taking into account that essentially 32 peeps voted to let alts get DKP altho 20 of them prefering that they meet some minimum standard. and then I put in there the portion about raid leader requesting them for anyone that might be under the standard - say a 67 cleric.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

right on

Postby bill » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:44 pm

That looks very good to me Serano. I'll work on my next poll some more and try to word it more elegantly.

It will be a simple one though, with this decision made I will be asking about the bidding caps for alts as well as the cap for boxes.

I don't see any reason to make the cap for boxes different than the cap for alts so if one changes, they will both most likely change.
bill

Postby Serano » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:10 am

j) Points are awarded to the character and DKP is tracked by character. You may bid on items based on what points the character you are currently raiding with has banked.

Just want to point out that this new policy is LIVE - but consider the above. Bidding with points your alt is still permited currently at 50 point camp - subject to change. So any points accrured under the old system are still valid.

This answers the question for boxes as well. Since boxes don't get DKP unless requested in the first place - their level doesn't really matter.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby deenmore » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:20 am

I didn't read soon enough, I didn't vote. I see the majority for a cap for alts is leaning to 20, and I would agree to that. I am always willing to change to my main if RL thinks its necessary for me to do so. But if I choose to play an alt, and by the way I do ask in officer chat a lot of the time if I can bring my alt, I want to earn dkp while on that alt. After all I am doing the same thing as a Main of the same class would do.
I am an illusionist
deenmore
Lurker

Previous

Return to Guild Policies